Author Topic: Is this game dieing?!  (Read 7870 times)

Flema

• PGP
Is this game dieing?!
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Hi Guys and Girls!

I've known this game for several years and i've always enjoyed it. But everytime i want to play some badass paintball there are only two avaible servers. This game used to have many players/servers. at least 200 at any given time.

Anyway, i'd really love to see that happening again, and it might be a bit dull to say: Can you pls let this game live again?

- A more ignorant question is not possible so this is what i suggest; making some adds? Getting people to actually know this game? I think the game needs more players to keep breathing.. Get publicity, get people to talk about this game,..

Love you all guys,
Flema.

mRokita

• Autococker
Re: Is this game dieing?!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Well, ads are a good idea IMO, we need a generous sponsor though.
And it would be nice if jitspoe could post some statistics, because we don't really know if ads will be effective.
This game dies because it doesn't have enough new players and the old ones stop playing. I don't see as many newbie clans as I used to a few years ago.
The question is what's the reason of that.
Not enough new players - ads are a good idea
New players leave the game after a few days - ads won't help in any way.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:12:33 AM »
edit: nvm

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
ranking/ leveling up and a league.

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
well last night we had 45 servers online total and 14 players..
i also have a windows box with 3 servers waiting in que if we ever need them
what we have been  doing in my servers is after 3 or 4 people join we add a few bots
at least you have targets to shoot and the bots die off as people enter..
sometimes it works sometimes it does not.. but we try

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 10:56:49 AM »
ranking/ leveling up and a league.
Find me another Python developer ;)
I don't have enough time to work on DPLeague at the moment, I'm going to work on it with my friend, p0rt after 14th of January. Wish me luck.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 08:45:59 PM »
There is no motivation, at all. New players play this game, learn the basics (tutorial) and join the server. Then they will either get tired of getting their ass kicked or actually try to improve and get better. The 2nd option is most likely not going happen since they have no idea about any sort of competitive community unless they really try. Relying on IRC is dumb, forums are dead and there is 0 to none new content and the official site is as dull as it can get. For new players to actually stay with this game, there would have to be content created by skilled players shoved into their faces constantly reminding them how good they can actually get in this game.

If new player wants to get into competitive scene, he has to blindly search the forum in a hope he will actually find something and ultimately might stumble upon the global gamers irc. This is a lot of work for someone who doesn't even know if this game is competitive.

To get new players aware of competitive part of this, you would need to rework this page from scratch, add featured videos and get someone who would moderate it and update content. Get twitter, facebook page and start posting content there as well. Doesn't have to be minutes long frag movies, just 30 minute clips with few shots, tutorials, anything. Ofc this requires people willing to do it and dedication to keep creating this content.

In short, imo the main problem is lack of content and any sort of promotion of content or community.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 02:20:08 AM »
Find me another Python developer ;)
I don't have enough time to work on DPLeague at the moment, I'm going to work on it with my friend, p0rt after 14th of January. Wish me luck.
GL.
Some ads would be good, and steam integration too (or at least a steam-like profile, friends and chat system, and website system)

ulappen

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 05:01:30 AM »
Hey, like always in english and german:
i think its a good idea if people they playing this game tell all nice people they know, about this game.
But a big advertisement i think isnt make sence before, the new players can learn this game by them self, with instructions how the game work, how you can make coloured names and so on. (like prozajik if i understood, said.)And before jitspoe make a better menues, without soemtimes need the console, like the mod i use. Its without like: human go on this defect boat and drive.....
it need official youtube and so on, and it would be help if the forum users not speak so much about there privat things, will make it easier to find answers.
I think kkds tournement is a good start of bring live in this game. , next tournement, maybe with live commentarry and all matches as youtubeupload(but better on officiell acc)
because before the game and his performing for in and outsiders have to be good then advertisement

PS. to bring every day more than 100 players in this game is easy, but with big advertisement come all what we all dont want and play this game....

German:
Ich finde es ist eine gute Idee das Spieler die das Spiel spielen, netten Leuten die sie kennen davon erzaehlen und es zeigen.

Aber viel Werbung bringt erst was wenn man als neuer Spieler, an Hand von Anleitungen jegliche Dinge im SPiel selber wissen kann, wie das Spiel funktioniert, wie man Namen mit Farben erstellt(So wie prozajik sagte falls ich ihn richtig verstanden habe). Und bevor jitspoe eine benutzeroberfläche anbietet mit der jeder Laihe zurechtkommen kann ohne zum Teil die Konsole benutzen zu müssen. Es braucht auch offizellen youtube acc usw. Und es würde helfen wenn Forum-user nicht so viel privatsachen im Forum besprechen würden.
Ich finde kkds Turnier ist ein guter Anfang um mal wieder Leben innerhalb des Spiels zu haben. Nächstes mal vielleicht sogar mit Live Kommentar und upload jedes matches auf officeillen youtubechannel, wer weis.

PS. mehr als 100 Spieler jeden Tag im Spiel zu haben ist kein Problem aber dann kommen auch alle Spieler die hier niemand haben will.

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 07:01:31 AM »
log into battlefield 3 or 4 all your content is on 1 page, servers forums, friends, everything
ALSO
JIT?? cmon,  stop removing  excrement from the code that we used to like to have in, gun temp? have you ever even played paintball??  when you are out of ammo you are out, your marker does not stop shooting every 11 seconds...  I know we can remove this serversdide..  but honestly JIT?? you are adding and removing stuff  from the original code that makes ZERO sense..

also there used to be  4 wave taunts  wave 1 2 3 4  now each produces the same taunt lol really?

we are also not on 56K anymore you can give us the ABILITY back to script 2 movements to one key again without a 3 second pause.. it used to be entertaining to watch someone taunt and walk towards you as they shot you..

we never had a lag issue on my servers with it.. then YOU got a hold of the cod e and came up with a lame LAG excuse on why you took it out..

I  do wish my cd from 2007 was not destroyed as those sever and game files are what it SHOULD have been and remained like..

Flema

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 07:14:29 AM »
I thank you all for the comments, it gives me hope :)

ulappen

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 07:38:49 AM »
Yea, if these discussion end and are in a way with sence, not like these disgussion(was more importand, i think), to make the game better and work with jitspoe together and so on, all they want too make game better please read my pots in these topic :   
Cheat/Mod Detected: omni

if not anybody want, will this game never die, we have a few Millions humans in the  world :D.
maybe only the feeling will die, that would be very said.
But please programmer/code writers work please together jit davew, html and so on... and the humans with ideas and ways please too.

Ja wenn die Diskussion sinnvoll bleibt oder sinnvoll endet, nicht wie diese hier(die viel wichtiger war)um das Spiel besser zu machen mit jitspoe zusammen und so, alle die das SPiel besser machen wollen sollten bitte meine Posts zu dem Thema:

Cheat/Mod Detected: omni

Wenn nicht Leute wollen das dass Spiel stirbt wird es niemals sterben, es gibt ein paar Millionen Menschen auf der welt.
Höchstens das feeling des Spiels könnte sterben, was sehr traurig wäre.
Aber bitte programmierer arbeitet endlich zusammen, jit, html davew und so, und die Leute mit Ideen auch.

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 02:47:34 AM »
Aber bitte programmierer arbeitet endlich zusammen, jit, html davew und so, und die Leute mit Ideen auch.
2 problemen mit dieser Aussage: 1) Du hast mich net reingeschrieben :D 2) davew ist kein programmierer.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 05:26:09 AM »
2 problemen mit dieser Aussage: 1) Du hast mich net reingeschrieben :D 2) davew ist kein programmierer.
English?

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
English?
2 problems with your sentence: 1)You forgot me 2) Davew obviously isnt a developer, just a serverhoster

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »
And then the thread died. No ones making any effort. There's nothing we can really do but ask jit to make an effort. Jits in control of what happens with the game. The ability of viewing the forums in a sort of pb2 launcher would be nice. Maybe even a friends system. Go add these ideas to the feature vote page. But don't hope for anything. I think jits too busy with real life for this game now. Good games come, then they go.

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 06:18:06 AM »
2 problems with your sentence: 1)You forgot me 2) Davew obviously isnt a developer, just a serverhoster

1) You ?? wow so you think you have a big ego and things to cintrubute? when were you part of the conversation..

2) we had these features back on in the game and it WAS removed. for no good reason we played on 56k modems and never lagged because of a few taunt scripts..

3) you should be glad there are US serverhosters or there would be only a lonely LAN game  so don't even start with people hosting this almost dead game, we are paying out of pocket for NO PROFIT, to keep players coming in..
the last thing you want to do is piss off the guys hosting servers..

Was the last time and that was the second round that I hosted servers that I paid for out of my own pocket
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1419.0

before this  (2005 post above) I had 9 servers up at the ISP I worked at..

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28226.msg255820#msg255820

hmmmm
Just a server hoster but you seemed happy for me to put one up to your liking????

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 07:10:39 AM »
1) You ?? wow so you think you have a big ego and things to cintrubute? when were you part of the conversation..

2) we had these features back on in the game and it WAS removed. for no good reason we played on 56k modems and never lagged because of a few taunt scripts..

3) you should be glad there are US serverhosters or there would be only a lonely LAN game  so don't even start with people hosting this almost dead game, we are paying out of pocket for NO PROFIT, to keep players coming in..

Was the last time and that was the second round that I hosted servers that I paid for out of my own pocket

before this  (2005 post above) I had 9 servers up at the ISP I worked at..

I think umaster didn't mean to Insult you or to piss you off. Calm down man you are a Server hoster and that shouldn't piss you off, cause it's fact and nothing bad(in contrary, we Need far more People like you:D).

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »

before this  (2005 post above) I had 9 servers up at the ISP I worked at..

Lel calm down man. I didnt want to insult you mate. I just said that you are a serverhoster. Nothing else. Is that something bad, an insult?! No. Somebody says "You are a fireman" to a plumber, and you say no, "he isn't", thats no way an insult :D
Also YES I AM GLAD you host servers again, I just said you aint a developer. :D nothing else man. If you are a developer, go post a reply and say: "No UMaster, you were wrong, I am a developer!" And.... problem solved :D .
Also, how should I know what features you had back in 2005, 2007, if I only joined 2013? Thanks for letting me know that.
Greetings,
UMaster, who never insulted you.

P.S What is your problem, dear Davew?!
P.P.S Yes I am a developer (web-dev) and I can't contribute to the game, bc I don't know C, but that has nothing to do with things like what I did for PB, when I joined, etc. :D

(Calm down)