Author Topic: mapping  (Read 11302 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: mapping
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 02:33:01 PM »
Um... not really sure what you're discribing there...

Are you just doing export | qbsp?  Do you have all the directories set up properly like is instructed with the txt file?

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 06:15:29 PM »
i have tried all the dif bsps final compile.bat and all the others same thing im pretty shure i have the directories set up properly, i have tried compiling the sample map they give you and that works ist just my map i was working on.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 08:20:01 PM »
Hm, well it might be caused by a leak.  If you have a "hole" in your map, or an entity on the outside, it'll mess things up.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 08:50:59 PM »
hmmm ok i will look for a leak does the leak check thing work?
**EDIT** i just looked for a leak no leaks. do you think it might have somthing to do with the world spawn? you know what i can see all my other tex find im gonna try to see if i can set a reg tex (non sky) and see if it works
when i load the map it says cant load file such and such (somthing about env) then it loads maybe it has somthing to do with a environment tex?
**EDIT** hey i made another room with a sky tex just to see if it had somthing to do with my map or the tex and it worked find no error at all. maybe when i was working on my flag i messed up the world spawn is that possible? could the world spawn mess with env tex? if its set wronge? if it is could you tell me what i world spawn should say? mine says "spawnflags" - "256" looking at that i think thats what it is.
**EDIT** ok i fixed my world spawn I CAN SEE MY SKY TEX AGAIN ME SO HAPPY :D but im still getting that error when i try to bsp it but it does not seem to cause any probs
**FINAL EDIT** its gone i fixed the world spawn and i was not getting the error when the map was loading cant find such and such so i put the sky back in to see if it worked and i could see the sky again i think i had a leak but when i put the sky brush back in i fixed the leak at the same time :D thnx for all the help jit i owe you sooooo much.
ok after looking into the prob it was a leak i feal so stupid i got 10 min of sleep last night cause i was trying to fix it and it ended up being a leak.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 11:31:12 PM by Excalibur »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2004, 02:53:23 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:07:44 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 01:48:56 AM »
#pbmappers, #DPmappers, #DPMA, #level_design... can't we just have 1 mapping channel? :(

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 07:28:23 AM »
For sure, sketch your map out, even if you draw like poop, it doesn't matter. Draw it out, plan it out. Make notes. Hopefully we will eventually stem the tide of 2 hour POS 2 room maps.

Leg1t

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 07:36:08 PM »
nm im not gonna use quark any more i got raident working for q2 and i know that editor. ok i got a friend that dont like raident (or it wont work for him) and he wants to use quark but he is getting the same error thing i was getting and i dont know how to fix it can you help me so i can help him?
"QuArK could not execute this or these programs. you must be shure they are installed on your system and then enter the path to them in the configuration dialog box. Do you want to enter the path now ?"  i got the build tools and extracted them but when i put the path into the quark it says the same thing.

im trying to get him to use qeradient but its not working on his computer if he can only get that it would all fall into place and work fine.   about time i got him to use radient i had to email it to him but it works fine now.

Can u givce me a config box cus i donwloaded the bsp with paintball2 support from here and i wen i finished everything the entitties and all it said and it cant find maps/inprogress/mymap.bsp but wen i open my recent map files it only lets me open .map files and i cant campile anything or exprt anything and i cant find the onfig box for the path please help me..!!!! do u think maybe i could somehow send u the map file and u can post it but ill give u my accnt for the MOMENT so i get cred for my map please and ty:)

Leg1t

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
Um... not really sure what you're discribing there...

Are you just doing export | qbsp?  Do you have all the directories set up properly like is instructed with the txt file?
[/quote]Can u givce me a config box cus i donwloaded the bsp with paintball2 support from here and i wen i finished everything the entitties and all it said and it cant find maps/inprogress/mymap.bsp but wen i open my recent map files it only lets me open .map files and i cant campile anything or exprt anything and i cant find the onfig box for the path please help me..!!!! do u think maybe i could somehow send u the map file and u can post it but ill give u my accnt for the MOMENT so i get cred for my map please and ty:)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
You don't wrote a doublepost in a topic from 2004, right

Leg1t

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
Well now i do so could u help me? This is my map i knw there alot of problems its my first map and i am so excited to even play with all the bugs andf excrement so pleasssssssseeeeeeee

Leg1t

• PGP
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Well now i do so could u help me? This is my map i knw there alot of problems its my first map and i am so excited to even play with all the bugs andf excrement so pleasssssssseeeeeeee
Donwload the .zip file i think cus i put this in both its original state wen it was map and i also have it in bsp form which i just put .bsp on the end and it chnaged it to bsp

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 07:24:35 AM »
Sry, I don't understand your problem ???

But you should have a look at the sticky topics here to make playable maps (the first 12 topics):
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?board=5.0

Maybe this tutorial files could help you, too.
Tutorial .map file
Tutorial .bsp file

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »