Author Topic: i can't get the textures to work for worldcraft, need help.  (Read 8734 times)

wentam

• PGP
Re: i can't get the textures to work for worldcraft, need help.
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »
u gave me bsp i have bsp the pball map pack please.oops i posted twice.lol the file "installation (read this)"?so what your saying is download bsp then download bsp. 2 times?your link lead to downloading bsp not the pack!what do u exacly want me to do with 2 bsp files?my whole problem is not being able to compile in bsp.CAN ANYONE HELP ME SET THE DIRECTERIES FOR BSP?all the installatoin text says is:
This is a quick and simple BSP installation.  Unzip the files to c:\BSP.

If you do not have paintball2 installed to c:\paintball2, you must edit c:\bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\runmap.bat.

If you wish to install somewhere besides c:\bsp, you will need to edit the following files:
bsp\pball2\game.ini
bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat

NEW: Arghrad 3.00 is out, but it's a test version and cannot be redistributed.  Download it from http://forums.gamedesign.net/viewtopic.php?t=49129 and place arghrad.exe in c:\bsp\quake2\util,
then delete all the echos from c:\bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat.

http://www.planetquake.com/digitalpaint/ for more information and updates.

-----------------------------------------
the closesed thing i could find to directeries is:

[BSPGame]

map_directory=c:\bsp\quake2\pball\mapfiles\

texture_path=c:\bsp\quake2\pball\textures\

bat_directory=c:\bsp\pball2\bats\

pos_directory=c:\bsp\Settings\

entity_qc_directory=c:\bsp\pball2\entity\

bspbuild_directory=c:\bsp\pball2\compilers\

q2_pak_file=c:\bsp\pball2\whatever.pak

default_wad=nothing.wad
wad_directory=wad
entities=pb2ents_b15.c
sort_entities=1
newmap=default.map
forcequakepal=1
palette_file=pb2d.pal
no_models=1
model_file=models.ini
gamma=0.50
colormap_file=colormap.pcx
game=2

-------------------------------------------
but bsp doesn't have quit that many directeries.can anyone help.i'v been trying all day to get the directeries set for bsp.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:39:34 PM by wentam »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 02:38:15 PM »
If you do not have paintball2 installed to c:\paintball2, you must edit c:\bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\runmap.bat.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 02:40:53 PM »
oh thanks.it worked finnally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eii was wrong!i thought i needed to set directeries!thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!all day and all i needed to do was move  folders!

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 02:53:36 PM »
Eiii gave you the solution for if you wanted to keep BSP where it was, which is what I too was led to believe you wanted to do.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 03:52:35 PM »
how do u make flags and how do u make a spawn point for a certain coler?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 04:58:42 PM »
I'd suggest you look at the sample map, or look for tutorials on basic quake mapping.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »
how do u use sample .map to figure it out? all i could find is were the enity was placed.every time i place a flag it shows nothing.is the flag placed invisable but u have to put somthing there to mark it? u have to enter a value and key in that one box?or give me a link to a tutorial THAT WILL SHOW ME HOW to get flags and only one coler team spawn points.besides u could tell me how!(i'm using bsp)wow since 4:00(when i posted) no replys.i'm bored of...never a reply.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 07:41:28 PM by wentam »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »
Look at the entity properties for the sample map. It should show how to make spawns for a certain team.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 08:07:16 AM »
i have the spawn points, now how to make a flag?so u can take the enemy flag and bring it to yours to get points.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:55:25 AM by wentam »

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »
in the worldspawn entity (when nothing is selected) you should check what you have team1 and team2 set to. most commonly, it would be

"team1" "blue"
"team2" "red"

to set a flag up, if you wanted the flag to be blue, you would set the keypair in the flag's entity properties to

"teamnumber" "1"

and for a red flag

"teamnumber" "2"

if you want, you can download my map, construction, open it up in bsp, it shows how to use flags and such. place it in your c:\bsp\quake2\pball\mapfiles folder

and to bring up "that one box" (i'm assuming you are talking about entity properties) press 'e'

also: are you using bsp now? or worldcraft?

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »
I still don't get exacly how to get info_player_deathmatch to spawn for a certen coler.red and blue only took "foo" "colername"!what should i do?i'm trying to put a third team on.i tried the same as the flag but that didn't work.which was with team3.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 06:00:31 PM by wentam »

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 06:37:36 PM »
to set the color for a spawn point use "teamnumber" "#"

for instance, if on the worldspawn entity you had set:

"team1" "purple"
"team2" "yellow"

for a yellow spawn, you would set "teamnumber" "2" and vise vesa.

To make a map have 3 teams (this is not common the only map i know of with 3 teams is stack) set "maxteams" in the worldspawn entity to "3" then have

"team1" "blue"
"team2" "red"
"team3" "purple" or whatever colors you want.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »
how do u make a ladder?and how do u make a link to your map on this site or on pimps maprating.i only can get it to work on the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:51:51 AM by wentam »

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:24 PM »
to make a ladder, make the brush(es) that will make up the ladder. a simple rectangle is good enough, but people will generally prefer more detailed ladders. next, select all the brushes you want to make up the ladder, and press 's' this will bring up a box with surface properties in it, you can set a brush to be water, puddle of paint, a ladder, etc. check the 'Ladder' box, and the brushes you selected will be a ladder.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 12:16:57 PM »
did u try my map?if u did how did u like it it is my first map.and thz for the ladder tip when i press s it does nothing.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
ya i tried the map, LOTS and LOTS of misaligned brushes, you should be able to fix them, overall the main thing you need to work on is brush alignment. ok for a first, but definitely fix brush alignment. Did i mention the brush alignment?  ;)

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:31:31 AM by P!nk »

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
i know on the walls with the holes in them that u shoot through for defence are really hard to alline i'll be able to eventully.i'm working on it.i have so many i can't get it all right now i'll work on that nextmap.it's hard!it has nice gamplay though.besides the alinment how do u like it for a first map by a 11 year old.(i'm 11) ;)

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
besides the alinment how do u like it for a first map by a 11 year old.(i'm 11) ;)

I'm 13.  :D

but yes it is a good first map, probably better than mine, which was just a deathmatch box  :)

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 12:38:54 PM »
that is probably what most first maps are like,deathmatch boxes.is there a way to make more ppl join your online servers i'v tried days to get somone to join.i think my older brother has the firewall set high or somthing.and the death match box is why u didn't have many unallined textures,lol.

i can't get .wad pack to load.i set the directeries to the .wad file then tried to load it but it says it can't find the .wad.how can u fix that????
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:44:00 PM by wentam »