_
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:43:23 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:27:45 AM by P!nk »

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »
Pretty interesting idea.  I think you should just start a new topic on this because it will probably get a lot of feedback.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 01:32:17 PM »
P!nk - Why would anyone want to fund such a server much less have to babysit it.  Simply put NOONE should have to waste a second of their time dealing with idiots that choose to use hacks to play the game.  It's enough of an inconvenience to Jitspoe, the server owners and admins to have to deal with fools like this.  I wouldn't think of worrying about giving offenders a place to play fun or not...

The dark punishment of global banishment from the game for hackers is a just reward.  Anything else would be a total waste of time unless you're seriously bored in which case I suppose you could run this prototype server on your own machine...  It'll be HeLL in {DP JAIL}  Feed the inmates Warden P!nky j/k  ;D

Eiii

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
You wouldn't have to babysit it. That's partially the point. It's kind of a cool idea, but I think it's too complicated. You'd just see hackers that want to play again idling in there to decrease their ban, and hackers who hate the game hacking in there because it's somewhere to hack.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »
First of all who says it has to be a funded high speed server?  Why not have someone run a slow cable server.  I think P!NK meant the point of this server was to make them realize how bad they miss real DP.  The server would lag, have terrible maps, gun freeze after 2 shots, have 4903920 elim time, friendly fire, 2000 gravity, and tons of annoying things that no DP player would want to play with.  As to the part of being able to get your ban shortened, I don't agree with that.  If they hack on this server they get a ban expansion, and if they do it again they are banned from this server too.  I think it's an overall good idea, but just a lot of stuff to work out.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:27:41 AM by P!nk »

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 04:25:35 PM »
Alright I understand now, and when I think of how you just explained it I kinda like it.  If they don't hack they can slowly work their way into a shorter ban period.  I agree with the game suggestion, but maybe 7 is a little high of a number.  When you say 7 games, do you mean 7 maps?  With the settings we suggested, I'm guessing most maps would go the full 20 minutes.  Thats 2 hours and 20 minutes NOT including the time in between rounds.  That might be a little too much time on this server which would basically be like DP hell.

Eiii

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 05:07:15 PM »
Iii: they would have to play 3 games to count as a day less of the global ban, if they got switched to observer for more than 30 seconds for one of these games, that game wouldn't count toward their total of 3 games. Should they play for more than 3 games, it wouldn't count, there would be the limit of 3 games per day to decrease the ban by one day. And they can hack in there all they want if they want to extend their ban, if you ask me, wouldn't that make them less likely to evade their bans? And even if they did, if it automatically banned them it wouldn't be a problem.

Solution: macro that presses the forward key.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:27:38 AM by P!nk »

Eiii

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »
But they wouldn't be idling. They'd be moving forward. An people will be moved to observer all the time if the idletime is 'extremely short', as you say. This really would be more hassle than it's worth. Fun idea, but I don't think it's useful at all.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 05:57:38 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:27:35 AM by P!nk »

loial21

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 09:06:37 PM »
Anti-newb / pro-cheats?

All,
I personally feel that in the past Jitspoe's has been too forgiving for his mods sake. Look at cheating. Its not rampant but is riddled with aliases acting like asses and repeating cheaters. Most of whom are one in the same. Who here condones or using any means to gain an unfair advantage  ?? Don't you want the community to grow in a positive manor? Saying to cheaters go and play here and earn your way back amounts to you. 

Lets put cheating in the game in to context. In a sense I don't see the difference between a child molester and a cheater or someone using an aliases to cause grief. You can not and I repeat "CAN NOT" treat or trust these people. They have urges you can not control, subdue or cure. PROVE ME WRONG
Just one logical expample of one successful game that does this, please. JUST ONE I BEG YOU.

Once caught cya! Cheaters and griefers molest the fun from this game and worse chase off new players. Is that what you want DP community? To allow the molestation of others's fun? For the sake of being fair to cheaters? Wow thats an oxymoron "fair to cheaters" In all honesty that like sounds like one of two things :

1. Stockholm syndrome.
2. You condone cheaters being allowed the chance to cheat again.

Loial, it's nice to think you can give everyone the same advantages, but that's never going to happen.
WHAT! Its more than nice its needed to make the game grow. No offense but its almost as you want the new player to be handicapped. Why? Because you had to learn the hard way? Let me ask you this:

Why did you use tweaks? Because YOU WANTED THE SAME ADVANTAGE AS OTHER PLAYERS!. Darkness this not "Paintball for COUNTER-STRIKE !!!" Where you become more powerful via enhancements the more you play. Also, what makes a new player any different than you? Now or when you first started? You both deserve the same opportunity to learn and succeed. I dare someone to challenge this logic. This is fundamental for any competitive game and as a growing community this one of it's top priorities. Otherwise why have any GUI interface at all? See my point. Adding in FOV information and other small tweaks via GUI link does not hurt you or their than it Other than it gives another player the same advantage you take part in and that is just plain selfishness.

This mod is great, a small percentage of its players are so screwed up with elitism when it comes to fairness for all they don't care nor do they have a clue about a growing  gaming community. Players like this makes me sick with with their selfishness and lack of insight to comprehend why a level playing field is 100% needed to make a community grow.

I don't see what Jitspoe has against this stuff, no offense.
I cant speak for him, but I can speak from experience in help beta q2 / 4 WOD and AAO 1.7.
That is where he gets his stuff. DUDE ITS PROPER GAME DEVOLPMENT. He could care less about experienced players and their needs. Why? Because they can take care of them selfs. The new players are the ones we or at least I would like to see molded in to older players and say don't "intercourse THIS GAME AND IT STINGY VETS". That's what is happening. That is why some things needs to change and are. Global Login and Bans etc etc. Its about growing the community. Not pleasing the elite players 100%. Although to his credit he has Jitspoe has done a lot of this.

Eiii

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »
Lila, you did this with binds too. Stop acting like a different FOV setting can win or lose you the game. It can't. Nor can binds.

loial21

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »
EIII,

How did you come to such a completely incorrect conclusion? I never said that, nor would I. There are a lot of factors involving a win or a loss. I know this and you know this.

I think what you meant to say but couldn't was this "Loial you and all others who make use of setting adjustments, believe that in some scenarios they can help in given situations. Which could be one of many un-arguable factors in a win or loss. THAT IS WHY THEY GET ADJUSTED because PLAYERS PERFER TO USE THEM TO THIER ADVANTAGE!!!!!

If going by your logic they don't help or more accurately they don't help you win. Then make a thread as to why they don't help and why some players don't deserve to use them and that they should be hardcoded. Then create a yes or no poll on "Should settings like FOV be hardcoded? After all they don't help you win."  Do you hear yourself now? That does not sound like your repsonce to me was very well thought out.

Which brings me to this.

I made several points and asked several questions. Not one bit of counter logic to anything. Do you complete agree with everthing I said then? Despite your answer, explain in detail why.

I am not the only game that feels this way. Ask around. Go to other important gaming sites. They feel that fairness above all is paramount. PROVE ME WRONG.

Stop baiting me with such ridicules statements and if you are going to respond to me in such a manor have some some class and do in it a PM. We talked about this privately.

You don't have to agree with a crusade for a fairness. But if you don't agree with someone prepair to explain why you feel differently.

In this case its approximately 90% of honest gamers. We don't like cheats or people who grief others for any reason. We also don't like having helpful information hidden from anyone. But what do you care you don't play ever and you would have perferred that I just hit ignore on the spell checker.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:34:32 AM by loial21 »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Server for Cheaters
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
Darkness:
"If they don't hack they can slowly work their way into a shorter ban period."

If they don't hack, they won't have a ban in the first place.

Pink: Your idea, while imaginative would simply be a waste of bandwidth but if you insist maybe the first prototype server will be on your machine.

It's as simple as this...  If a person is caught hacking he/she deserves the global ban of darkness.  I have no doubt that those who have been banned are well aware of what they are missing and if they wanted to play as bad as you might think, they would create their own server on their own machine rather than go to one that was created to tease them, or make them realize what they are missing.

If they don't hack they don't have to worry about a ban and why would they even deserve the chance to reduce their ban?

Clearly an imaginative idea but also a pointless one.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
Re: Server for Cheaters
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 03:45:06 PM »
Picasso, maybe if you read my post with the intent of trying to understand it instead of making me look bad, you would have realized what I meant.  I meant if they play on this 'Caught Cheater Server" and they hack on it then their ban will be lengthended.  If they hack again on it they are banned from this cheater server and have to wait out the rest of their ban time.  If they DON'T hack on the cheater server than they can work their way toward a shorter ban period. 

And I was joking about what your intent was.  :)

And Loial, just because someone is caught cheating doesn't mean we try to scare them off from the game.  Many people in this game have been caught cheating, but are now active and helpful in the community, I don't need to list any names as I'm sure you can think of them.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:27:32 AM by P!nk »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 04:18:42 PM »
No ill intent whatsoever...  I stand firmly by my Reply (#14) - Thanks for your opinion :)

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »
I like it. They will be reminded of what they cant do every time they play

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 07:08:03 PM »
Did it ever occur to you that hackers might not like the game?