Author Topic: Boycott auto spell check  (Read 10471 times)

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
Re: Boycott auto spell check
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 06:36:21 PM »
Loial: I would get some proof, but I don't think you should have been banned for the things you said. I was just saying that they were worse then some of the things that have been said that resulted in temp bans.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 08:01:42 PM »
TinMan scores! The 'ignore all' button has been BROKE.

Lun, really? No proof needed then. But an example would not hurt.

S8NATHOME

• PGP
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 08:09:20 PM »
My point is made:
* edit Posted expos facto Jitspost.

bet that passed the spellchecker, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipso_facto

Eiii I am waiting for your help. Fluffster.

Yes eieio, jump in a help Loial. Two "I think i'm better than you" people are better than one.
What happens when all the low life bad speelers are gone?
Who sits on the throne? Or do you start working on homonyms and grammatical errors?
You might lose that one Loial.

Must be alot of room under there!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 09:02:10 PM »
Expos facto. After the fact. A person can not be convicted of a crime that was committed prior to the law being passed which made the act illegal. I could be wrong but I remember being taught this in US Constitution. I dont know it was all one long trip.

A s8n correction intended for Loial brought to you by Loial for the intended purpose of correcting Loial in a forum of his peers. Look below I completed the job in a humble and apologetic manor. 

UBER EDIT****
Ex_post facto not expos facto. Pardon my ignorance. I was close. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto

I was taught that this was expos with out the 't' and facto or factos, depending on the amount of laws.*****

More room than you could possibly imagine.

S8n name one thing I have done or said that would constitute the "i think I am better than you" misconception. I am an adult like you prone to mistakes and if you remember I am humble and apologetic. Why the drama llama?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:52:18 AM by loial21 »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2006, 09:40:54 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:40:20 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »
UBER EDIT**** I digress and hereby apologize.

Ex_post facto not expos facto. I was close so were you in having the sense to try to correct me. Both of us wrong and bad xxx. A denial of retroactive legislation or better said "No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

Posted expos facto Jitspost. God I love multiple puns Wink
A pun. A play on words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_post_facto
I knew I had had successfully defended my debate team from Missouri against Kansas in 'spring of 89. Despite my addiction to acid and chicks.

Its just a couple of buttons. Those that have objected, have typed more in this thread than a weeks / months / years worth of posts. Lets just move on.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:41:38 AM by loial21 »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 07:30:38 AM »
res ipsa loquitur sed quid in infernos dicit

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »
I'm all in for the spellcheck, but I'd rather have it run in the background, as long as it doesn't find errors.  Even if you post really short posts, it will run the spellchecker and find nothing and have you press the "Post" button again...

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:14 PM »
If anything, make it like microsoft word where it highlights the word if you spell it wrong. That box is unbelievably annoying when you have to go through words like "online" or saying someones name like "loial".

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:29:37 AM by P!nk »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 07:28:59 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:40:10 PM by IronFist »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 06:59:15 PM »
Hate to revive an old thread, but I've got a new 'protest' idea. When the spell check window comes up, just hit 'change all'. Key words will be turned into something really crazy about half the time. :3

Yeeeeeeep.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »
good friggin idea.

thanks ii, SWEET

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2006, 07:22:57 PM »
Update the spell check first before you implement that though.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »
no.. the point is make people hate it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2006, 10:49:44 PM »
Or you can ban them for acting like an (bleep). But it should be fixed so that can't be done and grammer correction added.

Jitspoe can not force people to read things in proper context or give them sudden powers ulitmate comprehension. But he can help with the spelling and hopefully in the future grammer. Smokey, EIII and other opposed, you have asked for players that could read and spell be only allowed to post.

So when Jitspoe decided you were right and help out. You change your mind? I don't get the reversal of opinions. Is it because you now have to correct any spelling errors? I don't think so. Is it because you have to press 4 extra buttons? I doubt that as well. Is it becuase your lazy or you simpley dont like it? IDK I IDC.

I see by the fact those opposed are still posting it really does not hinder anything or anyone in anyway. Is it a pain to some? Sure it is. But has been deemed needed, even by those opposed to it.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2006, 10:53:12 PM »
Or you can ban them for acting like an (bleep). But it should be fixed so that can't be done and grammer correction added.

Jots can not force people to read things in proper context or give them sudden powers ultimate comprehension. But he can help with the spelling and hopefully in the future grammer. Smokey, EIII and other opposed, you have asked for players that could read and spell be only allowed to post.

So when Jots decided you were right and help out. You change your mind? I don't get the reversal of opinions. Is it because you now have to correct any spelling errors? I don't think so. Is it because you have to press 4 extra buttons? I doubt that as well. Is it because your lazy or you simple dint like it? IDK I IDC.

I see by the fact those opposed are still posting it really does not hinder anything or anyone in anyway. Is it a pain to some? Sure it is. But has been deemed needed, even by those opposed to it.

its a simple and peaceful protest, so shovel it.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2006, 11:01:26 PM »
I agree with Jasper's 'Spell things right, or get temp banned' very much. I disagree with getting the pop up each time I post something.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2006, 11:15:28 PM »
so shovel it.
Not one bit of counter logic,  but rather a ...well what do you mean by "shovel it"?

Cant a peaceful simple protest be done with out asking someone to shovel it? Can it not also include differing opinions and points of view?

I disagree with getting the pop up each time I post something.
Perfect objection post! Why did you simply not post that instead?

I am sorry you and others feel that way. But until  you have a better suggestion this is the price we all pay for a better forum.