Author Topic: cannons that launch func_objects  (Read 1009 times)

SmackWaters

• VM-68
cannons that launch func_objects
« on: October 08, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »
OK, I have a cannon set up that will launch func_objects. It has a trigger_push entity to shoot the objects. Well, i want you to be able to shoot it multiple times, but so far I've tried setting the func_objects to spawn by a button, and I've tried killing the target, then spawning it. Killing the target just deleted it off the map, so i couldn't spawn it again, and the button would only spawn it once. I also tried using a target_spawner, but it can't spawn func_objects because they are seed brush entities. . I wanted to know if there was a way to spawn the same func_object multiple times, otherwise my cannon will only shoot once, and that's no fun. By the way, these cannons are simply for decoration, but i think they are cool, and would be fun in a map.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:15:52 PM by SmackWaters »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: cannons that launch func_objects
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »
Wait... Dunc_objects are affected by trigger_pushes? Anyway, the only way to do this would be to do a Dunc_spawner (or whatever they're called) But you can only do that with point-based entities. So you can't, unless the Dunc_object has some kind of respawning property I'm unaware of.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:12:26 PM »
well, i can do it by having several buttons each spawning a different object, but, then you have a limited ammo.

i think i need to call jitspoe for this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:17 PM »
I don't know, honestly.  I've never tried to spawn a func_object before.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:15:23 PM »
heh, i didnt get the multiple spawns to work, but i did get the guns to shoot darts that actually kill people! check this out!