Author Topic: Come one, come all, git yer Map Packs  (Read 2322 times)

BasouKazuma

• PGP
Come one, come all, git yer Map Packs
« on: September 05, 2006, 05:28:06 PM »
A fellow DPer lost all his Paintball2 files including his maps. Downloading all the maps individually from dpball.com would take forever and auto downloading from servers would be annoying. So, I hosted a rar file with all the maps so he could download it all in one go.

This gave me the idea of creating a torrent file for all the maps i have. If you have the latest version of Azureus (I'm sure some other bittorrent clients have the same feature), you can easily pick and choose which maps you want to download from the torrent. I will be seeding it to the best of my ability, but i'll have to stop seeding whenever i play online.

Torrent:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3519955/

Direct Download (almost all the files that i have in the torrent):
http://www.free-hoster.cc/users/basoukazuma/maps.rar

Enjoy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:28:30 PM by BasouKazuma »

ss2man44

• PGP
Re: Come one, come all, git yet Map Packs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:48:27 PM »
Wow, thanks, i've been looking for a map pack or something.

EDIT: nevermind, it doesn't work  :P

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »
Wow, nice way to copy my site content verbatim...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »
Er... isn't that just a link to your site?  And why do you have so many non-paintball maps up for download.  It doesn't really make sense.

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 01:24:12 PM »
My comment was aimed towards BasouKazuma as his post was quite similar to the content my site provides (generic map pack - yes, but who else has had a torrent?). Plus I just plain hate the countless freaks who make posts with nothing more than a few maps as an excuse to increase their post count.

As for non-paintball maps... well, do YOU want to sift through 2,500 maps looking for bad ones? :D

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
As for non-paintball maps... well, do YOU want to sift through 2,500 maps looking for bad ones? :D
No, but if you're going to shoot down others who provide maps, then you might as well sort through them instead of having a half-assed mappack.

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »
No, but if you're going to shoot down others who provide maps, then you might as well sort through them instead of having a half-assed mappack.

I'll be happy to let you start.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
I did.  It's on http://dpball.com/files/maps

del *jump* should give you a good start, though.  You could also write a script to search through all the files containing e1u1 and other common quake2 texture directories and remove them.

The guy has only 1 post, so I doubt this was part of a plot to generate a huge post count.  You seem to jump out and attack anybody who does anything remotely similar to you, as if they were stealing your ideas, even though you weren't the first to come up with them.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
jitspwnd

Sprinkle

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 04:01:09 PM »
I remember davew and fryth both having the same kinda sites.. and if I recall fryth had map packs on torrent.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 02:33:31 AM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
Actually, here's another idea:  Search for everything containing "gamemode", "teamnumber", or "pball".  Throw out everything else.

BasouKazuma

• PGP
Re: Come one, come all, git yer Map Packs
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »
Bug, everything's on bittorrent these days.  :P
Doesn't hurt to have multiple sources for maps.

I was testing that freehoster site with this file since it supposedly has no bandwidth cap. It doesnt seem to be reliable, though. My whole account was deleted. I remade my account and re-uploaded the rar file ... but idk if it'll stay up.