Author Topic: PBCup Practice Server  (Read 1598 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
PBCup Practice Server
« on: September 07, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »
I set up a public server with the PBCup settings and maplist so people could practice the maps easily.

paintball2://216.127.68.86:27922

Suggestions are welcome.

loial21

• Autococker
Re: PBCup Practice Server
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:19:15 PM »
May I suggest that you give me ops for map changes. Same password as Loial's but with just enough ops. Since I am easy to find, loved by all and I like accommodating, its only logical.  Well it doesn't hurt to suggest.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
Mhm. You pay for your server, you get your server.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 09:20:51 PM »
It was a suggestion so that people dont have to join teams to change maps, to the ones they want practiced. What was your suggestion as to remain on topic?

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »
I really don't see how anyone needs ops for map changes on it, the point of it is to play all of the maps in the pbcup rotation. Also, having everyone switch teams is a good way to change maps, since its like a vote, everyone has to be in on the decision, so there's nobody changing a map just because they don't like it even though others do.

I suggest it to have a short time for idle'd people to be moved to observer, this way nobody is AFK when others may be switching teams to get the map changed.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »
I thought there was already a PBCup practice server up. Maybe bain took it down, I dunno. Sounds good.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 10:00:52 PM »
Is there?  Well, there are two now, if that's the case.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »
I really don't see how anyone needs ops for map changes on it, the point of it is to play all of the maps in the pbcup rotation. Also, having everyone switch teams is a good way to change maps, since its like a vote, everyone has to be in on the decision, so there's nobody changing a map just because they don't like it even though others do.

I suggest it to have a short time for idle'd people to be moved to observer, this way nobody is AFK when others may be switching teams to get the map changed.
I am so proud to say this was a well thought of post. Why then would I need ops. I have now argument for. Unless I was asked Loial can you get us a match server...which happens too often for me to say no!

Perhaps you can split the loial server in to 1/2 pub 1/2 match. I dont think rcon can do that.......I will py more next fri..

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 06:45:19 AM »
May I suggest that you give me ops for map changes. Same password as Loial's but with just enough ops. Since I am easy to find, loved by all and I like accommodating, its only logical.  Well it doesn't hurt to suggest.

I hope the match command is active?  Because then, the whole discussion following the original post should be obsolete, as you'd be able to activate match mode and play/change maps etc.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »
It's currently not active, but I could enable it.