Author Topic: Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)  (Read 11695 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »
No date planned.

I see. I meant to ask you this when we talked the other night. Not even an estimated guess on the release in terms of weeks or months?

*kicks rocks and waits.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:58 PM »
Lol. So impatient, Loial? You're gonna need a lot of rocks.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
Naw I will use the same rock. Thats they way I roll.
rock roll....never mind.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 12:07:47 AM »
Lol @ loial. You'd better be good at finding rocks, then.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
I keep hitting snags in my plans, so it's difficult to predict how long it's going to take.  Plus I have a bunch of stuff going on in Real Life (tm), so I don't know how much time I'm going to have to work on it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »
Real Life? WHAT!! This is not real? Oh man i better find this "real life" soon or I will end up like......jobless morons that make this game less and less fun. 

Good luck at work and dpcon. Those that care, really are excited about the release.

Thanks for the hard work.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
I don't really see the point to be honest in this whole Global login. Sure it stops name spoofing, and we can even add sweet medals and score tracking etc. But why? Why are you so worried about someone using your name, who cares. People will know its not you

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 12:03:09 AM »
because people in this game are crazy on pubs, and others are anal on pubs, and the game needs pubs to have a decent community that doesn't hate everyone and claim eachother cheats maybe?

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
Seriously the only people that want this global login system are pub-craving newbies, and loial. Like SkateR said, who cares if somebody impersonates you. If they are sucking people will know it's not you and if they are dominating then does it really matter? It's not like they're making you look bad if they are playing well.

For people like me, and 90% of the clanning community does not play public servers, and if they do they usually use an alias. So really, this global login system is pretty useless for 90% of the DP community (the ones that matter -- irc clanners). Only other people are the ones that play pub only, then the 10% of clanning pubbers.

I do not care about stats as I use a different alias everytime I play pub anyways. I do not care about being impersonated, not like anybody would want to impersonate an idiot like me anyways. Focus on improvements to DP that will help the gameplay, and not this Global Login System that seems to be giving you troubles anyways (if I have read some posts correctly)

I think the majority would agree with me here.

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
I totally agree with Lunatic, it would basically be a useless addition to the game seeing how only pubbing newbies want it and they change their names weekly.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »
If the global login is implimented, Im most likely going to quit dp. not everyone wants to use their name. I personally like to just play under my clan tag. Loial seems to be the only person so worried about this.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »
Yeah and seriously, does anybody care about loial's opinion?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »
I think it would be more useful for stat tracking than anti-spoofing.

EDIT: I don't.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »
I look forward to GBL Logins.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
Why? so you can play pub with your real name. Most decent players dont even play pub, mainly matches.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:23:19 PM »
I know that, but all the "good" players usually play under different alias' when they actually play pub, which is just about never. So the stats would be for those kids that play ONLY pubs, and also change their names all the time. We want to broaden the clan community imo.

Just input an mIRC.exe when you download pball with a readme for how to install it and integrate yourself in the DP community. That would be the best thing for the next build.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
Pub's still need to be part of the game though, without pubs nobody new would play. And they're fun for goofing off without a care of the score.

mirc isn't GPL. xchat ftw.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
I know that, but all the "good" players usually play under different alias' when they actually play pub, which is just about never. So the stats would be for those kids that play ONLY pubs, and also change their names all the time. We want to broaden the clan community imo.
I really don't get what you're trying to say here.

Just input an mIRC.exe when you download pball with a readme for how to install it and integrate yourself in the DP community. That would be the best thing for the next build.
I'm pretty sure we couldn't legally do that. ;)

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »
Seriously the only people that want this global login system are pub-craving newbies, and loial. Like SkateR said, who cares if somebody impersonates you. If they are sucking people will know it's not you and if they are dominating then does it really matter? It's not like they're making you look bad if they are playing well.

For people like me, and 90% of the clanning community does not play public servers, and if they do they usually use an alias. So really, this global login system is pretty useless for 90% of the DP community (the ones that matter -- irc clanners). Only other people are the ones that play pub only, then the 10% of clanning pubbers.

I do not care about stats as I use a different alias everytime I play pub anyways. I do not care about being impersonated, not like anybody would want to impersonate an idiot like me anyways. Focus on improvements to DP that will help the gameplay, and not this Global Login System that seems to be giving you troubles anyways (if I have read some posts correctly)

I think the majority would agree with me here.
That's what I was trying to say.

I'm pretty sure we couldn't legally do that. ;)
Everything is legal if you want it to be.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 05:15:05 PM »
Oh, and for the love of god why must we have these new rules? Take out guntemp and those capping rules. Please. Notice no match servers have these new rules? I wonder why..