Author Topic: Clans and Teamspeak  (Read 12260 times)

Belmont

• Stingray
Re: Clans and Teamspeak
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 03:23:39 PM »
Ok, seeing how only 1 person gets the idea behind this post, why don't we just drop it.

I've been overruled.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »
Well, there's no real way to stop people from using voice communication.  Hell, even if you did some really fancy program that scanned the memory for various voice communication programs (which would be extremely difficult to write and easy for people to get around), it wouldn't stop people in the same room or using the phone.  Simple fact of the matter is: many people will do anything they can to get an advantage.  Only way to stop them is to disable it completely.  Unfortunately you can't rely on people to play fair.  You have to make it impossible to not play fair.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 04:26:21 PM »
LOCKED CHASECAM ON YOUR OWN TEAM!

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 05:47:23 PM »
Jitspoe, I hope everybody that uses voice recon reads that post.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 10:48:19 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:22:39 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:22:36 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 02:12:57 AM »
Locked chasecam works with the q2 version.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 05:50:19 AM »
then make it work for pball.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 06:08:35 AM »
It does.

ooh, 210 posts. ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 06:09:42 AM by jitspoe »

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 06:49:15 AM »
Bel, my post had the same point as jitspoes you roosterbag. People, will, and always find a way to gain the advantage of using other programs. I mean, think about it. How are you going to eliminate teamspeak? It is impossible. Nobody here manufactures the programs that people use for voice communication. Thus, they cannot be elminated. As for making servers chase your team only. I highly doubt any of the servers would actually comply with that. Clans have been adapted to dead man recon for the longest time. The result of doing this would be whiners, and more whiners. Hell, people were getting pissed at me because I had flood control on the paintdepot server's and they couldn't constant recon. And there is no point in putting them on paint depot, because then nobody would want to play on them. Nobody does in the first place ;)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2004, 07:44:37 AM »
Thats the wrong attitude.  You just do whats write and people will whine for a bit, but then get over it and come around.  And those who dont, intercourse em.  Dont need em, cuz those are obviously the people who spam and cheat the most in the first place.

I think the main point is that in matches we should have locked chacecam.  You could do whatever you want on a public server, actually its probably better letting people chasecam, cuz its more fun and you might learn something from watching other people play.  But matches should have a different standard, which will hopefully be designed by this commitee thingee.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2004, 08:15:49 AM »
"Anyways, removing dead man recon would have no affect on anything."

Xile, my first point was proven to be.. insignificant to the problem.  What you were talking about right there ^^ I have idea about.  We've been discussing ways of eliminating dead man recon altogether.  i.e. what RoyalBlood said, "Its using it while chase-camming the other team that gives a team an unfair advantage."  Thats all i had every hoped to get out of this post.  Thats where teamspeak needs to be stopped.

Agreed Royalblood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 08:17:20 AM by Belmont »

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2004, 03:16:31 PM »
I don't know what the big deal is about using teamspeak. Its not like we are the only ones who use its. For example, i've found out recently that cP uses ventrillo which is the exact same thing as teamspeak. Also, Xp uses teamspeak. So I don't know what the big fuss is all about. So I suggest you stop being such a hypocryte. One final thought, why don't you try using teamspeak and figure out how "easy" it is to use during a match.

Doze

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2004, 03:29:16 PM »
Honestly, you need to shut up already. =P

All games of any sort now-a-days involve voice recon in some way. Welcome to the future of online gaming. If you don't like it, leave.. Also, personally I think that mm2 recon is a lot more effective then volce recon. I can't speak for all clans, but even when we (eR33t) are on ts2, 99% of the time we're reconning with mm2.

If we do use ts2 (which is rare), we use it just for the fun of laughing/having a conversation while playing dp, since sometimes DP can get pretty boring. =P

Also.. I'd like to point out the fact that belmont, dew, and dirtytaco live together, and put their computers beside eachother when they're matching... yet he's the one sitting here complaining about voice recon. Funny. I even thought dew was wallhacking last match because he ALWAYS knew what corner, barrel, etc. we were at the second he jumped into our base. Then I found out that him and dirtytaco had their pc's right beside eachother, which made sense.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2004, 03:30:24 PM »
teamspeak is fine. if an enemy comes up the main way and kills you, you should be able to say "INCOMING MIDDLE!" to your team. the real problem is observing. chasecamming the other team and telling your team where they are isn't fair. so, there should be a locked chasecam on your team!

Doze

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2004, 03:54:37 PM »
How is it not fair all of a sudden.. Why has it been fair for the last 5 years? I have never heard people complain about it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 03:54:52 PM by Doze »

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2004, 05:51:39 PM »
Digi,
First of all, and let me clarify this for all of you... DirtyTaco and I are the only ones that live together.  Also, we live in different rooms in a huge house... we don't room recon.  This whole week is spring break for us, I'm not in town, so I haven't been playing dp.  However, Dew and DirtyTaco matched you (eR33t) while sitting right next to each other.  Now, I'm not saying that I've NEVER done this before, because I have... and the only reason they do that, is to try to beat you (eR33t).

Also, I've decided that trying to fight with you guys (and everybody in dp for that matter) will get me nowhere.  So my alternative is to design and make a map that is so utterly confusing, that you won't know how to voice recon it.

How 'bout them apples.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2004, 06:04:44 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:22:30 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2004, 06:08:09 PM »
/me stands behind DirtyTaco

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2004, 06:32:12 PM »
Other advantages? I would like to know what these other advantages are. On a second note, we were already owning every clan we played before we even discovered/used teamspeak, so I don't see why you guys must consist on arguing.