Author Topic: Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)  (Read 11696 times)

BooMeR

• VM-68
Re: Global Login System (Whines and Gripes)
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2006, 11:53:02 PM »
Well I respect you for not flaming on anyone and I actually read it all the way through this time :)

Well I would say I care enough but I don't play pub very much but yeah I would e-mail admins a screenshots if I had one. I trust them enough to do something cause I think all the admins have seen how haze acts.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2006, 12:40:09 AM »
HaZe will just kill yo' momma.

However, you cannot deny haze's steroid rages being the single greatest thing of all time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2006, 03:26:21 AM »
Well, here's food for thought: global logins could potentially allow you to perm-ignore certain players so you'd never have to read their garbage again.  It's also possible to register more than one name.  I currently have it set up so you can register 3 names.  I think that's enough to cover what most people use.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2006, 04:00:38 AM »
Lets not focus on Haze. Haze is a pup, in a literal sense. I play with him often in public. He likes to play fetch the flag. Haze also sits and stays when told. More on subject is this, he uses one name in public more often than some.

Besides he knows he is being watched, in public if any GT admin is around. Remember the admins are not around 24/7. Having a global login without *edited* unlimited name changing will help admins as stated earlier and players will be able to send proof with out chance of any spoofing.

Let us focus instead on the twisted duality of name changing instead. Or I can shut up and go to sleep. I pick sleep and quiet.

*Edit grrr to Jitlits posting over me.  :)

I belive three is plenty really one should suffice. In either case for the players and admins alike this is so much easier to keep track of then an unlimited supply of names and useless screen shots of dper's behaving badly.     

SLEEP GOOOOD!!!

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2006, 06:01:32 AM »
I currently have it set up so you can register 3 names. I think that's enough to cover what most people use.
You´re talking about 3 accounts per computer and their nicks cant be changed, right jitspoe?! I´d be fine with that.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2006, 06:25:43 AM »
I think it's 1 account with 3 different names registered.

e.g. Account name: Skater - Registered names: SkateR, RetakS, Vinne

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »
Can you add pre/suffixes for clans. So you don't have to register as, for example: -ch1ll-Lunatic? I can just register as Lunatic and add whatever clan tag I have to?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »
You will register Lunatic.  One of the leaders will need to register ch1ll and add you to the clan, then you can use -ch1ll-Lunatic.  It will automatically detect the clan tag, -ch1ll-, and verify that you're a member of the clan.  Otherwise you won't be able to use the tag.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2006, 04:07:13 PM »
Okay thanks.

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »
That sounds like a good idea. I guess the global login won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2006, 07:06:23 PM »
Wee!!!! Global Login!!