Author Topic: i can't get the textures to work for worldcraft, need help.  (Read 8731 times)

Spook

• Autococker
Re: i can't get the textures to work for worldcraft, need help.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »
im actually getting my bsp somewhere but when im loading it up it askes me where my *.qc file is and i cant find it anywhere any help on that?

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2006, 09:16:59 AM »
if u know were it is just go to the top menu in file/prefrences/dereteries.

when i try to make a ladder i have to press "s" is that correct? the surface property window does'nt have anything related to a ladder.i don't understand exacly how to make a ladder.how?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:13:47 PM by wentam »

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »
yes that is correct, look

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »
as long as your on the surface prop window, how exactly do you make team colored flags. in easy noob mapper terms for me =]

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
uh thats not the surface property window thats the entity properties window. press 'e' and set the keypair to "teamnumber" "1" for a flag that will be the same color as "team1" in the worldspawn entity

for instance if in worldspawn

"team1" "purple"

then

"teamnumber" "1"

will make a purple flag

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »
bsp was acting up because i don't have much ram and i was missing files for it so i started using getic 3d, but i don't know how to get the guns, paintballs and so on, to be used in the editor, is anyone firmilliar with getic 3d and could help me?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:07:31 PM by wentam »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 07:17:05 PM »
bsp was acting up because i don't have much ram and i was missing files for it so i started using getic 3d, but i don't know how to get the guns, paintballs and so on, to be used in the editor, is anyone firmilliar with getic 3d and could help me?  ;)

If you don't have enough ram to run BSP, I think you have bigger issues to worry about than making maps...

Also, I've never heard of getic 3D.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »
i have 320 mb of ram, and look up getic it's a very nice editor.320 mb can make a large map with bsp but doesn't have enough ram to compile it.but it is just fine with getic. if Paintball 2 runs perfectly i think 320 is enough.weird as it is, i have to start and minimize paintball 2 to use an editor.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 08:44:30 AM »
Also, I've never heard of getic 3D.

It looks like it could cause some issues (doesn't snap to grid) but I didn't get to mess around with it much yet.

wentam

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
i know there is a snap to grid butten but i don't know where it is, so i waste time getting things lined up.but other than that it a good editor,well another thing is making pipes to walk through,making diagnal brushes is hard to do. so when i'm making rooves i use the stairs option, at least it works. oh i just found the snap to grid butten lol.still can i get an answer to my question?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:57:16 PM by wentam »