Author Topic: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY  (Read 11134 times)

pinobot

• VM-68
Re: GOD darn IT CHRISTIANITY
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 07:57:36 PM »
Christians: "Accept our morals or be killed and meet our God and he'll hurt you some more."

Seriously, i'm a protestant, i was baptised so i can say anything and still go to heaven. :P
Christians are strange people, when i was about 7 year old i went to sunday school a few times. Not really a school, a church with some kids running around and glueing paper together is what i remember. After a few times they said there would be no more sunday school, reason: not enough children. :-\ Christians and money, don't get me started.  :-X

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 08:15:03 PM »
Proving the absence of something is a rather difficult task -- even if it's a simple object or concept.  I don't have a football, for example, but proving it to a skeptical person would be nearly impossible.
If he believes you have a football then he is not a skeptical person at all, he is a believer. But if he takes you word for it and believes you don't have a football the he is a believer also.
I think you can only be skeptical if there is any proof, if for instance someone would claim he can bend spoons and show it to you. I can't be skeptical of God, there is no "proof" so it's a non issue, if a christian would show me scientific proof then can i be sceptical.
It's all so confusing.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »
Christian's also have a LOT of blood on their past.

What's that? Love thy neighbor? But he/she doesn't believe in you God....what's that? BURN THEM!?!?!?!?!?!? If you say so.

Of course the "burn them" wouldn't really be the voice of god...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 08:56:24 PM »
Bah it wont play.

With out guiding principals your house would have been robbed your land decimated. You and loved ones beaten, sodomized then murdered or worse enslaved. Without those principals it is a matter of 'survival of the fitest'. 

Zealots is what I think you guys witnessed and speak about. That is just blasphemy at its worst and to those that are Zealots I ask this.....

"What is better to have? Hope, Faith or Charity." 

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 09:16:24 PM »
Hope...but I think of hope and faith as one and the same, faith just pops up as a little religious to me for some reason although it isn't defined to be that.

P.S.
Limp Bizkit's cover of "Faith" ownz.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 11:34:28 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:30:40 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:20 PM »
Hey Loial: Religion isn't (the only thing) what keeps people from doing bad things. Without it, I don't think there would be any significant difference in the relative morals of people, though the morals may have been different.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 12:27:40 AM »
" your house would have been robbed your land decimated. You and loved ones beaten, sodomized then murdered or worse enslaved."

Hmm.... So many different Christian-backed events that could fit this description. The Crusades, the spanish conquest of mexico, Columbus discovering Native Americans, African Slavery just to name a few. I'm sure this list could go on and on.
Yes it does go on and on and on. They are called ZEALOTS!!!

All of them zealots in one form or another. Agreed in the name Christ for the first few mentioned and in the name of money in the last.

I challenge any of you to find me one charitable, humble and meek leader that caused such sins.

I am not defending religion as the savior of this world. Just pointing out without a moral compass, all of us are doomed to survival like animals. Pure Logic.

Without it, I don't think
Lets start there. Your thoughts is it guided by something like logic? Or is it random?

Tinman that was a question asked of Jesus the Jew. His answer was profound.

Charity. Only actions matter. Not wishes or intentions. I find this logical for some reason.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 12:48:11 AM »
Proving the absence of something is a rather difficult task -- even if it's a simple object or concept.  I don't have a football, for example, but proving it to a skeptical person would be nearly impossible.

i just read that and its true. its like saying there is no gold in china. to know there is no gold in china you would have to look under every rock, in everyones mouth for fillings, in every tree, every spec of dust... and on and on. but to say there is gold in china all you would have to do is find 1 spec and its true.

i would also like to say that I'm a Christian "protestant" and i believe another one here is because i saw him on another forum..."you know who you are if you remember my pm and email" "have not read all the posts so don't know if he said he was or not. not hiding his info from you guys but just out of his privacy i will let him say it" but i do agree with most of the stuff that i did see in that vid. yes some stuff was over kill. but think of some of the Muslims willing to die for their believes when most Christians are not even willing to talk to someone about theirs.

There is no universal moral code that should dictate human behavior. There is no such thing as good or evil, there is no universal standard of right and wrong. Our values and morals come from us and belong to us, whether we like it or not; so we should claim them proudly for ourselves, as our own creations, rather than seeking external justification for them.

Are morals learned or inherent?  If they are learned, who teaches them?  I imagine it's probably a combination, but there is definitely some learned aspect of morality.  Some societies kill and even eat other humans and it's not considered "wrong" to them.

i think jitspoe said it well there. when one group of people don't think killing everyone is wrong if there was no law at all then we would all just go around doing whatever we wanted and a lot of deaths would happen. think of a world with no cops "why have cops if someone kills taco its not wrong.

With out guiding principals your house would have been robbed your land decimated. You and loved ones beaten, sodomized then murdered or worse enslaved. Without those principals it is a matter of 'survival of the fitest'.
amen

and yes lots of bad things have been done in the name of God and a lot have been done and those doing it say they are Christians. but they are false Christians. you must understand just because they say they are Christians they might not be. you are known by your actions. no matter how Christian you say you are if your actions don't back up the Word of God then you are no Christian.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:13:13 AM by Excalibur »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 12:57:49 AM »
All,

Charity is done with out faith or hope that god is real. It is done.

That is the logic of Charity!

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 06:38:39 AM »
Loial, wtf are you talking about, charity? (please...i'm not really looking for an answer to this....i wouldn't understand what you wrote anyways).

Pretty much sounds like most of us are saying the same thing using different words.

So:
1) Is there a God? ... Dunno, but i'll shake his hand when he gets here.
2) Do we need God? ... Hell yeah, or we run amuck in the streets
3) Is loial merry? ... Ask his boyfriend.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 10:58:03 AM »
It's true that there have been things done supposedly in the name of Christ that are... morally incorrect.  Realistically, though, I don't see how you can call these people Christians.  "Christian" implies that they follow the teachings of Christ, and running around murdering and raping people certainly does not fall under that category.  Hypocrites like that are far worse than the heathens.

Another thing: anti-religious people seem to have very selective memory and often fail to realize that kind of behavior is the exception, not the rule.  Christian organizations like The Salvation Army have done a number of great things to help people in need.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:30:36 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 02:42:37 PM »
I think it very typical for christians to dismiss christians that do "bad" things as not true christians.
You can also say that muslims that do bad things are not true moslims, communists that do bad thing are not true communists and non-believers that do bad things are not true non-believers.
Fact of the matter is that most christians in the USA support the warmonger George Bush.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 03:04:10 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:30:24 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »
I don't think anybody was debating the existence of God.  That's pretty much a dead-end debate in a message board.  I think the topic of conversation here is more whether or not the belief in (a) God and following a set of supposedly divine-inspired morals betters society or not.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:30:21 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 06:00:40 PM »