Author Topic: Double Jump  (Read 12868 times)

F3AR

• VM-68
Re: Double Jump
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
Yea, I've lost plenty of matches due to the simple fact that the other team are just better jumpers, As an example, yesterday we matched ap3x on shaz33, I went negative 2, S1ck went positive 15-20. We had more kills then them, nearly double their kills for awhile, they beat us 49-50 because they had 4 caps and we had 3.

Thats why I prefer Elim games :D

As for jumping, just keep trying at it, god knows it took me forever and I still get baffled at jumps I see people do...

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »
For the love of Sheba, use the search button!

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »
rofl nice way to put that buggy

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 09:09:37 PM »
First of all I would like to do this *Squish  ;D

Fear that is why I posted this to new players and ones like my self who can q2 rail dance good enough to compeat not good enough to super-jump. Dont get me wrong I can keep up as far as flat out speed goes on any map, but once that one double jump is made that I cant, this is played for me via Jitspoe's great taste in sound files through my speakers "game over man game over" Very frustrating.

As q2 lover I find that not being able to double-jumping very frustrating at times and think this is one reason why some quit or start cheating. Having people leave the game or start cheating because of this should concern people that care. No one should ever be turned off by CTF matching because they cant double jump.

Even more concerning and sad to see is that more and more of Pb's younger and newer players in the past 2 years have been taught to think its ok to have cheats installed for any reason. The most common scape-goat is they need it to catch wall hacks.

What? Comon. Logic dictates that this should only be done by those whom hold no intrest in the outcome of a match. Which is an almost impossible criteria to meet. Given the hostility, mistrust, outright disrespect and total lack of good sportsmanship when dealing with the match clan scene in today PB. The forums hackusations are a good example of this.

Also important to note that besides Boomer and several of you that I dont know. I can name at least on one hand several recent active members of this forum that condone cheats in private. Have been caught cheating. Or, worse than this they pass these hacks out like its some badge of pride. Dorks.

New players and ignorant jumpers please remember. If you try hard enough there is always a way to win. You just have to adapt and overcome or learn how to jump better. Please dont quit or start cheating to overcome this huge disadvantage.

You can do it!!!

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 09:57:42 PM »
No one should ever be turned off by CTF matching because they cant double jump.

people who cant double jump are gonna HATE the map im making. since the main way to get to the flag is by double jumping and/or speed jump like the pp1 catwalk. (map is gonna take awhile, just started it this afternoon. all the layouts are setup just gotta map it out now)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 11:41:55 PM »
people who cant double jump are gonna HATE the map im making. since the main way to get to the flag is by double jumping and/or speed jump like the pp1 catwalk.

That's not a good thing to have in a map.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 11:43:33 PM »
Im sure he'll make it so a noob can get to the flag as well, just take them longer.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 12:40:07 AM »
Spook you understood my post. Good job on surpassing a a bunch of forum trolls on their reading comprehension. Also thank you for your post.

Instead of hating the map they SHOULD find enjoyment in trying to discovering a strategy to overcome this disadvantage you intend on giving them.

*Loial waves hand and transmits a subliminal suggestion. You will try to add one transporter per team to the flag area. This will be your "newb" solution for grabbing flag. :) Well at least it is something new and presents a new challenge to all players. Think about it.

I need suggest the obvious before you start mapping.  Make sure those double jump routes to the flag can not be camped with ease from any angle because they will be camped if you are not carefull. Please post your map on the forum for review for critiques.

Making a double jump does takes practice and good coaching. But that is a matter of mastering the games aerobatics. Right? I assume this having only made the backdoor to castle1 once. I dont not know what it takes to master this. But I have a feeling I am close to correct.

Due to the chaotic and random nature of a multi-player FPS combat. Perhaps I should ask this.

What do you, the forum readers think is more fun to play and at the same time incorporates superior FPS and CTF skills?

1. Matching in CTF / Jumps maps with no weaponry?

2. Matching in CTF / FPS maps with weaponry?

I pick number two because number one is just race and does not incorporate any FPS skill sets. This should be as a deciding factor in a FPS game as grabs or caps would be in CTF. There should be more balance between the two.

With the way maps are being designed today and match map selections picked Leet Jumping Clans perhaps we should call this game Super Mariocartball with less effective long range weaponry and CTF support.

Anyway Its all good. Just worried about chasing new and frustrated players from leaving the game, matching less, or worse cheating.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 07:06:32 AM »
Just camp at flag.
Not everybody will be happy.  ;D
demo: http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=D8XJBIDC
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 05:57:58 PM by pinobot »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 09:56:34 AM »
i edited the layout of it... but it stay incorporated the need to double jump to the flag. hell if noone needs to double jump how are they ever gonna leanr how. but i have the long way(main) and and back door which also incorporates the use of double jumping. the map is gonna take awhile since it is my first. but if i see it fit enough for your eyes i will make screenies otherwise ill use it as a learning experience and start over

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »
mouse 2 is best for jumping, atleast thats what i think.
Just had a brainwave, i use mouse 1 for jumping and mouse 2 for shooting now, works much better.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »
people who cant double jump are gonna HATE the map im making. since the main way to get to the flag is by double jumping and/or speed jump like the pp1 catwalk. (map is gonna take awhile, just started it this afternoon. all the layouts are setup just gotta map it out now)
That's one of the top items on my do's and don't's list for mapping.  Under don't.  Flags should be easily accessible for everybody in order to keep the game moving.  This is paintball, not q2jump.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
i made a side ledge which comes from the fort "tower" to the flag, the other ways include the double jump and a speed jump from high to get it. thanks for all the mapping hints and tips and hopefully i might be able to get atleast one map done that is forum worthy within the next few months

might as well show you what i mean since it is kind of hard to explain.

http://www.freeuploader.com/show.php/33234_sshot011.jpg.html

should be able to see that way

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 05:42:22 PM »
I don't even see a flag there -- just a big box room.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »
hey lay off jits i started 4 days ago and im completely new to mapping so i need to figure out the entities to make the flag

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 07:06:41 PM »
This is paintball, not q2jump.

take strafe jumping out then.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 07:19:38 PM »
Quake 2 has strafe jumping too though...and its not q2jump. The game is meant to be paintball, but fun. Maps (and servers) with just jumps and no kills defeat this purpose.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »
The game is meant to be paintball, but fun.

Normally paintball sucks. We're here to fix that.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 07:50:12 PM »
...which is where the "but fun" comes from, lol.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 08:26:27 PM »
I know, that's what I was commenting on.