Author Topic: GT Match Server Configuration  (Read 14884 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Re: GT Match Server Configuration
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »
sometimes i need to use mm2 in matches since my mic is a piece of crap (around 20 year old LabTec) it breaks up when my internet is whacking out so i need to use mm2 alot sometimes the point of this thread is try and point out that the flood kick is a problem for people like me and for people who have no mics. its just trying to get the hint across to gt admins to make their servers more wanted and appreciated by us people who try and match constantly

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 08:13:32 PM »
GT pays for premium gaming. That is all Sharon wants is for you to enjoy the service. She might agree with you. I dont.

I belive that if you have a jacked up mic, dont match. I also belive if your isp is jacked up to the point of needing to use mm2 that you should not be matching. I say this for the good of your team.

Lastly there are those who have dial up or no money for anything else. You are welcomed to play on GT but just as long as you can enjoy your time with the limited resources at hand and you do not affect others gaming (idleing , pJ ed etc etc)

Thanks for your concerns I am now seeking that which you ask. 

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »
telling me i cant play cause i lag bad and i shouldnt match without a mic thats straight up bullexcrement
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 09:07:17 PM by Spook »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »
I agree with Spook. What's wrong with using messagemode2 (with moderation)?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »
Loial you don't agree with anything you dont like. Look at it overall, youre completely wrong and ignorant.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »
What's wrong with using messagemode2 (with moderation)?
Not one thing, other than there is a better method. Right? That should be encouraged and used.         

telling me i cant play cause i lag bad and i shouldnt match without i mic thats straight up bullexcrement
Welcome to the world of non-free gaming my friend. I pay for $60 a month for cable not to mention my VPN on top of which to mention EV1 Loial's. More importantly she is paying for a whole host of servers. Period end of story.

With that said she agrees that is a bull excrement rule. :)

Sk8ter I just want what is best for newbs and semi-newbs like your self to make them better players to play against. Can you say or do any better?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2006, 09:30:57 PM »
you know i dont give a flying intercourse what you pay for your excrement but telling me i shouldnt be able to play is bullexcrement and just dont speak when you have no clue what your talking about

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2006, 09:39:13 PM »
Cable? So that's why it lags...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2006, 09:50:41 PM »
Problem 1.
You are getting what you want. :)

Problem 2.
You missed that fact. Sad

Problem 3.
Dont assume I know what you think. What is that?

Problem 4.
You dont give a intercourse what it takes. Just so long as you are enjoying yourself. Right?

Problem 5.
I have a lot of 'clues' I actually pay out of pocket just to be pissed on excrement on by the likes of you!!! Me matey??...Yarr!!!

Oh right!!! Sorry folks! On to 'Problem 5'  .......why dont you bother to realize that voice recon owns any other form of recon and that everyone should use it. Dont rely on this crap. You will loose because of it one day.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »
My god, Loial. Does it really matter to you whether or not other clans use voice recon?

eateR

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2006, 10:21:54 PM »
Jitspoe, can you please move all of these bullish posts to their own thread?  Unbelievable how a valid topic morphs into something so pointless.

On another note, all GT Match servers do not require spec invites either.

Again, I absolutely love GT servers because I'm in cali and compared to ch1ll servers my ping is phoenominally better to them.  I cannot say I can continue to use them if these settings are not fixed, and hopefully quickly.  And as far as I know, we're pretty much the only clan who chooses to use them as their main match servers.

Loial, please do what you can bro, and with godspeed!

Thanks in advance.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2006, 10:59:36 PM »
My god, Loial. Does it really matter to you whether or not other clans use voice recon?
My god if you cared about winning yes!!!! When was the last time that happend to you? Eiii?

eater its done.
With that said she agrees that is a bull excrement rule. Smiley
read please..... congrats.

eateR

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2006, 11:41:57 PM »
Big fat thanks to both Loial and Sharron!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 12:25:24 AM »
My god if you cared about winning yes!!!! When was the last time that happend to you? Eiii?
I meant other clans. You're chastising clans that don't use voice recon, and it seems pretty elitist.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 08:49:37 AM »
Just curious... eiii, when was the last time you even played DP???  You're clearly a POST WH0RE and Jitspoe should duct tape your fingers!

The guys give a good example of a map where it is easy to flood yourself out with recon with the settings as they are.  There are many good players that can fly through PP1 at lightening speed and I have watched many legitimately recon it that fast. 

In a match environment there should NOT be a limit to how a specific team recons in mm2 to each other.  I mean seriously why would you limit it to begin with? Is someone afraid your going to flood your own clanmates?  Now that's a productive strategy!! LOL

I do however believe that MM1 should be limited especially on Pub servers.

eateR specifically what settings would you like to see changed and what would you like them set to and in the famous words of Captain Picard, I'll "Make is So." hehe  ;D

On another note you guys spread the word encouraging others to post their favorite maplist here:

http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=3092.20

I know the community is bigger than 24 people and there is about 24 days left before the final results are tallied.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »
I played a game somtime last week. It wasn't that good, no servers had decent maps on.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 12:15:52 PM »
wow i can believe what this ended up as once again loial proved how much of a culo he can be... if clans want to use text recon let them they shouldnt be forced to go out and buy a mic if they dont already have them... im sure the DP read me file doesnt say anything that u have to have a mic to play.. and i do use TS but i sometimes add text recon onto my voice recon.. i dont see why this has to be such a big problem... i hope it is fix like you say.. just wanted to say that this shouldnt have turn into something as big as it did.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 03:19:36 PM »
Yeah I am an ass and leetist for wanting clans to use ts.   ::)
voice recon owns any other form of recon and that everyone should use it. Dont rely on this crap. You will loose because of it one day.
I just want all clans to have the same advantage. What exactly is leetist about that?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 04:43:25 PM »
voice recon owns any other form of recon and that everyone should use it. Dont rely on this crap. You will loose because of it one day.
I just want all clans to have the same advantage. What exactly is leetist about that?

It's not that you want other clans to have the same advantage-- it's that you're saying to get voice recon, or get off the server.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 05:17:54 PM »
Good lord eiii be quiet man!! He didn't say that at all... This post has been resolved now go back to bed and quit spamming the forum!! Jitspoe kill this post PLEASE so all the little magpie post sexually promiscuous persons will stop trying to up their post count... How long are you going to let this go on? Sheesh!