Author Topic: Paintball II Clanning  (Read 9944 times)

Belmont

• Stingray
Paintball II Clanning
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:29:06 AM »
I know this topic has been posted before, but right now this is the one of the things PB2 is lacking.  I know there are a lot of things that make PB2 an active mod, and a better community. However, clanning has been one of the biggest, if not the biggest contributions toward activeness in PB2.  

Active clans:
#Team_eR33t
#Type-R

Maybe I don’t get around, but those two are the only clans that seem to be matching now days.

We need to show people that there are active, matching clans in the community, not just publicize the mod on the web.

Help me out here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 09:35:40 AM by Belmont »

Xile

• VM-68
Re: Paintball II Clanning
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 02:51:15 PM »
Well, most clans right now are new, and are not ready for matches with old school people. To them, its not fun to get ownt all the time, so they play with people on their own skill level. cK for instance.

Im sure the matching will pickup eventually.

maybe we can create some kind of ladder in the near future or something? place clans in categories depending on skill. So they have some kind of idea who they can play and have a good game with, and not just go 0-50 everytime.

Just a thought.
-Xile
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:52:02 PM by Xile »

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 04:04:20 PM »
Well, if there are, then they should be known~

Post your clan channel so people know who you are.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 04:04:36 PM by Belmont »

tomvendetta

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »
Yea there are plenty of people willing to start clans and be in clans but these are mostly the newer players like myself and most of the [ck] members, we mainly started CK because we wanted to be able to have fun while increasing our skill level. When we got done doing a 2v2 with the former KREW guys Xile stayed in the server a little longer and taught us a few tricks, I think I'm getting better but know that I'm know where near being as good as er33t and pd or anyone else I think I've kinda went off topic here but I geuss its just to let everyone know that we acknowledge that we (ck) are not the best squad but are trying...

[ck]thec0mbat
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 05:31:19 PM by tomvendetta »

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:36 PM »
Anytime u want any pointers just ask  ;D
I know im nowhere near good, but i can still help ya out a bit =]

Blue

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 04:40:35 PM »
a pb ladder, uh oh, here comes fergie...

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 08:39:12 AM »
with three teams, from what i can tell so far, a ladder's probly not the best thing to do right now.
Since we're on the topic of clans, I need ppl's opinions, if you're or not interested etc.
I've recently started to play a little more, getting the feel back for the game. I've spoken to OveRBuRN (for those of you remember him, he also went by the name of Synn) about the possibility of restarting our old clan sP. Personally I think i'd be a great idea but of course we need members. If your interested in possibly joining our team, if we do re-start it, just post a reply. If you think it's a bad idea, then again, post a reply. I'm just trying to get feedback so that I know if it's worth it because I don't want to start up another team that'll just die off in the matter of weeks.
Thanks,
-MeRL

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 11:12:58 AM »
#team_coldfusion is active, time is a factor for most of us but we've been playing about 1 match a day.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 12:59:57 PM »
sP clan i remember them when i first starting play pb yea i would join if you guys start it back up. i think my name was insane or pysco back then i cant really remember.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 07:56:42 PM »
Theres probably a lot of clans that are active or could be.  Theres a lot of people who played in those first few years who are older now and just dont have as much time as they used to.  If you can match once a week regularly, thats active.  So what we need is a well runned and regularly updated clan site to list who's out there.  Promote the community more.  Some of the better or old school clans need to set an example on how to match and operate as a clan.  Get a website with your clan information and match results (and keep it up to date!)  You know, stuff like that.  We need to get back in the habit of the scheduled match.

I dont know about anyone else, but in the first year of DP, I hardly remember ever matching without scheduling it ahead of time.  And if you didnt keep up-to-date records and match results with screenshots, most people didnt take you seriously.  You didnt match 10 times a week.  Matches meant more.  It was an honor just to get the chance to play one of the top teams.  There was an unwritten but generally understood and accepted standard for clanning and matching.  And that is why DP was so great back then.

Theres no reason we cant do that again now.  The game is so much better and more polished now.  (Remember the mass-overflows in the beta days?)  Anyone who is serious about it (and you dont have to let the game take over your life to be serious, thats not what im talking about) should check themselves and start getting in a better habit of clanning the right way.  Lets face it, the game  might have its ups and downs, sometimes you have a lot of active players, somtimes you dont, but through all that you have a pretty decent sized community of hardcore DP players that should be enough to have organized leagues and tournaents and ladders or rankings.  It would be so much more fun that way.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 07:57:10 PM by RoyalBlood »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 09:57:24 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:23:02 AM by Dirty_Taco »

slayer

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 04:49:15 AM »
my name in the game is slayer i am looking to start a clan to play on the weekend tournaments.  I will make a website could possiably get a dedicated server if any one wishes to join and have fun drop me a msg psychobmxb@yahoo.com or AIM:streetgarb or MSN psychobmxb@hotmail.com

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 07:15:38 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking my statistics idea could play a key role here.  There really needs to be some sort of policing authority, even if it's automated, to have control here so people will take it more seriously.  I could maybe even have the server record serverside demos and upload them to the website as well as have the clients automatically take screenshots -- help make certain everyone plays fairly.

Remember when we had pballcentral?  And there'd be news updates and commentary on each clan match?  It'd be nice to have those days back again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 07:17:32 AM by jitspoe »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 11:40:34 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:22:59 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 08:24:23 PM »
i second

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 03:32:33 AM »
Will do.  It's going to take some time to set up, though.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 03:41:54 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:22:56 AM by Dirty_Taco »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 06:45:18 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:08:34 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 08:41:10 PM »
It's very difficult to fake md5 sums by tweaking the file.  They use a really complex algorithm.  It's not just bytes added together like a checksum, so the "fingerprint" isn't really necessary.  The hard part is ensuring that people don't modify the exe to return any md5 value they want.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2004, 09:19:46 AM »
Jits,
Automatic screenshots would be killer.
That would be a worthwhile update for everybody in the dp clanning community.