Author Topic: Can I limit the game to 2 teams on my server? I keep getting "need more teams"  (Read 1425 times)

CyberWizard

• PGP
I have got the server to work but how can i make it so that there are only two teams?.  It keeps telling me that i need more teams.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:06:26 AM by webhead »

bug

• 68 Carbine
Re: dedicated server
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:17:22 AM »
If it's telling you that it needs more teams, it's because there already ARE only two teams. It's telling you that you 'need more' because you're the only player on the server, and it takes two to tango.

CyberWizard

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »
Thanks bug but maybe I didnt make my problem clear enough. I have two machines on my network, one is running the server and I also join the game with this one. The other machine I use to join it as well, so I do have two players.  The problem is that when i join one of them always starts as red or blue but the other will start as white, I can correct this by selecting auto assign team each time on the white but at the end of the round a message comes up saying "need more teams"  Am I being stupid or am I doing something wrong

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 02:12:01 PM »
Is it switching him to white after each round?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »
It's probably putting one of the "players" on observer for being idle.  You can set "idle" to 0 to disable it, but make sure you re-enable it for any kind of public server, because having an idler stuck on your team is no fun.

CyberWizard

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 07:23:14 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give it a try