Author Topic: Docker image  (Read 1508 times)

your teammate

• PGP
Docker image
« on: September 29, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »
Hi,
I wanted to learn some Docker so I created a docker image for hosting a server, you can get it here: https://hub.docker.com/r/nukla/paintball2

You can either start a completely fresh server with no previous configuration or provide your own pball/ directory. Basic instructions on how to start the server are included in the readme, some docker experience might be useful. Please backup your pball/ directory before trying it out because the image might be doing weird things and accidentally overwrite it.
The server doesn't see the IP address of the clients, so IP banning probably doesn't work, not sure if this is fixable in docker.
The "code" for building the image yourself is here: https://gitlab.com/nukla/paintball2-docker
You can also pass your own arguments to the paintball2 binary, I just didn't document it yet

Maybe it's useful for someone out there

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Docker image
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:24:49 AM »
Nice!  Never messed with docker myself, but I know a lot of people find it useful.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 09:34:42 PM »
Hi!
Nice work,
It's probably a little too late, but you can use the --net=host flag to make the container use host's network namespace - it should make your container(s) able to get the real IPs.

your teammate

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:46:24 AM »
Finally updated it to build 45

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 07:01:00 PM »
Cool contribution! Sounds like a good use case for docker and so I hope to use it any time soon to get some first experience with it myself.

your teammate

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 01:45:01 PM »
Updated the image to build 46