Author Topic: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY  (Read 11137 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »

...I'm scared.

No, really, that's really, really scary. Worst part? When all the kds start cheering at the prospect of 'giving up their lives' for Jesus.

The chanting is scary too.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:31:04 AM by Dirty_Taco »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
YEAH...
That and "Loose Change" really intercourse up this country.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »
Sorry kids, the world ends in 2012, if you stay christians you will all die a virgin.

Wolf Man

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
Here, here. The world may end sooner, we already have like 1200 nukes. Were all going to blow ourselves up.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:11:41 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:42:34 PM by IronFist »

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
That is pretty intercoursed up.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:32 PM »
You all know the truth...chant it with me:
Lucifer is Lord
Lucifer is Lord
Lucifer is Lord

Wolf Man

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »
 Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God! Hail God!

And thats an average christian mass.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
You mean Heil.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:45:37 PM »
ROFL!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 08:17:54 PM »
Hahaha, owned.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:07:22 AM »
Sacrificing your life for a greater cause is usually seen as commendable.  At least it used to be.  The chanting is no more frightening than what you might see from fans at a football game... actually probably far less frightening.  Children are going to be influenced by something.  With so many single parents and families where both parents work full time, what's left?  TV?  Movies?  Rap lyrics?  Even if you're an atheist, surely you believe that some of the basic Christian teachings (love your neighbors, don't murder/lie/steal/etc.) are better than the alternatives.  Imagine a world where everybody had a good set of morals and went out of their way to do the right thing.  Is that scary?  Perhaps those kids are indoctrinated, but they aren't void of all decision making capabilities.  For what it's worth, despite how they were portrayed in the video, camps like that actually are a lot of fun.  It's a shame if you were never able to attend one.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »
Raptor Jesus > You.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 06:46:52 AM »
Even if you're an atheist, surely you believe that some of the basic Christian teachings (love your neighbors, don't murder/lie/steal/etc.) are better than the alternatives.
One name: George Bush

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 08:01:23 AM »
For what it's worth, despite how they were portrayed in the video, camps like that actually are a lot of fun.  It's a shame if you were never able to attend one.

I did. It was fun only because there was one religion-based activity the whole weekend and I wasn't required to participate. That camp, however, doesn't look like the one I went to. I also don't believe the lack of religion would strip people of all their morals, or that those children are taught good morals or to 'do the right thing' about 50% in that camp.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 10:01:50 AM »
The world would be a much different place without religion.
I think it is religion, and religion alone, that keeps the human race from living a much more violent and hidious life.
Laws are based off religion (don't kill, steal, boink the 15 year old next door, etc...).

Religion is control over the human race...that's all.

Is there a higher power or being? I believe so.

There are many many religions. They all can't be right. They all can't be the "one true religion" of God.

Whether it be the work of God, I do not know, but the bible (any bible in any religion) and everything in it was written by man. As said above, that's not to say the events of the bible(s) (and some of these events are fact) were not a direct influence of this higher power (we'll call God).

What's funny is that when you bring up the whole arguement of there being so many religions and that not all of them can be right, Christians, and others, claim that they are the only true religion of God, and all others are wrong, and if showed the "true" way to God, and they don't accept Jesus, they will go to hell, but those that have not been offered or shown the way to God will not be held accountable (the argument of isolated tribes still worshipping a rock or something). Religious zealots have an answer for everything.

As much as I think organized religion is sham, and that worshipping a greater power on your own in your own house alone is perfectly fine, and that the bible is a good book create to keep us heathens in order, religion is necessary.

I would much rather have my daughter learning about God and Jesus than nothing at all. The moral values she will learn will be valuable. To be raised without religion would mean possibly being raised not understanding that your actions have consequences, which is valuable.

I, personally, don't attend a church (hypocrits to the 10th degree). I simply help those that need help. Try to do good for my family and friends. And talk to our higher power or being on occasion. If this sends me to hell, doh! OK OK so my nick has "satan" in it. Maybe i'm doomed to hell for that!

Who started a thread on religion anyways?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 10:04:58 AM »
Oh...I was raised Catholic. Did all those Catholic things. Was even an atler boy, without the merry benifits, or couse.
I went to a Catholic school for my first few year. Yep, with nuns as teachers and everything. And yes they crack the excrement out of you knuckles with a ruller when you were bad.

Being a part of the church and all wasn't bad. But as I grew up and started getting into rock music and smokin weed I was treated differently. So intercourse them.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
Who started a thread on religion anyways?
That would be eiii.  He'll probably tag you for double posting, too.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »
Raptor jesus > *