Do you think it was staged?

Yes
11 (36.7%)
No
19 (63.3%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Moon landing conspiracy  (Read 11287 times)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Re: Moon landing conspiracy
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 10:57:51 AM »
not to see your stupid rants about people being dumb for thinking its fake.

Rants???  I take the time to provide factual material to the contrary of this OLD conspiracy theory and you call that material stupid without even taking the time to go view it yourself.  The basis of all my replies to this thread are not to attack you and I'm not ranting. 

What makes anyone "ignorant" is blatantly accepting a theory like this based on one video without taking the time to research it a bit first.

It is as ignorant as the concept of "guilty until proven innocent"  It is an insult to those that took part in one of the greatest events of mankind to have to defend themselves against such an accusation.

If a person does not take the time to look at both sides to a story or in your case call the links I provided to the contrary of your beliefs without even taking the time to look at them "stupid" then that would make you "Ignorant"

ig•no•rant \"ig-n(e-)rent\ adjective (14c)
1   a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2   : unaware, uninformed
ig•no•rant•ly adverb
ig•no•rant•ness noun

Synonyms
ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, untutored, unlearned mean not having knowledge. ignorant may imply a general condition or it may apply to lack of knowledge or awareness of a particular thing <an ignorant fool> <ignorant of nuclear physics>. illiterate applies to either an absolute or a relative inability to read and write <much of the population is still illiterate>. unlettered implies ignorance of the knowledge gained by reading <an allusion meaningless to the unlettered>. untutored may imply lack of schooling in the arts and ways of civilization <strange monuments built by an untutored people>. unlearned suggests ignorance of advanced subjects <poetry not for academics but for the unlearned masses>.

(C)1996 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

Not a rant, Not an attack... Just a fact.

It is of my opinion that anyone who believes the moon landing was a fake, is a gullible, ignorant mis-guided fool.  If you take that as an attack I'm sorry but you asked for our opinions.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »
I think the fact that this is so unclear is actually quite great.  Not only do you all discuss in this board about this (to the game completely unrelated) stuff, but even in american highschools, this is a topic woth talking about :)
I remember taking US History classes and having a discussion about this topic there.  The teacher even provided us with tons of facts providing points pro and contra a fake, quite interesting thing to talk about, isn't it?  On the other hand, it doesn't really matter nowadays, but in the 70s, I bet this was a very important argument between the americans and the russians, as at that time, it was of high importance to show the world who is the technological leader (and the russians beat the americans into space).  :)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:28:29 AM by Dirty_Taco »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »
Interesting indeed b00n although I haven't found any information that there was an argument about this between America and Russia.  According to Wiki, -The first book dedicated to the subject, William Kaysing's self-published "We Never Went to the Moon: America's Thirty Billion Dollar Swindle" was released in 1974, two years after the Apollo moon flights had ceased.- 5 years after the moon mission.

The Russians beat us to outer space and we beat them to the Moon...  Seems like a ridiculous thing to worry about in my opinion.  Both required an abundant amount of intelligence and technical savvy.

At the time all I cared about was where in the hell was my bicycle and mmmm what was momma cookin that smelt so good!!

I wonder how much time loial spends trying to make his posts sounds intelligent.

With remarks like this, I wonder when your's will...  You're now 2 for 2 in this thread alone yet you haven't offered anything remotely close to your opinion of the actual subject matter.  Instead ONLY your judgments of the people replying to this thread.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 11:55:22 AM »
I highly doubt you sat there and researched this for hours
No need.  90+% of that video can be debunked simply by some common sense while you're watching it.  Explanations for the rest can be found within just a few minutes.

(Jitspoe the spell checker doesn't know the word towards)
The correct word is "toward".

Anyway, if you prefer videos, watch this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4166049933953240830&q=moon

Then explain how they supposedly staged all of that.  I'd like to hear the conspiracy theory explanation from about 9:20 to 11:30.

Notice at 16:05, once the flag is securely planted, it does not move at all.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »
1to•ward \"to(-e)rd, "to(-e)rd\ adjective [ME toward, fr. OE toweard facing, imminent, fr. to, prep., to + -weard -ward] (bef. 12c)
1   also to•wards \"to(-e)rdz, "to(-e)rdz\ [ME towardes, fr. OE toweardes, prep., toward, fr. toweard, adj.] a : coming soon : imminent
b : happening at the moment : afoot
2   a obs : quick to learn : apt
b : propitious, favoring <a toward breeze>

(C)1996 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

#1. also towards

Do I need a new dictionary this one is 10 years old? LOL

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
The US spelling "toward".  "towards" is just thrown in there as an "also" because so many people spelled it wrong (mostly in Britan, I think). ;)

Edit: Meh, whatever.  Keep going forwards with your weird spelling variations, but I can't add anything to the dictionary.  I wonder if "theatre" is in there.  Nope.  It's because it's using US English.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
1the•ater or the•atre \"the-e-ter, "thi-e-, oftenest in Southern "the-'a- also the-"a-\ noun [ME theatre, fr. MF, fr. L theatrum, fr. Gk theatron, fr. theasthai to view, fr. thea act of seeing; akin to Gk thauma miracle] (14c)
1   a : an outdoor structure for dramatic performances or spectacles in ancient Greece and Rome
b : a building for dramatic performances
c : a building or area for showing motion pictures
2   : a place or sphere of enactment of usu. significant events or action <the theater of public life>
3   a : a place rising by steps or gradations <a woody theater of stateliest view — John Milton>
b : a room often with rising tiers of seats for assemblies (as for lectures or surgical demonstrations)
4   a : dramatic literature : plays
b : dramatic representation as an art or profession : drama
5   a : dramatic or theatrical quality or effectiveness
b : spectacle 1a

Watching your last video...  Brings back a lot of memories...  seems I've seen this one in elementry school, science...  Good stuff and good job finding it.  Thanks

- I found the part where they are placing medals in honor of Russian astronauts along with those of our own astronauts who had died in their efforts to go to outerspace quiet compelling.  A mission of mankind for PEACE was demonstrated and the samples they brought back analyzed by many other countries.  No arguments or doubts came from any of them to my knowledge.

Then 5 years later this conspiracy is born?

Very educational stuff...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 12:49:01 PM by PiCaSSo »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »
True.  If they never went to the moon, where did the hundreds of pounds of moon rocks come from?

Also, in all the moon videos, watch how clouds of dust are kicked up by the lunar lander, astronauts running around, etc.  Oh, wait.  There aren't any.  The dust falls immediately back to the surface since there's no atmosphere.  Compare that to dust on earth.

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »
I am so proud that you can doubt someone else and manage to completely avoid any counter logic to valid points made to contradict this footage. That must be really difficult and not easily done. Can you teach me to be a doubting thomas?

Who said I was disagreeing with him, I was just stating the fact that he seems to want everyone to think he sat there and researched this for hours.

But maybe that was your attempt at an insult.  :-\

Not just because....  And I wasn't fooled because I have taken the time to research this.  I suggest any fool that believes the above hoax get off their asses and do the same.
The footage is original...  the commentary is not...  I'll leave you with your research.
Good lord some of you are so lazy... do some research good gawd.
Go find your own sites... Research it a bit... don't be so lazy!!!
I did my homework chump

And why are you copying a bunch of definitions... links would suit the situation just fine.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 02:49:07 PM »
Who said I was disagreeing with him, I was just stating the fact that he seems to want everyone to think he sat there and researched this for hours.

Another blind interpretation.  You assume too much and still offer nothing to the actual subject at hand.  Why would I give a dam if readers knew how long I took to research anything...  You're just runnin at the mouth and nothing but hot air is coming out. 

Try learning basic reading comprehension and don't waste our time assuming you know anything about me.

Again stick to the subject at hand and if you can't handle that then you need to move on.

All I've tried to do is get some of the readers in this thread to go do their own research...  It's obvious to me that you have a comprehension problem because through all mine as well as many other's replies in this thread, you're too IGNORANT to get it...

And why are you copying a bunch of definitions... links would suit the situation just fine.

I pasted many links earlier in this thread but they clearly didn't suit you now run along little kiddie...  You're annoying

Oh hell I'm riled now!! LOL  ;D

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »
True.  If they never went to the moon, where did the hundreds of pounds of moon rocks come from?

Ummm, you ought to see all the darn rocks my dawgs dig up.

unF!!!

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 03:22:19 PM »
And old speedos...  Ewwwww :P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »
Mooo-n Bad!!! Earth Good!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 07:23:41 PM »
Also, in all the moon videos, watch how clouds of dust are kicked up by the lunar lander, astronauts running around, etc.  Oh, wait.  There aren't any.  The dust falls immediately back to the surface since there's no atmosphere.  Compare that to dust on earth.

Theeeeeeeere isssssssssss atmosphereeeee onnnnnnnnn theeeeeeeee moooooooon. Just not very much.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »
Theeeeee Moooon ALMOST haaaaaaas an atmosphereeeeeeeee...

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/earth/moon/lunar_atm.html&edu=elem

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2006, 11:04:25 PM »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2006, 10:33:08 AM »
I do believe there are molecules of mass in the form of gas on the moons surface. If not I can simply go there and fart and still be correct.  :o

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

The lunatic is in my head.  >:(

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »
All dark all the time??

Doesn't it have a day and a night just like earth does um sometimes? LOL  Only it gets a hell of a lot hotter during the day and a hell of a lot colder at night?

Mean surface temperature (day)   107°C
Mean surface temperature (night)   -153°C
Maximum surface temperature   123°C
Minimum surface temperature   -233°C

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »
It seems to be a sort of normative standard that dissenting views about traditional 'values' always hold sway in younger minds (unless of course they've been brainwashed).
...and that is something very positive. Sometimes people forget to doubt the things they hear (from other people/people with more authority than others), read (newspaper/Books), see (TV), etc. because they take it as something "NATURAL".