Author Topic: New mini DJ - Italy  (Read 4448 times)

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
New mini DJ - Italy
« on: March 08, 2016, 04:56:11 AM »

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: New mini DJ - Italy
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:48:14 PM »
M'okay, not sure why you call this new tho, because alot of people do those kind of jumps with a script, but good job ranger, here is your snickers [==], and you got it just because you made a double jump.

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »
^ this is funny

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:01:01 PM »
Jeong, You don't need to be negative all the time.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:47:15 AM »
M'okay, not sure why you call this new tho, because alot of people do those kind of jumps with a script, but good job ranger, here is your snickers [==], and you got it just because you made a double jump.

I play Italy quite often and I have never seen anyone to use this way.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »
Nice ranger, I never thought about this dj. I tried it myself and found an easier and faster way to get to the roof.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:37 AM »
Here are some easy jumps I use on a daily basis to get v high kdr on italy.
http://banterous.co.uk/demo/1296

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
Jeong, You don't need to be negative all the time.

You funny budd.

It was a friendly taunt, and Ranger knows it. I hope ;o (or atleast now he does )

And i'll keep taunting who ever claims anything with a double-jump script, (i oftenly blame my own mates when they do )

I don't like those jumps, they denatures the jumping possibilities and for me it's the same as cheating (and they are not impressive) imo.

The one from rockitude looks way more impressive and feels like he did achieved something instead of just pressing one button which will simulate the fact that you pressed it twice..

Anyways, nothing personal, I just dislike what ever feels un-human and gives an advantage on this game

I play Italy quite often and I have never seen anyone to use this way.

But yeah, thats true and now we will see alot of scripters doing that and i hate it ;3

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
I don't like those jumps, they denatures the jumping possibilities and for me it's the same as cheating (and they are not impressive) imo.

Anyways, nothing personal, I just dislike what ever feels un-human and gives an advantage on this game

But yeah, thats true and now we will see alot of scripters doing that and i hate it ;3

DJ scripts WERE just reliable ways of doing double jumps back when people had bad keyboards/computers etc.. making it nearly impossible. Once you get used to it, its hard to change. Hence why its legal. Also, it gave no benefit with old physics other than allowing people to double jump. Yet, DJ'ing while strafing still required actual double jumping to be efficient.

The new physics changed this. For whatever reason, you can DJ the smallest of things that were not previously possible ONLY with the DJ script. This was an error of new physics, not the script itself. The script was a tool to help people, but someone who could DJ without it could often make harder DJ's / more consistent / get more speed. Sadly, new physics made it the opposite to the point its more beneficial to have a DJ script.

I don't think you can call it cheating, though. That's just silly. It's not some new exploit. It's a long used things due to the game being so old, that didn't convert well with new physics.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
did anyone of you know the sj from blue side on italy? failed first 2 trys on the demo^^ sorry

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
did anyone of you know the sj from blue side on italy?

Yea, it is the standard way on the Q2Race server.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 04:25:28 AM »
I have a jump challenge.. I want to know if this jump is possible:
http://uloz.to/xbJLVB43/ranger-challenge2-dm2

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 09:59:17 AM »
I have a jump challenge.. I want to know if this jump is possible:
http://uloz.to/xbJLVB43/ranger-challenge2-dm2

Like this? I took a slightly different path as the one you suggested, but with the same result. My movements don't look very smooth, my hand was really cold.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 03:13:45 AM »
Great :D