Author Topic: "PBLeague": General topic  (Read 4164 times)

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
Re: "PBLeague": General topic
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
Why not do 2 maps a week. 1 NA 1 EU if it's NA vs EU and 2 EU serv if it's EU vs EU. Makes it more fair/motivating imo. So teams can either go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
ic3y, thank you for all of the work you are doing to organize this league. You're helping to make the game and its community better. I hope it is a success.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »
i agree with shk, There's really no point in making it a 1 map match, i'd like to participate in this tourney so if you'd make it a 2 map process then i'd be willing to play; forcing us to play on EU every tourney isn't gonna help NA:D

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:58:13 AM »
Why not do 2 maps a week. 1 NA 1 EU if it's NA vs EU and 2 EU serv if it's EU vs EU. Makes it more fair/motivating imo. So teams can either go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2.
i agree with shk, There's really no point in making it a 1 map match, i'd like to participate in this tourney so if you'd make it a 2 map process then i'd be willing to play; forcing us to play on EU every tourney isn't gonna help NA:D
When you are the home team, you can say you want to play on a NA server. That would be every second week. And if you play on an eu server, you would play in the second round on a NA server.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 06:02:03 AM »
forcing us to play on EU

Well did you read the rules? :o

play on EU every tourney isn't gonna help NA:D

Just no >.<

Every of the last tournament's owner suggested something to make it that NA teams have a 50% chance to play on NA if there would have been any NA teams participating.

So i'm not sure what are you talking about because we did though about NA.

Also it's a league, not a tournament. So you don't need to WIN/LOOSE every of your matches but you can also tie them.

For me, 1 map a week would be a good format so you don't have to spend that much time and will be forced to play a map from the maplist every week instead of picking your homemap everytime.

But i understand, one map isnt much to play for a whole week .

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
fair enough, i probably won't participate then. :D

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:24 AM »
Come on the lengendary Chemical, from the famous trio which has been leading the NA scene for so long, im pretty sure you can find free time for one map a week ;o 

Fluk3

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
Is there a set date for this?

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »
I protest the fact that prolandr, carpathian and pbcup_renoir aren't on the maplist. I really don't understand why these great maps that are played on a daily basis aren't on it. They are not too big, even carpathian is fine for 2s as many of the same tactics apply it only has 2 paths, just like pforest! Good maps make this game enjoyable. Please add them, I'm sure there is a general support for these maps to be added.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »

??????????

Why? They literally are giving you the 1 map NA 1 map EU, just in different format. With a bo1 each week to faciliate time constraints, you get your 1 map EU week 1, and 1 map NA week 2. Every week you alternate. If you have 10 games of the league, you will have played 5 on NA and 5 EU. I assume in playoffs it will become best-of series which will lead to 1 map each. But for season this is a good set up, just a bit of luck can come into it (top NA vs top EU may be decided by whoever gets home team).

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »
I protest the fact that prolandr, carpathian and pbcup_renoir aren't on the maplist. I really don't understand why these great maps that are played on a daily basis aren't on it. They are not too big, even carpathian is fine for 2s as many of the same tactics apply it only has 2 paths, just like pforest! Good maps make this game enjoyable. Please add them, I'm sure there is a general support for these maps to be added.
You should check the active thread part in the first post. There is another map poll. Its closed now, but you you could vote for prolandr, ...

Why? They literally are giving you the 1 map NA 1 map EU, just in different format. With a bo1 each week to faciliate time constraints, you get your 1 map EU week 1, and 1 map NA week 2. Every week you alternate. If you have 10 games of the league, you will have played 5 on NA and 5 EU. I assume in playoffs it will become best-of series which will lead to 1 map each. But for season this is a good set up, just a bit of luck can come into it (top NA vs top EU may be decided by whoever gets home team).
Modified the system a bit, but thats correct.
Double Post
---------------------------------------------------------
We will change the format to another one. Alot of people complained about the length. And I think they are right, Now you will play two maps each week against one team.

If you win both maps, you will get 3 points, if you tie, you get one point, and if you lose both maps, you get 0 points. The "home" team has to play the first map on their favourite server, the "away" team plays the second map on their favourite server.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 05:01:47 AM »
Double Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The final team are:

.c2o| - Boyka, JeongWa.
>?< - FsTyLe , sHoCk
#team_cryptic .cRp^ - Kolleg@h, Zenit
#team>Streak - kui, Fyrk
Team_og - TiiMo, Extrawelt
Sonderbar - picky, Rockitude
Stay In Line .sTay<  - btQ, veQ
What The____? - CheMiCaL, Shk
Team .oXz. - Streem, Sadlair
The Cereal Killers - Gooky, FE4R
Chamkos - champagne & makos
Underrated - shockk and jigz
Pink Fluffy Unicorns - JaNo & XiCo
[ThC] - Senix & Peppah
#sPec# - Flukey & JMR
Team EE - prozajik, Sqz
Psycho Ballers [ b ] - Minerva, Conca
kA - oesi, panofolix
[PBLC] PBLeague Champions - MisSioN, Myers
Team frag - Navyseal, flamer

The next days I will set the leagues and define the first matches and maps. I try to finish everything until Sunday.