Author Topic: Digital Paintball 2 Skype scrimming conversation  (Read 4253 times)

JeongWa

• Autococker
Digital Paintball 2 Skype scrimming conversation
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
Hellow,

I'll start a conversation with every clans or players that want to team up and scrim for DP2.

If you are bored to find your matches on servers, feel free to join it.

-The purpose of it, is that instead of PMing your whole DP2 skype contacts, you leave a message there about the match that you are looking for (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ect..) and most of the actual active players will be aware of it.

-Be aware that it will be made to scrim, and not to talk.

-You can actually talk about things related to DP, but do not talk with someone in it for long :)
(Mostly because if people use it to talk, people will get bored on reading everything, and because you dont want to get kicked out just because you were talking with someone)

-Provocation or spam will just lead into a kick to avoid the spam

If you want to join it

ADD me on skype : JeongWha (france)

Or ask someone who is already in it to ADD you in.

If you dont want to be bothered by the notifications: Right Click on the Group -> ViewProfile  -> Unstick  " Notify me when something new happens "

If you have any trouble with anyone (Always happening) or want to talk about anything, PM me on skype but not on the CONV.

-For people who has been kicked, if you want to join it back, i can invite you later, if you feel capable of not spamming the chat again.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:34:35 PM by TeMaRu »

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball 2 Skype scrimming conversation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
This idea seems like a good thing - but the issue is it's run by someone in the matching scene.

This would be a better chat if it was run by Jitspoe and select others who actively are on a PC - but are not actively playing in the matching scene. This removes all bias. People whom are friends can get away with more than people who dislike eachother due to it being an admin in the matching scene.

Not to mention - you have to be ADDED to this group, whereas IRC you can stumble upon it via this website, via other clients, or word of mouth. Sure, its more common for people to have Skype, but it still requires them to know this group exists and to be invited. And then people always talk random non-match related stuff - making it so you have to turn off notifications.

-----------

On top of that, this was made to increase the matching scene. Someone telling others to "leave the game/group" should not be tolerated, even if the admin is friends with the person saying it. There's like 5 teams that play the game, if people want to talk trash in the servers, or other means - it can't be controlled, but in the "community chat" and form of trash talk should be instantly dealt with.

--------------------

Anyways, decent idea moving to a more popular platform in Skype as everyone has it - but poor execution in actually helping the game by allowing ego's and reputations to affect the ability to moderate a chat.

-----------------

I do not recommend getting on this Skype for new players/anyone coming back. It will just give you 100's of daily notifications, and rarely is about matching. Also, admin allows excrement talking without doing anything but "cmon guys". He has no idea how to resolve conflict, just an emotional admin. Need someone whos mature for this to be worthwhile.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 03:44:41 PM »
I agree with your says, would definitly be better if neutral people could mods it.

Concerning Shock and You, you are old enough to assume your acts, i don't mind people talking in game, exept when my teamates spend the whole time replying instead of playing and in any ways, no one can control it. But for this,  you guys were argumenting, knowing the consequenses, you have both been kicked away. The kick was meant for you guys to not spam the chat, i don't have enough time to read everthing, and i don't care. You spam, you will be ejected. As simple as that, if you want to talk about something, do it somewhere else. But not there.

"  Someone telling others to leave the game/group" should not be tolerated " i agree with that, but shock has been removed right before you, and 4mins after saying that.

If someone is being a ...towards anyone, just contact me privatly instead of spamming the chat itself involving the fact that the moderation is bad or what ever. I never made social studies. I'm just kicking who ever is spamming the chat out.

For people who has been kicked, if you want to join it back, i can invite you later if you ask so, only if you feel capable of not spamming the chat again.

I hope jistpoe could do something like that, or think about doing an official skype thing for DP.  ( there is way more people there than probably anywhere else )

But until then, i'll mods few people which i trust.

Oh and also, you are not the first people that has been removed from spamming it or argumenting on things that isnt related to DP. But i gave them another chance.

Oh And about your recommandations, i wont say anthing, it's your opinnion, if you want to make your own opinion about this Skype, just go there, and see it from your eyes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:09:30 PM by TeMaRu »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »
Skype only for scrimming purposes? You fool?
And these notifications you receive just becouse someone has written something that is not directly related to matching?
If you want to use Skype's group conversation in this way, it means that you can't really think logically.
A website for scrimming matches would work in this way, but Skype!? Come on, get real.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
bla bla bla bla

HTLM..you have been there few days, and saw how much people actually use this..

Anyways, i do not want to debate with you on why is skype more active for DP players than IRC or what ever people actually use. This is just how it is.  ( we've already been talking about that in your post about IRC ) you know, this one : http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28228.0

If you think something would work better, just do it.  I will myself be happy to see people finding matches elsewhere but not on public servers which are nearly empty nowadays.

Anyways, have a good night still ( it's late on EU )

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:28:22 PM by TeMaRu »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 06:28:35 PM »
Oh come on HTLM..you have been there few days, and saw how much people actually use this..

Anyways, i do not want to debate with you on why skype is more active for DP players than IRC or what ever people actually use. This is just how it is.  ( we already been talking about that in your post about IRC ) you know, this one : http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28228.0

If you think something would work better, just do it.  I will myself be happy to see people finding matches elsewhere but not on public servers which are nearly empty nowadays.
I said nothing about IRC. EDIT: In the forums, not in the Skype conversation, to make some retarded people understand what I'm actually talking about.
If you can't really understand what I'm talking about, don't reply ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:16:42 PM by mRokita »

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »
On top of that, this was made to increase the matching scene. Someone telling others to "leave the game/group" should not be tolerated, even if the admin is friends with the person saying it.

Anyways, decent idea moving to a more popular platform in Skype as everyone has it - but poor execution in actually helping the game by allowing ego's and reputations to affect the ability to moderate a chat.

you are right, it shouldnt be tolerated, but when i remember right, you did the same thing in past. which means you arent better (just incase you mean the conflict between you and shock here).

jeongwa already said he will take a few people he trusts and make them moderators, i think it will get better then. there are more opinions and not just jeongwas if you arent happy with it, other moderators may act "stricter" or however to call it. the part with the admin and his friends is a important thing, but i havent seen any benefits yet since you both got banned (shock and myerz).

I do not recommend getting on this Skype for new players/anyone coming back. It will just give you 100's of daily notifications, and rarely is about matching. Also, admin allows excrement talking without doing anything but "cmon guys". He has no idea how to resolve conflict, just an emotional admin. Need someone whos mature for this to be worthwhile.
yet only those who are inactive and those who got kicked/banned left the dp2 skype chat, there are 58 people in the chat right now, here and there you hear a "come one stop spamming" message but yet not much people left the chat. i recommend joining the dp2 skype chat and i would at least give it a try if im a newbie or any other sort of player who wants to match. if you dont want it, you can leave any time.

and a "cmon guys" should normaly be enough for a grown man/woman to stop talking trash/spamming the chat.

all in all i think the chat was and is a nice idea. in my opinion its better then the IRC groups we had in past. and i dont think that jeongwa acted like a emotional admin like you said it
i also disagree with the part that "he has no idea how to resolve conflicts", he told you guys to stop, more than once. you didnt stop, so he kicked you out, problem sloved.

And these notifications you receive just becouse someone has written something that is not directly related to matching?
If you want to use Skype's group conversation in this way, it means that you can't really think logically.
A website for scrimming matches would work in this way, but Skype!? Come on, get real.
I said nothing about IRC.
If you can't really understand what I'm talking about, don't reply ;)

you spammed the chat with unnecessary stuff (more than once, and you got warned before your first kick)
you tried to promote your IRC chat and told us how godlike it is.
the way you wrote this post just shows again that you deserved the ban.
you are obviously mad of getting kicked and thats why you write excrement like that.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:53:31 PM by lukip »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
lukip, please learn how to read, I wasn't talking about what happened on skype...
I don't care about the ban and I'm not mad.
I don't match actively nor have a clan.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:07 PM »

I just don't get your points.

DP Players actually idle on skype more than any other tools, why would i be a fool? why can't i think logically ?

There is around 60 people idle in it which are all involved in DP. They can scrim when ever they want, so tell me what isnt logical ?

Of course I knew when creating it that skype is not made for that, but i did it because i knew i could reunite more people here from DP, than any other chat.

I don't really understand your behavior htlm,

I just see it as an absurd jealousy, and looking at the post you made today. it just confirmed my thought.

I'm not really sure why you behave on me like that

Because we wants the same, the game to be more active.

I wish you the best of luck still for your ideas.

Have a good night.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 06:13:57 PM »
I just don't get your points.

DP Players actually idle on skype more than any other tools, why would i be a fool? why can't i think logically ?

There is around 60 people idle in it which are all involved in DP. They can scrim when ever they want, so tell me what isnt logical ?
Yeah, i see that you don't understand them.
I said that you want to use skype ONLY for scrimming purposes then. No talking about game / everything else.
It's not possible IMHO.
I don't really understand your behavior htlm,
My old nick was hTml not htlm
I just see it as an absurd jealousy, and looking at the post you made today just confirm my thought.
Jelaousy? You have nothing that would make me jealous. Maybe except gaming skills, I used to suck at this game.
I wish you the best of luck still for your ideas.
Thanks ;)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 06:48:03 PM »
Having Skype chat for scrim only was a great idea. Activity of the game has increased by orders of magnitude (tournament and Christmas are also factors). Jeongwa has been a fair enough admin. The chat hasn't had too much spam apart from 1 occasion for ~15mins.
Worth joining IMO

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
Having Skype chat for scrim only was a great idea. Activity of the game has increased by orders of magnitude (tournament and Christmas are also factors).

Same thing happened when I made DP2Match. Game activity spikes. Any "well organized tournament" causes spikes too. It's about maintaining. Skype group requires people to "find" others to figure out competitive scene. It works better for the current scene than IRC does, but as a whole it doesn't fix the problem. However, the only real solution is finding ways to keep up to date with a lot of bigger current games and having chat built into the client. The reason for the spikes are due to getting a group of older players back for a short time before they get bored and move on. Every time the spikes get smaller. We're just making solutions that work for older players. But, can we ever really expect DP to grow? Let's be real.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »
i got removed for no reason lol, thanks friends.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »

Hey, send me a message on forum which include your skype nickname. And i will verifiy on why you have been removed.

( But everyone that has been kicked out, was because they were spamming, few other left on their own )

Anyways, let me know your skype nickname by PM.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »

For Chemical: (Check your personal messages, here is the reason )

If you call that no reason, then yeah, you totally got removed for no reason.
Anyways, if you want to join it back, you would have to be mature enough to not spam it again. Because i wont give you a 3rd chance, just saying.
PM me if it's the case ( Also work for anyone who has been removed from it ).