Author Topic: wallhack caught on tape  (Read 19081 times)

Xile

• VM-68
Re: wallhack caught on tape
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2004, 11:47:14 PM »
I totally agree with you on the gameplay issue blitz. I dont think anything should be changed. People are asking for more realistic things. The fact of the matter is this is not (and never was) a simulation of the game paintball. It is quake2 style, which is arcadish, extremely fast paced, and fun. If they want a "Realistic" mod they can go play digitalpaintball(eeek), even though i hate it. The only things that really need to be worked on is all the fixes. Make it so we can jump on the X at the bottom of shazam with the alpha. and fix the hitboxes to fit the models or vise versa. And i like the new menus and stuff, but i think jit has led off that this is a paintball game, its all futuristic like now. Kinda takes away from the feel of a paintball game (sorry jits its nice, but it truely does take away from the feel of paintball and SPLAT AND PAINT!)

What i do not agree with you on is the contrast and visual ability to recognize players. Is your alpha settings calibrated? You do know theres a spot to calibrate the settings right? The colors on quake2 are very bland, which makes the players blend even more. So could you show some sshots maybe of the comparison for us. I dont have any trouble recognizing teams from a distance. Nor, do anyone else i know. Maybe you need glasses =]

Also, i still know some people who can complete jump maps fine using the alpha. So it cant be that bad.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2004, 11:53:05 PM »

Side by side comparison.  New skins are brighter.  I agree with you about the ducking, though, but that's a problem even with the original q2 model.  I plan on making a new model to fix that.

And don't worry, I'm not going to remove the arcade style gameplay if I do the "realistic" mode.  It would just be an alternative gameplay style.

BTW, I'd really like it if those of you who prefer the q2 client could post some side by side sshots comparing q2 to the new version and state what exactly it is you like better.  I'm not putting all this time and effort into this to make it suck.  I want to make it better for everyone.

Blue

• PGP
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2004, 07:39:05 AM »
those are some ugly sneakers   :D

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2004, 09:36:27 AM »
Thats the problem jit, people whine about stuff behind the lines, and dont speak out. So its there own fault if the game isnt the way theyd like it to be.

acid

• PGP
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2004, 10:15:42 AM »
i love you all

MuTiL8ToR

• PGP
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2004, 01:15:20 PM »
I Love Q2 beacuse i've been playing it for years...  I also love the new standalone that Jit is working on..  Alpha 8 is very nice with the exception of the funname alteration... It is ugly, does NOT work correctly, and is of NO Comparison to the more colorful and easy to use previous funname maker...  The older version looks much nicer and is feeindly with all versions of Q2 and the standalone until 7 and 8 were created.  changing it makes no sense to me at all as it inconvienances EVERYONE who has been using color binds and colored funnames for the many years that we have.

I respect your desire to try new things but PLEASE change it back to the old way... Take a vote on it if you have to but please!!

Lastly could you guys PLEASE start a NEW THREAD for this subject as it has nothing at all to do with my wonderful hacking ability.

Hugs n Paint Splats to you ALL!! :P

MuTiL8ToR :)

acid

• PGP
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
Jitspoe dont listen to these homos, I think you are doing a super job, no one has come close to giving dp life again like you have. mut as for the names...obviously you dont use the alpha nore have i ever seen your name with out all the rainbow colors. I love you jitspoe, you are doing a great job!

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2004, 01:58:25 PM »
1. The funnames have all the same charachters as the old one did. Minus some that were never used in the first place. Obviously you dont know how to access the fun name maker menu. The only reason why it looks fubared on the old versions is because they are repositioned and alot of new stuff was added.
Type: menu setup_funname in the console.

2. They are only messed up on the scoreboard.
3. The new fonts look so much better.
and is of NO Comparison to the more colorful and easy to use previous funname maker...

4. There are 256 colors to choose from. Not just 2. Which makes it  MORE COLORFUL
5. If you think they are retarted because they look way to big. You didnt take the time to read the readme file and learn about the hudscaling.
easy to use previous funname maker...
The new one is actually just as easy.

Next time please, get hard evidence to back up your theorys. Thank you.
/me slaps you in the nipple five times in a row.

~ END OF TOPIC ~
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 02:06:28 PM by Xile »

acid

• PGP
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2004, 04:03:07 PM »
so whos going to make a dp league?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2004, 05:08:51 PM »
Didn't he just say...

~ END OF TOPIC ~

that means stop posting...

:P

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2004, 11:02:38 PM »
In response to Blitz, whether you use the q2 version because you prefer it over the the standalone due to familiarity purposes is... cool.  The point is verion checking should be in place solely becasue of frkq2. I had only heard speculation about frkq2 untill recently when i saw the horridness first hand. Its sickening how easy it is to install and use. At least the old wallhack made you lag and had some other disadvantages. Frkq2 is flawless and it includes a myriad of hacks besides the wallhack, all which work flawlessly. This is a huge problem and i wouldnt be suprised if more than 50% of the q2 users use frkq2. So hopefully server admins will soon invoke such changes.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2004, 07:19:26 AM »
The wallhack portion of FRKQ2 does not work flawlessly with the highest level (type 2) of NoCheat Server.

mr_slacker

• PGP
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2004, 02:52:53 PM »
You know what i do believe if the servers were set to only allow client 7 or above and there was no possible way of hacking in it you guys would find something else to female dog about?????
( ever heard the expression you would female dog if your icecream was cold??????)

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2004, 07:49:24 AM »
"changing it makes no sense to me at all as it inconvienances EVERYONE who has been using color binds and colored funnames for the many years that we have. " Its an inconvience to see that crap flying around the screen!

"HEADS UP IM 5!!"

"WARNING I LIKE SHINEY OBJECTS"

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2005, 09:03:01 PM »
Just thought I'd try to bring this one back... cause I like to see Mut get all bent out of shape and I'm ornery...  8)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »
LOL Funny!

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2005, 01:49:17 PM »
RAFFLECUPS

`cid

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2005, 01:51:42 PM »
haha good times...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2005, 03:00:48 PM »
The wallhack portion of FRKQ2 does not work flawlessly with the highest level (type 2) of NoCheat Server.
Unfortunately that takes away footstep sounds which ruin half the strategy.  Not to mention the problems with people disappearing in windows and spontaneously appearing around corners.  Personally I'd rather have a couple wallhackers once in a while than having to deal with that all the time.

As for annoying chat colors -- what do you say I add an option in the next version to strip out color codes in text and/or names? :)  Also, an ignore option is planned...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2005, 05:01:11 PM »
 :'(  
There is  a GOD !!!!!!!!!!

:)