Author Topic: conveyor questions  (Read 2014 times)

SmackWaters

• VM-68
conveyor questions
« on: August 26, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »
my next level is gonna be a paintball-factory. i want to make conveyors that will move guns, ammo and such when they spawn in a level. however, the conveyors don't seem to move the paintballs unless they are dropped on it by the player, not when it spawns in the level. i have the spawnflag push_all checked (i used trigger_push entities, i know there is an entity called func_conveyor but i don't know how to use it) How would i make the conveyors push the paintballs when they spawn?  ???

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: conveyor questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:04:05 PM »
Func_conveyors can't push entites apart from players.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »
alright then, how about using a trigger_push entity? that's what i have been using, but it doesnt seem to move ammo unless you drop it on it. if the ammo spawns on the conveyor, it doesnt move. is there any way to make that work?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »
If its not moving when it spawns there it could be because its not in the right place. have you tried moving the entities higher or lower?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »
trigger_pushes will only push players and balls. Also grenades.

So, you can't move anything except for:
players
balls
grenades (I think)

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 08:15:58 PM »
well, i've made a level with trigger pushes before and they pushed guns, barrels, hoppers, etc but only when you drop them on it. what i'm going for is a machine that appears to make paintballs, it's a machine, with a conveyor belt coming out of it. i want you to be able to push a button and the door of the machine will open and some paintballs will slide out. any ideas?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
Sounds like too much trouble to get a few paintball :/ unless they are the only paintball guns or ammo on the map.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 08:24:47 PM »
Sounds like too much trouble to get a few paintball :/ unless they are the only paintball guns or ammo on the map.

well, me n soggy were going for the "factory" feel, and you can't have a good factory without conveyor belts

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 09:15:06 PM »
well, i've made a level with trigger pushes before and they pushed guns, barrels, hoppers, etc but only when you drop them on it. what i'm going for is a machine that appears to make paintballs, it's a machine, with a conveyor belt coming out of it. i want you to be able to push a button and the door of the machine will open and some paintballs will slide out. any ideas?

Hey... I never got that to work.

*tests*

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 11:23:22 PM »
I'm not sure, but you may be able to use models for the items on conveyor belts.  Might be worth looking at.  Of course they wouldn't be player usable, for like the dispenser you talked about. Reminds me of cfactory...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:26 PM »
Jits, you need to make it so that entites can move on conveyor belts. Also, a spawnflag for func_kill that destroies entites? Because then you can have a 'factory' that produces ammo or something without making thousands of ammo boxes and killing the game.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 07:46:08 AM »
eiii, it was on this map, i know its a cruddy map, but i'm sure it would push the weapons and stuff, the little things with the blue and yellow arrows

(lol its the boobs map again  :P)