Author Topic: GT Match Server Configuration  (Read 14878 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: GT Match Server Configuration
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »
Okay, you don't have to take my advice, I just really, really don't get why you would need to send a message every 3 seconds. Or HOW you'd send a message every three seconds.

...and what did that quote have to do with what you said? ;)

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »
I'm thinking that he has most of the messages bound to keys, no idea how he remembers which key is which though. And the game gets fast, people change direction often. (sometimes even intentionally to throw off the recon)

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 05:43:18 PM »
binds.
easy.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »
wow do u guys even play this game?? obviously not.. and its not hard to remember what binds are where unless your L D...

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 06:00:54 PM »
It is hard to remember your binds when you have a Theban keyboard and are a slow reader. Ask Spook, my $1 keyboard owns, I colored the # keys to match their Quake III weapon.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »
i honestly dont remember what keyboard you have but ill take your works for it

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 08:47:45 PM »
Really? Everyone else commented on how much it stood out, mainly because when they used it they had no idea where the keys were at. I used it at the first lan of mine that you went to. Maybe you could pick it out from this lineup?
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5636/p8270139yh8.jpg

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
Devorak > all.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »
lol! Theban is the language of the Thebes, not a keyboard layout, and I always use either QWERTY or QWERTZ as my layout.
The top left keyboard is my favorite, because of how loud the keys click, its AT, it has a TURBO key, it has lots of arrow keys, it has a 2nd set of function keys, it has a freakin calculator in it, and it has a metal plate in the bottom that makes it a very good weapon. I stick to my ergonomics and theban keyboards when I'm not out to beat someone though.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 09:17:20 PM »
lets see i can pick it out cause its been colored on... thats the only way. but you remember my bluetooth keyboard and mouse... they kick ass

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »
Yeah I do, I also remember making threats that I'd mess up their signal with my phone's bluetooth while you were ingame, lol. My phone has the power to kill speakers, microphones, radios, and almost anything else that I can get it near. I can't use wireless mice, they'd actually hit people when I throw them. Instead I've just got a messed up wall next to my desk from all the times that my heavy Fatal1ty mouse has went flying off my desk and hit the wall and then been caught by the cord. I'm one twitchy kid.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 09:21:35 PM »
shoulda killed my speakers when you guys were feeding it popcorn puffs i still have atleast 5 in there

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 09:22:36 PM »
I got an idea, lets put a small cat in the woofer...and blast Doom music! NEDM!!! LOL!!!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
I will speak against it. Why? Get voice recon. That is all.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »
Not everyone has mics. Just change the  setting wow. Its  lame to sit there and recon 4 lines of text and be temp banned for five mins. Stop being so stupid

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 06:14:54 PM »
FYI
I think the server setting will stay, this will incourage other clans to use voice recon. Sorry. Just my opinion. Does not meen they wont change it. I had no time in the past week moving from condo to house to be able to address this.

More importantly, in addition to the free game servers each one of you has enjoyed a time or two , GT offers its Vent (live chat) for voice recon for matches, scrims or just to say whats up. If you are intrested in this free service   contact any GT memeber, final say comes from Sharon.   

I am sorry skeet did you post something that is new, orginal or something thought provoking? Thought so. All I saw was some whiney ass person "Moooing" becuase after all his self acclaimed prowless in DP can't afford a $10 microphone?

I am sorry sk8ter I really understand what you are saying and why. I just dont buy it. Why, you ask? Well becuase GT has mics, plus host servers for gaming, voice chat and yet we are the stupid, poor, drunk red necks? I wonder what kind of person is lower than a stupid, poor, drunk red neck? A person with out a mic. Dont be lower than us, please.

Next excuse please?  *looks past skater

Edit comming from home

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:14 PM »
Everyone uses ch1ll ts beacuse an outdated ventrilo client is lame.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »
And because there's a TS Client for Linux  8)
GameComm is supposed to be coming out with a stable build soon too.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
Im not saying I dont have a mic. Im saying not everyone does. Just remove the darn spam flood. I remember playing on gt and being banned several times for saying "INC" like 3 times. Its lame.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 07:44:33 PM »
When did this become TS vs VENT, Smokette? If ts is what you like then go for it. Speaking of going... why are you posting here if you use chill's TS? Are you that bored? This about not using mm2 in matches for recon. Its outdated, worthless and any clan that uses it is worse off doing so. This comming from an Americas Army freakaziod who really likes location keys built into the map for recon. I know a its a little ironic. But at least you can 'Identify' with that. Being ironic.  :)

Sk8ter the point of this thread was to make mm2 better, right? My point is dont bother. Force them to get voice recon. Its more effiective. Right? About being lame. You sure do know a lot about being this way.

If some people dont have a mic, well to sad to say this but to bad. Just those who did not cheat and perferred the q2 mod better. Or like the gun temp...to bad, take your freaking finger of the fire button Sir-sprays-o-lots.

*looks past those that use voice recon (skater / smokey) and still posts.
"Anyone else?"

Perhaps instead of kicking the server can mute the spammer for 5 min.? Either way dont use mm2 in a serious 4v4 match.