Author Topic: Jigsaw - modified content  (Read 24994 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Jigsaw - modified content
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 11:22:01 AM »
Sounds like those alleged rate hacks or something even more clever from the mama boys era.

Ahhh, CC must be spreading them..

warhead

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
Umm to tell u the truth i find no way jigsaw should be banned. Obviously jitspoe is being too over protecting about his so called POWER of dpball, since he banned nearly everyone that was hacking, he has to go ban people that are just being smart.JITS IF YOU WERE JIGSAW I KNOW YOU WOULD DO THE SAME EXACT THING. So come on, please lift jigs ban.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »
Don't even bother.

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 01:48:36 PM »
Umm to tell u the truth i find no way jigsaw should be banned. Obviously jitspoe is being too over protecting about his so called POWER of dpball, since he banned nearly everyone that was hacking, he has to go ban people that are just being smart.JITS IF YOU WERE JIGSAW I KNOW YOU WOULD DO THE SAME EXACT THING. So come on, please lift jigs ban.

"since he banned nearly everyone that was hacking"

If you want to rave about power, go make your own game. Jitspoe made this game and therefore has dictatorish power over it. If you don't like who he bans, you can just not play his game. In any case, Jitspoe's rules are clear. If you cheat, you will be banned. Jitspoe's ban times are very fair and the rules are very simple. Jigsaw knew he what he was doing was against the rules, and he cheated anyway. It won't kill him to take a 60 day siesta from the DPBall scene. Plus, warhead, you make no sense at all. Jigsaw being smart? Jitspoe would do the same thing? You're a moron.

YHBT. YHL. HAND.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »
so is this the second or third time someone has self-incriminated by posted a screenshot?

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 02:23:33 PM »
Rudy, Jigsaw, I know there's gotta be more though.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »

Well.... people are being smart by modifying the textures to play better?
Nice argument...

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
I think the textures looked pretty sexy?  I made my game back to normal by uninstalling and reinstalling if that helps?  :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
I suppose using wallhacks or aimbots would be "smart", too, hmm?  Where do you draw the line?

Sprinkle

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »

CRASH, as well.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »
Honestly, i'm horrible at dp.  If I had an aimbot, wouldn't I be better?  No sarcasm. ^

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 04:04:43 PM »

CRASH, as well.

No one had clarified that changing color of your models was hacking at that time. Im sure almost everyone used them at that time too, lol.

Sprinkle

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »
I got yelled at for using solid glowbright skins back in 2000 or so, and was told it was cheating, but I think that was posted on the old forums..  its just common sense.
Anything used/modified that will give you any kind of advantage, outside what is already provided in the game, is/would be considered cheating.

Don't you ever listen to your mother kate?  If someone jumps off of a bridge, it doesn't mean you should too.

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »
...he has to go ban people that are just being smart...

As Jitspoe has said, only smart people don't get caught. How can he help it if you and your friends just aren't smart (that's stupid, isn't it?)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »
If someone jumps off of a bridge, it doesn't mean you should too.
I did that when I was a kid.  Sprained my ankle.  True story. :-\

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »
I think the textures looked pretty sexy?  I made my game back to normal by uninstalling and reinstalling if that helps?  :P

Nice try but I think you should just take your ban.  It really is your fault that you posted screen shots.  It's not like jitspoe did something really unfair, you just simply  turned yourself in.  Maybe this time you won't talk on irc about how much you own me  for your whole ban. 

See ya in 64 days.

Action

• PGP
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:46 PM »
WOW he made a few things black.Dang thats really bad man ppl in this game are babies.You people flip out over the little things.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 07:08:31 PM »

Nice try but I think you should just take your ban.  It really is your fault that you posted screen shots.  It's not like jitspoe did something really unfair, you just simply  turned yourself in.  Maybe this time you won't talk on irc about how much you own me  for your whole ban. 

See ya in 64 days.
HaRdCoRe!

Yeah, well I think this whole thing is hilarious, because about 75% of this game does it.  Why don't you go into peoples accounts, and see what they have modded.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 07:23:43 PM »
First of all, if we know edited some of his textures, he most likely edited all of them.  You do have a point though, even when he used his modified textures he wasn't very good at DP.  Hell, even when he wallhacked he wasn't good at DP.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »
It's really quite simple: modifying game content in order to be able to see enemy players better is cheating.  This was spelled out when you posted screenshots of your modified textures previously.  The number of players cheating doesn't make it any less of a cheat.  "Other people do it" is not a valid excuse.  You might be surprised to discover that most people, in fact, don't cheat.  How many screenshots have you seen posted on the forums?  And how many had textures modified to see players better?  3?  4?  If I let those slide, I'm basically saying, "It's OK to cheat."  It's not.  There's currently not much client verification built into the game, but if you post a screenshot of yourself cheating, then you will be banned.