Do you think it was staged?

Yes
11 (36.7%)
No
19 (63.3%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Moon landing conspiracy  (Read 11279 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Moon landing conspiracy
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
if it was fake there is no way that government would have allowed that video to air on fox... thats the main thing to think about..

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
Well I will add my 2 cents here.
Back in the late 70's while still in High School, I took several trips to observatories in California ( mount Wilson) that were set up to bounce laser light off the surface of the moon, hit a reflector placed there by an Apollo mission, and reflected back to earth to monitor variations in the moon's orbit.

Read More Here

As I was a first hand witness to these testing procedures at the observatory, I do believe that we have landed on the moon. But then I never doubted it to begin with.

What's great about this country is that everyone is allowed to have his or her own opinion on anything.  As long as no one belittles another about his or her beliefs or opinions, I will listen to what anyone has to say.

except....

anyone that doesn't want to see me in speedos....

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »
loial/picasso: both seem to be gun-toting conservatives and from the south. Both grew up when the moon landing actually happened and probably have fond memories of it bringing together the American society. No amount of evidence to the contrary would sway these two.

The only correct part of the above quote is that I was alive during the actual event.

For your information I have watched that video in full 2 X's from this forum and live on the FOX channel when this ridiculous conspiracy theory transpired.  I listened to both sides then, did a little research then came to the same conclusion that over 89% people polled came too that this was nothing more than an ignorant hoax.

Just for the sake of this forum post, I searched for sites that help explain why and how the moon landing conspiracy was just a hoax. This is but one conspiracy theory and there are 100s of websites that contradict it's validity.

Your analogy of me is quiet amusing and typical of a kid who doesn't take the time to think before he blurts out such baseless innuendos.

How you gather from this entire thread that I seem to be a gun-toting conservative from the south and that I cannot be swayed by evidence to the contrary is beyond me.  I was swayed by the preponderance of the evidence after researching both sides. Not sucked in by the single ridiculous theory

I did my homework chump and it's obvious by your seemingly "know it all" attempt at judging the users of this board rather than sticking to the subject matter at hand that you forgot to do yours.

The question is do you believe there was a conspiracy or not... Otherwise run along and go pass judgment elsewhere...

except....

anyone that doesn't want to see me in speedos....

Hilarious!!

Knack can I borrow your gun?? I only have a pellet gun for shooting squirrels...

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »
Lmao, picasso you're getting way to riled up buddy. It's clearly fake, I don't care about your stupid links. They wouldn't meddling edit video and put it on national television. If they did, I'm sure it would have been said somewhere. How can you even say the people in the videos don't know what they're talking about. I had never once thought of the moonlanding to be fake until I saw that show on fox a long time ago. I was young though, so I didn't really pay attention. Then I got interested in all of that stuff (space, etc) and I re-watched it. At that point I had some knowledge of the stuff and I agreed with everything said in the video. I found the evidence to be completely reassuring of a fake landing.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 01:54:18 PM »
In the famous words of Darkness I'll say "Nice Try" Skater...  I'm not riled up in the least.  The fact that you refer to the links I've taken the time to provide for you as "stupid" merely magnifies your stupidity 10 fold. I never said they edited the video.  You claim it's clearly a fake landing but you're too lazy, ignorant and obviously illiterate to take the time to do a little research, letting actual facts prove to you that you might be mistaken.  There are two sides to most stories but unless you're willing to look at ALL the evidence of both sides then you can't come to a fair conclusion.

If you're still convinced the mission was faked, you are of a tiny minority that does because the majority of people just aren't that gullible.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »
ORLY you can't sway my opinion like your alcohol sways yours LOZLOLZ

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:20 PM »
Hahahaha pure ignorance and immaturity... Impressive Shane.. Nice work...   ::)

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 02:48:37 PM »
i found the 3 astronauts who died in a simulator fire kind of suspicious.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »
As did I so I read up on it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1 then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1#Cause

Wiki is probably behind the conspiracy as well...  ;D

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 03:29:16 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:36:32 PM by IronFist »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:28:32 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 06:18:16 PM »
From what distance, exactly?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »
He's on the moon.  Wait, no.  He's viewing the moon.  And it's no celestial body.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »
Maybe he can find the flag and rover that other people can't seem to find. OH WAIT LOLZ ITS FAKE!!!

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »
wow Picasso, getting a little worked up there.

But I must say, I highly doubt you sat there and researched this for hours as you seem to portray, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 10:32:39 PM »
Its ok Doug, some posters have a clear agenda. Poorly educated personal assumptions on forum members.

Both grew up when the moon landing actually
  .. :o ...blinks... :o   TACO WHAT!
That is really old Taco, ancient infact for example thats like s8n / knackish old. I am more like a sexy young buck Derrek old. You really don't know me do you? How quaint.

No amount of evidence to the contrary would sway these two.
Is that a fact? Nope. Sounds like another lack of urgency to be correct when making a statement. I would be convinced if this was done correctly. Authentic documents do not exist with hand me down clips from the government during that or any period in recent history.

http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=3687.msg42186#msg42186

Doug Said :)
I never said they edited the video
Skater that was me bro. I said it was edited before they got it. The intelligence community ALWAYS alters sensitive content for asset protection before declassifying it. The reason was and is logical. That way certain facts are only known to a select few. Psst There was a thing called the cold war. Or so we were told.

There was no revolution, only revolutionaries.

Edit*

Lmao, Picasso you're getting way to riled up buddy.
Awe how cute baiting twins! How old are they?

-5 Originality or if you perfer Monkey see Monkey do.

But I must say, I highly doubt you sat there and researched this for hours as you seem to portray,
  I am so proud that you can doubt someone else and manage to completely avoid any counter logic to valid points made to contradict this footage. That must be really difficult and not easily done. Can you teach me to be a doubting thomas?

::) 

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 10:44:43 PM »
Speaking of getting worked up, Lila... :P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »
Touche  :-[ +   ;)

Well it needed to be pointed out that not one person could contradict Jitspoe's post. I also followed up why posts like that with out a helpful or educational point is well pointless.

For example in blue.

"You are this way" "Because I say so."  Wow any  justification or logic that helped you form such an obtuse opinion of a stranger. I perfer to get to know someone over time before I pass judgment. Assumptive statements need to be claimed as such and not a presented as facts. 

"I doubt you"  and? 

Several short examples of posts with no urgency to accuracy or class. 

Ps I am far from perfect. Thanks for pointing that out. Over and over and over and over and over and over :)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2006, 06:55:41 AM »

But I must say, I highly doubt you sat there and researched this for hours as you seem to portray, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

It didn't come close to hours and I never said it took hours... Don't even begin to think you know me that well...

Loial... Hahaha Reply #55 (baiting twins)  Well thought out post and accurate.  It's amazing how one can start a thread like this and so few offer any sort of a productive response to it's content.  They spend more time name calling, judging others, starting flamefests and mis-representing the facts at hand much like the idiots that came up with this conspiracy idea to begin with.  The only difference here is that many in this thread are incapable of carrying out an intelligent and mature conversation.

At least the original people who believed this to be a conspiracy in the first place weren't immature about it.  They attempted to make their points, many of which are very convincing however mis-guided they may have been and they voiced their beliefs with respect towards others.

Sadly they only convinced a tiny minority...

(Jitspoe the spell checker doesn't know the word towards)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 07:52:11 AM by PiCaSSo »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2006, 08:43:01 AM »
I haven't been immature at all until you started attacking me. Calling me ignorant and more. I made this thread to see peoples opinions about it, not to see your stupid rants about people being dumb for thinking its fake.