Author Topic: Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)  (Read 11697 times)

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2006, 11:58:17 PM »
For the record, when I am in public servers I rarely every say one word. Let alone make fun of "newbies". I just think there is so many new people in there that it's a joke even bothering to play in them. With most of the good players never playing pub, they are really lame and there is hardly any competition. It's retarded. I fon't care about stats or my name being "spoofed" so what is my reason for being pro-global login system? So I can see who I am REALLY playing against? Whoopdimeddlingdoo.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 01:27:09 AM »
Loial, I read about twenty words and there was already a puddle of drool on my desk due to the fact that it is almost impossible to read your so called post.

Actually, I found Loial's post quite readable, a lot more than this:
OMGZ SOMEONE WILL SPEWF MI GEWD NAME.

And besides that, Jitspoe, would you mind splitting this topic?  It is called "Implementation Discussion", and the last 2 pages are far from it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2006, 01:51:19 AM »
yes i mind, beacuse i like to make fun of NEWBIES like you. i have no idea why you think people care about what you have to say or what you think should be done.
'Moooo'   ::) 

afortier

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2006, 06:42:05 AM »
I think you're thinking of Quake2: Source.  Q2E isn't using my code (or not much of it if they are).

In other news, I have the urge to punch some GNU programmers in the face because of their poor windows support, dependency hell, and bloated libraries.  Try getting libcurl compiled with gnutls, I dare you.  I think I may just throw the concept of secure logins out the window and settle for something basic.

How in the hell did you do reflective water?

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2006, 01:24:41 PM »
I didn't vote at all and I rarely check the forums. But lun and I and many others talk about this on mIRC and we all agree with eachother. I'm on luns side not eR33ts btw just in case you dont understand that loial.

We talk about this on mIRC and most of us agree on the same thing. If you would like to participate in this conversation please feel welcome to join us on #team_i otherwise stop assuming. I really don't care I usually use my real name anyways and I play pub maybe once a month not even that and it's not any fun. No good players ever play pub so I go like 50-9 everytime I play so there is no fun in that. I don't care about people stealing my name too cause well people know me so they will be able to tell and most people know I basically never talk in game unless someone says something to me.

EDIT: oh and once stats take effect, people will play even more lame than they already do so it will be even less fun then it already it is.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 11:08:29 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:33:28 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2006, 11:46:40 PM »
I wanted avoid giving taco credit for using his name in pubs more often than not. Unless I have rcon to every server in public (which I dont) how would I know he is not using other names? I know you say big deal. But this is very helpful when trying to admin servers and keeping it lamer free. How many of those oppose host a 'paid' for server? Now how many use 'paid' for servers to match? 

Yes there are more problems than spoofing in puiblic. Do you really care? If so, cheating is first but along side it is greifing. Like Jitspoe said using this tool (which it is) will by design lesson both.

Remember map lists and server settings can be changed, bad players cant.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »
Uh.. what?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »
This is because there are many, many deeper problems with public servers than people spoofing names.
What do you consider to be the deepest problem with playing on pub servers?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:33:24 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2006, 02:23:45 PM »
Agreed with #1. By 1# being fixed, i´d say #2 is also half-way fixed because the "more-skilled" players which are sick of playing most of those "boring" maps, will begin to play more. Suggestions for a #3?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »
Global logins could help with the newbies because we could break the servers into skill groups, that way new players won't be getting raped, and skilled players won't have that idiot who can't figure iis way out of the base on their team.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »
Jitspoe did you use spell check?

I think it is stupid to break servers up. There are few servers that are used, GT, and cable servers. No point in doing that. If you were to make it where we log in with a name I.E "Skater" then allow us to make our name whatever, that is completely fine. Like type players in console and it shows who the person is either aliased or not.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
Jitspoe did you use spell check?

I think it is stupid to break servers up. There are few servers that are used, GT, and cable servers. No point in doing that. If you were to make it where we log in with a name I.E "Skater" then allow us to make our name whatever, that is completely fine. Like type players in console and it shows who the person is either aliased or not.
I think that makes lots of sense, nice idea skater. If i were to log-in under the name FyreStorm, then use whatever name I wanted, that would be pretty cool. And my stats would reflect FyreStorm, no matter what alias I used in the servers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2006, 04:41:12 PM »
Why would you need to change your name?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2006, 04:59:50 PM »
Because Im sure not everyone wants to use their name eveyrtime they want to play

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »
Only reason I wouldn't use my real name is if I don't like people in the server and I know they will be annoying (haze for example, most annoying player in dp) but I think SkateR's idea was pretty good.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »
Does this mean I can't play for other clans?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2006, 07:02:46 PM »
=[ hope not

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2006, 10:46:09 PM »
Jitspoe asked a direct question. For the first time I have seen a legitimate responce, Boomer's.

Boomer,
Respectfuly that is why we have server rules, to stop that kind of behavior. As luck would have it there are no 24 hour admins. But with one single screen shot from player who cares, the admins will have an easier time dealing with such problems.

Now I know you and others might say to your self "I dont trust the admins to be fair or even care" Let me ask this...Do you care? Yes or No? I ask that because you made a good point on why sometimes you might need to change your name.

Skeets,
No offense but...
Because Im sure not everyone wants to use their name eveyrtime they want to play
1.Why is that? I think that is what Jitspoe is asking,
2. Does not a player have to use a name to play? Logically speaking that name would belong to the player that is using it under the global login. Right? Guess what name that is? Its whatever you decided it to be, unless it has been taken.

Thats the beauty of the login. Your player name is for you only. Use it and be proud of it.   

Taco,
Anyone can suggest maps for pubs and matches on GT or EV1 Loial to be put on rotation here at the forums. You have not made any direct suggestions to anyone here as to what maplist you would like to see, match servers or otherwise. So will you post a maplist suggestion, please?

How can a newb be a problem to you or anyone? Unless they are cheating etc etc.

Also something I was thinking about that you might be able to help with. Given that you know alot about this.

Is this a fact? ...
"Less new players and more IRC clanners are guilty of cheating etc etc." ....Just curious. Yes? No?

MOOOOO!

I am not discrediting anything said, simply suggesting a better way to handle Boomer's and Taco's concerns.

See Boomer I can post with out flames. To bad its a freaking book, sorry forum readers. :(