Author Topic: Why DPB:2 is dead/dying  (Read 10988 times)

Steve Jobs

• PGP
Why DPB:2 is dead/dying
« on: January 10, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
The reason why this game is dying is because this game is dying. Everything dies off in this realm that we call and know as the phyiscal universe. No such human creation can be callled "immortal". Even most creatures that exist in the known universe do indeed die at some point. Its called the Circle of Life. Life and death. The ying and yang. The truth and lies. The past and future.

It indeed is a hard reality to grasp for most people in this game, and to come forth. It is certiantly a difficult concept to understand. We humans can only do so much as to our abilites and capacity. All we can do is Prolong and/or gain time. One must expect this truth for success. This game has deep roots and history. It has great sarafices, and certianly mountainous amounts of blood and time put into. This game is older then some peoples moms. Even some people themselfs.

You must all be wondering what this post is about? Some must be wondering who I m. We all know what this is about and who I m. But that question still cimes to your minds. This is a perfect example of hard realities. Acceptance is the key for the success. Moving on, this thread is to inform people of this monsterous and bueatiful game why this game is dying. Its up to YOU to save it after I inform you all. This information is completely true and completely unfalsifiable. Its for you all to know. So please, make sure, with the most unbaised and non-predijuiced opinon when reading this.

Lets begin:

1)Slow death: The game is dying because everything in this world has a life point. A climax. A downfall. A death.  Then it all begins again. I remember this as Circle of Life. Kind of like sex. You can never go for ever, only prolong it.

2)Unconditional Controll: This game is a totalirism controll. Undesirable. Unconditional. Most succesfull games have an more open controll system, something like a publicly shared profit of game. Where more than a several people make descion for the game. It also allows room for more ideas and more development to run through. No one likes a unconditional controll.

3)Lack of Active Developers: If you made this game, and you truly love it, then you should be developing the game. Most of the, wait sratch most, practicaly all the developers in this game dont care and have left the game, while still thinking that they are the most fit for control over this game, when we all knowthos game is dying. Not the best developers. Not active. Not good desicion makers. And certiantly not in the best position for authority.

4)Ban Hammar: Most of the players who play, or use to play, were banned/are banned. Most of them who are unbanned have left this game. After not being treated correctly. Some stayed. Some have moved on. A recent studies done for League Of Legends disagree with the Digital Paintball 2 ban system. League of Legends had something similar, which was removed. They dont believe in the punishnment system; they believe in the reforming system.

5)Clan Scene: Every games life is determined by its clan scene. The more active the clane/competitive scene, the more active the game. And of course the more PROLONGED life of the game

6)New Developers: Adding new developers and new people into an "open controlled" game allows for new creative and more interesting ideads to come forth. Obviously leads to more activity and PROLONGS players to stay, due to new patches/builds. Note: this game is not an open controlled game but an unconditional controll. An single enity believes he owns the game to his full right.

7)Copyright Issues: Most games dont have this issues. This game does. Copyright infringment.

8)Reality: The reality of this game is that its in poor hands. Its been abused. Its underestimated by its developers.

9)Game Bugs: Most games get it fixed. This game takes years to fix and implement.

10)Lack of players: The game has more Bots then users. Not enough Koreans or asians.

11)Lack of Information: Not enough easy accessiable information

12)Poor security: Game has poor security system

13)Sefless Committee: Baised. Predijuice. Unactive. Practically non exisitent.

14)Lack of Activity: Game has no events or activity

15)Unjustified bans: No information on to why or when someone did something. Why they are banned. Or the baised and predijuiced times of the bans. Note: connects to bans systems in a way

16)Unskilled players: Alot of unskilled players+ More trash talk=Less hype. Examples: Jeo. Shock. Jigz. Whaley. Chemical. Tony Montana. Myers. These players always get carried. Talk trash as if they were the garbageman. Driving a garbage truck doesnt help the game, nor does the garbage machanics in the game going to help you be the best.

17)Outdated Graphics: Self explanatory.

18)Outdated System: Out dated system that doesnt allow for better graphics

19)Development: Lacking. Barely. Non existent. Those are the words choosen for this area of work. The game barely gets new itens/stuff. Or anything in particular. When was the last time this game got something new? And im not talking aboht fixing bugs or anything along that. Note: Dont confuse this with Developers or New developers. This is soley on the quailty of development. The last time I remember anything new was PCDP mod or HR4 textutes.

20)Game=Mincraft

Thank you. This is not a guide on HOW to fixing the game; its a guide on the Problems with this game. Its for educational purposes so you can know what to do to fix the game.

•○●•○○••♧○◇●←●♧•♣◀◆◆○→←◀▼♣•♣◀→◀★☆↑←◀★•☆▶→○♧↑→★•♣▼☆◀♣•☆▶→♣○◀♣○♣•→◀♧º☆▶◆○♣◀←↑→↓♣□□♧↑♧■♧■♣◇★◀♣•☆◀◇→↑♣★◀☆◀♣○☆◀♣○☆↑◆●☆◀☆◀☆↑☆○●God Bless☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★★★★★★★★☆☆★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★♧♣♣♧♣♣♣♣♣•♧○◆●◇■○◆º♣♣•◇●○♧•♣○♧●◆♧○♣♣♧●◆○♣♣▲♣▼♣▶▶♧▼♣◀♣♧↑↑→←←←◀☆▶★▼★▼☆◀◆•♧▶→←○♣•☆▶☆○♣•♣

왜이 게임은 죽어가 고 이유 때문에이 게임은 죽어. 모든 우리가 호출 하 고 phyiscal 우주로 알고이 영역에서 죽는다. 이러한 인간의 창조 callled '불멸' 일 수 있다. 대부분 생물 알려진된 우주에 있는 실제로 어떤 시점에서 죽을 할. 그것의 생활의 원형 이라고. 생활 고 죽음입니다. 잉 고 양입니다. 진리와 거짓입니다. 과거 그리고 미래입니다.  그것은 실제로이 게임에 있는 대부분의 사람들이 파악 하 고 앞에 서 어려운 현실입니다. Certiantly 이해 하기 어려운 개념입니다. 우리 인간만 우리의 abilites 및 용량 많은 것을 할 수 있다. 우리가 할 수 있는 그리고/또한 시간 [/b] 연장. 하나는 성공에 대 한이 진리를 기대 해야 합니다. 이 게임은 깊은 뿌리와 역사 있다. 그것은 훌륭한 sarafices와 certianly 산악 양의 혈액과 시간에 넣어. 이 게임은 일부 사람들이 엄마 다음 이전 이다. 자신 조차 어떤 사람들입니다.   당신은 모든 궁금 합니다이 게시물에 대 한 무엇입니까? 일부 누가 궁금 합니다 내가 m. 우리 모두 알고이 대 한 누가 나
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:04:09 PM by Steve Jobs »

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
Re: Why DPB:2 is dead/dying
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:54:10 PM »
Lel Chemical isnt an unskilled player.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 02:29:22 AM »
왜이 게임은 죽어가 고 이유 때문에이 게임은 죽어. 모든 우리가 호출 하 고 phyiscal 우주로 알고이 영역에서 죽는다. 이러한 인간의 창조 callled '불멸' 일 수 있다. 대부분 생물 알려진된 우주에 있는 실제로 어떤 시점에서 죽을 할. 그것의 생활의 원형 이라고. 생활 고 죽음입니다. 잉 고 양입니다. 진리와 거짓입니다. 과거 그리고 미래입니다.  그것은 실제로이 게임에 있는 대부분의 사람들이 파악 하 고 앞에 서 어려운 현실입니다. Certiantly 이해 하기 어려운 개념입니다. 우리 인간만 우리의 abilites 및 용량 많은 것을 할 수 있다. 우리가 할 수 있는 그리고/또한 시간 [/b] 연장. 하나는 성공에 대 한이 진리를 기대 해야 합니다. 이 게임은 깊은 뿌리와 역사 있다. 그것은 훌륭한 sarafices와 certianly 산악 양의 혈액과 시간에 넣어. 이 게임은 일부 사람들이 엄마 다음 이전 이다. 자신 조차 어떤 사람들입니다.   당신은 모든 궁금 합니다이 게시물에 대 한 무엇입니까? 일부 누가 궁금 합니다 내가 m. 우리 모두 알고이 대 한 누가 나

You actually know well how to write in korean language (g.translate), some words/symbols doesn't fit.

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:35:54 AM »
I agree.

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
Today
49 Servers 32 players
I have 5 servers up on 2 VPS Boxes  ( 3 ready for matches at any time) that sit empty..
it would be cheaper for me to run a 40 player battlefield 4 server that would get traffic..

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:06:50 PM »
I don't see how you think MyeRs and CheMicaL get carried.

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 04:31:16 PM »
Yea man i dont see how chemical and myers get carried can you please explain

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 05:27:26 PM »
This post has some good points. It stays neutral, has a new forum account to remain anonymous and remove any bias towards who the person is - but then claims that trash talk is a fault, while throwing out specific names and joining in on the trash talk. Unskilled player etc.. is an opinion as there's no statistics to truly prove whos good/bad, therefore - the person creating this post joined in on the trash talk that ruins the game, making himself one of the flaws in the game.

Regardless, this games just been around for a long time and has run its course. The only way to actually maintain activity is a large overhaul/update, not mini ones that see the smallest of changes every 6 months. That's not going to happen. So enjoy the game till you get bored, and it'll slowly but surely keep going down in activity as it has for the last decade.

PS: Also, the comment on the committee shows how uninformed the person making this post is. The Committee was never implemented to help find cheaters and whatnot. Nor are they meant to post on forums. They help Jitspoe gain information on Multiple account etc.. bans by getting all the information they can (hence why languages spoken is a good indicator of some people previously chosen). The committee activity does not matter in the current state of this game. Like, at all.

Steve Jobs

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
Most of my intellectual arguments have been placed on the reason on basis. Those basis include studies done on different games. For example, League of Legends does not approve of toxic behaviour. Im sure Myers, you know that very well since you play League Of Legends. Talking trash promotes an toxic environment for the game and others who are in it. It promotes hatered. It promotes personal confliction. It ruins games and most importantly it ruins lifes. It can be on the same board as cyberbullying, which 99% of toxic activity is.

My questionable example of the committe is like an analogy: The committe are like lawyers, who pick out proof(Could be based, could not be) and submit it to the judge, who in this case is the 'artificial owner' of the game. But its not perfectly like the analogy since they vote for ban times. They have the capability to do justice or injustice.

As for my statement about unskilled players, I really did mean it. They are not the best. The do get carried. When was the last time they matched with "nonames" and won matchs? When was the last time they were positive in the match? Probably not often. As per the recent tournament, where Shockwave was carrying The game. I must give him credit that he is indeed above average, but he certainly not the best. Unless Shockwaves thinks MyeRs is better than him and cares to explain why so. Which I doubt he will say.

As for the activity of the committee members, you are right it doesnt matter at this point, but if this game was 10x active it would.

Understanding that this game is indeed going to die, I applaude for you. Since it was the first requirenment for understanding.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:16:24 PM by Steve Jobs »

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 07:07:53 PM »
첫 번째 문장 을 읽고 선수 를 판단 할 수있는 능력 을 볼 때 , 그것은 나를 바닥에 오줌 누는 동안 벽 에 원을 그리 할 수 있습니다.

이 문장 에서 중지 해야 하고 동일한 이었을 것입니다

(한 )

The reason why this game is dying is because this game is dying.

--

Oh and also, this is not that i doubt of your ability to understand the game but.. actually i doubt of your ability to understand the game. If you really think that a team depend on one player then you are wrong. Anyways, most of your points are right, you could literraly fact everythings on DP and add:" is why the game is dying " and it would work.

But i like the effort, and the presentation.

Which will give me the desire to put you on a 1 out of 10.

( I allow myself to judge you since you did it for me -: )

But yeah, the game is dead unfortunatly.

Shot out to every unskilled players he mentionned. WeDaWorst.

--

감사합니다, 안녕 , 좋은 하루
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:38:03 PM by TeMaRu »

Steve Jobs

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
Gibberish
Im absolutely disguested by this argument. Possibly the worst statement made in internet history. Sorry I take that back. There is probably a more worse statement. It makes zero sense. Its almost as if you didnt even read, saw your name, and posted just to bash me, without realizing that your intent to make yourself look smart and considerate; you're actualy making yourself look like a complete and absolute fool. Please dont type unless you read it all. As I stated before, Im not here for basied and/or predijuice. Im here for facts. The facts in the original post are indeed and will be compelling and constructive.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 05:41:54 AM »
and posted just to bash me

Between you & me,  i wonder who is the one posting just to bash the other. But I understand , you are frustraded so you felt the need of adding a nickname there and there for free while talking of the so famous " facts " that everyone is talking about the past ten years.

I'm talking non-sense and trying to look smart ? But just look at these sentences and you got these 2 points all in one.

This is not a guide on HOW to fixing the game

Its for educational purposes so you can know what to do to fix the game.

Don't worry, i'm not here to bash you, I just said and think that your understanding of the game is wrong, you assimilate a trashtalker with unskilled. Which is biased. ( just an exemple of many )

There is actually few people that still wants to believe in the futur of this game  (and i heard some project which sounded great in my ears ) and it wasnt about " giving educational advice "
but trying to do things for the game instead.

Anyways, good luck with your " why is dp dead ". And i hope it will let people know on why Digital paintball 2 is dead, but i'm pretty sure that every of the active players are already aware of that. ( I do not really feel the need of looking at this thread anymore, i thought you would be more constructive and had a better understanding, but i was wrong).

Good luck, and have a beautiful day my dear.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:35:21 AM by TeMaRu »

Davew_

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 06:04:10 AM »

6)New Developers: Adding new developers and new people into an "open controlled" game allows for new creative and more interesting ideas to come forth. Obviously leads to more activity and PROLONGS players to stay, due to new patches/builds. Note: this game is not an open controlled game but an unconditional control. An single entity believes he owns the game to his full right.

THIS:^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are at least 4 people I know that are forum members with real talent on here and can make additional items for this game and even the website in HOURS not months, or years, but hours if given the chance..
they are in irc working on scripts, and giving great ideas  yet their thoughts are going nowhere.

It is no longer worth my monthly cash to keep my 6 servers running with a dead game..
Back to battlefield 3, and 4, where at least we have some population

enjoy..

Steve Jobs

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »

I'm talking non-sense and trying to look smart ? But just look at these sentences and you got these 2 points all in one.

Once again, I have stated nothing wrong. Those two statements dont contradict. Both are completely correct. Ill explain this in a analogy: I stated the dieases, I didnt state the cures. I understand that sometimes stating whats wrong is some what like stating the solution, since all you have to do is "reverse" these problems. But you need to comprehend that its not exactly the same. Thats why I stated, all/most major [the] problems, with the game thats killing it. I didnt give the solution on how one should fix it. Thats why i said that I leave it to you(the Digital Lazerball 2 community) to find ways to fixing these problems. Have I made myself clear? Oh and also didint I say make a compelling and contructive comment? Good day.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
uhh guysss did you forget your manners

Hi Steve Jobs, welcome to the dp community :)

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
False.  Its dying because of thanks obama.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
simmer down tough guy Tuesday.

ps: thanks for thinking of me bb, shomi & chill?

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »
Guys, stop whingeing and play

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 10:27:29 PM »
Oh really? Well, when I joined this game back in 2008 some guys told me this game is going to die...when some raging guys talked to me in 2011 they said this game is going to die, when I was raging back in 2013/2014 I said this game is going to die...now that I'm banned for a bit over 1 year and check the forums the first post I see is "Reasons why Paintball is going to die", funny isnt it?
This game is worse than your ex I can tell you that...it is NOT going to die dude! :P

Steve Jobs

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »
Oh really? Well, when I joined this game back in 2008 some guys told me this game is going to die...when some raging guys talked to me in 2011 they said this game is going to die, when I was raging back in 2013/2014 I said this game is going to die...now that I'm banned for a bit over 1 year and check the forums the first post I see is "Reasons why Paintball is going to die", funny isnt it?
This game is worse than your ex I can tell you that...it is NOT going to die dude! :P
Not sure if this is a troll post or not.

If you're serious, you should consider editing your post and deleting everything. Come back to this thread once you have a proper constructive argument. Here is an proper and constructive reply to your brain damaging statement: from 2008-2011 there has been an consistent decrease in game size. From 2011-2015 game size has been significantly less game activity when comparing to 2008-2011. That said, this game, like every single thing in this universe, has a time period, and generaly speaking has been dying/downhill since its climax. Now coupe this or leave.