Author Topic: How to get DP active  (Read 4492 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
How to get DP active
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
Considering in the past decade DP's never had more than like 100-200 people on at a time, a good way to easily match that is if someone donates to a top-streamer recommending this game.

I've seen Tyler1 jump around game to game (and some games have been AWFUL) -- and he gets hundreds of stream snipers, since he has like 12k consistent viewers.

If people convince a few bigger-streamers to try the game, who knows, may catch a few of their viewers sticking around. At least there'd be a temporary surge of players, and a lot of streamers are open to try new games for fun on stream (especially if that is a free 3min download of a game...). I've seen way worse games played that viewers donated for.

I haven't redownloaded DP in years, but are HR4's default on download? Cause that's probably something necesary if anyone will stick around

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: How to get DP active
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:19:51 AM »
I really like the idea to recommend this game to popular streamers by donations. But similar suggestions (for example trying to reach bigger youtubers/let's players) have been around for couple of months now, sadly nothing happened yet. I think it's quite difficult to draw their attention to this game tho, since there are probably a lot of game-suggestions. Not sure tho, I think it would be worth a try.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:00:53 AM »
Are you sure you wanna recommend this game to autistic retarded braindead person??? He would've quit the game as soon as someone would've flew over his head and killed him. I'm watching his stream just to laught on that, how stupid he is, so he can make my day. He is imbecile and he would probably talk trash about this game.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »
^at this point any publicity is good publicity

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 06:59:58 PM »
Are you sure you wanna recommend this game to autistic retarded braindead person??? He would've quit the game as soon as someone would've flew over his head and killed him. I'm watching his stream just to laught on that, how stupid he is, so he can make my day. He is imbecile and he would probably talk trash about this game.

The point isn't getting Tyler1 to play - he doesn't stick to any game. He plays a game for a few weeks, and then moves to a new. Keeps it entertaining for his fan base. The point is the hundreds of people who follow him to EVERY game he plays. And those are 60$ paid games. A free 5min download game? Guaranteed people follow. All we need is, out of the 500 that try to snipe his games, 20 people stick around.

If a few people are willing to donate some cash here and there, it's easy to do. Other streamers do the same. Even saying "Donate 10$ - 'Hey 'streamer' would you be able to try Digital Paintball on stream? www.dplogin.com - its a game I helped develop!"  ---> You just probably caused 10+ curious people to check even without the streamer playing. Not to mention, 10$ is cheaper than buying adspace, and everyone has ad block - this is literally the most efficient way of attracting the target audience to the game.

That being said, Jitspoe needs to do some changes to the game before this makes sense.
1) Revert scoreboard === Seriously? People will be confused as intercourse, it looks so messy.
2) (busy rn, will add a small list of QUICK changes that improve the quality of life for new players)
3) Make an official thread/post about what a MATCH/CLAN BATTLE is. People only know "my map, your map, tie map - bo3, random selection of agreeing on tie maps" because of history of others. It's not the same in every game. Make this officially finally so new players can figure excrement out.

Also, servers need to ensure equal settings are on each map etc.. and maybe try to get a variety of modes in.

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 06:29:21 PM »
Start with unbaning juic3.

Spawn

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 08:52:21 AM »
Does no one here stream games themselves? Myers why don't you start to when you play or sqz. Ill play more if we start doing that, and im sure i can get more members from ThC to play

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »
3) Make an official thread/post about what a MATCH/CLAN BATTLE is. People only know "my map, your map, tie map - bo3, random selection of agreeing on tie maps" because of history of others. It's not the same in every game. Make this officially finally so new players can figure excrement out.
If you (or someone else) make a thread in the Clans, Matches and Tournaments board for discussion of these rules I'm happy to sticky it and then split/lock the thread once discussion is complete.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »
Does no one here stream games themselves? Myers why don't you start to when you play or sqz. Ill play more if we start doing that, and im sure i can get more members from ThC to play

I can stream like every game EXCEPT DP, for whatever, streaming this game makes it too laggy, and quality on stream never comes out well.

Either way, nobody is going to watch DP streams other than the odd DP player. And I don't have the time to stream other games to try to gain a following.

Also, doesn't seem like Jitspoe is around much, so can't imagine it's worth coming back to a game that will not be updated regularly/ever. He's got other stuff going on and doesn't have time for his side hobby much anymore. Too hard to compete with other games nowadays. Thats why the only way to get a surge would be getting a big streamer to try the game on stream, so all his viewers jump in too.