Do u think that there should be a new Sazz map

Yes
20 (39.2%)
No
26 (51%)
Maybe
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: New Shazz map please  (Read 20221 times)

qQwaR

• PGP
Re: New Shazz map please
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
Q MOE Wouldnt it be great if theý dont play airtime, shazam33 and jump all the time?^^

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »

Q MOE Wouldnt it be great if theý dont play airtime, shazam33 and jump all the time?^^

If a clan were so inclined they could fix that problem. They could just run a server that would play those (and propaint1) all the time. 

Then whoever is left could play match maps on the other servers.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
I WIL MAK A REMAK 2 SHAZUM OK??????

How quaint. Umm yeah 1999 and AOL have called they want their fun back. So old its sad. Get a clue its 2006 err 7.

HELLFIRE: Please slowly back away from the DP forums. Thank you.
Stop avoiding it. I guess you are scared you cant do any better than UNI? That I thought impossible until now. Either you make it or someone else will make it worse. Either way stop being such a pansy the choice is yours. Whatever chikenator proof is you lack of trying and mocking. You have the means do something about it, instead of acting like your still in jr high. GG eastwood.

all of the shazam maps suck. i can only tolerate shaz22. that's my opinion of course
Good for you what about a Shazam that would low away 22 or 33 or whatever? Would you then object? If you liked it, I doubt you would. Try answering with that in mind.

shazam maps are horrible!! There are only 3 spots you have to line and you will basically win. It needs to be taken off pubs servers because everytime i look at the server list its shazam33.
Seriously think about it. Every map has at least 2 or 3 of those points. Would you like a demonstration? If not its called tactics, look it up before you blurt out "meh the spray!! meh!!" Consider this. You are welcomed to avoid the spray. ITS THAT DAM EASY! ...NEXT!!

I personally feel if you cant play and enjoy the game despite map you have played to long and instead of adding something that takes thought, they are sucking the fun out of the mod like bloated leeches that wont let go of something good.

Besides if you don't like the map just simply shut the intercourse up and don't play it. No need to act like you are being violated and cry like a meddling baby about it. Or that what even more funny, some how you are better than the map. WHAT THE intercourse HAHA! Better than a map. IS that how you define your existence? LOL ok champs!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2006, 10:18:05 PM »
HELLFIRE: Please slowly back away from the DP forums. Thank you.
Stop avoiding it. I guess you are scared you cant do any better than UNI? That I thought impossible until now. Either you make it or someone else will make it worse. Either way stop being such a pansy the choice is yours. Whatever chikenator proof is you lack of trying and mocking. You have the means do something about it, instead of acting like your still in jr high. GG eastwood.

...This logic makes no sense. So, what you're saying is that he is ONLY not making another shazam map because he is afraid that Uni's will be better than his?
Also, you're saying that the only way to prevent other people making crappy remakes is to remake it yourself. Yeah, I'm tired of people making crappy 'speedball' maps, so I'll just remake blitz and they'll all stop.

I'm trying to figure out what the intercourse you're thinking here.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:24 PM »
So, what you're saying is that he is ONLY not making another shazam map because he is afraid that Uni's will be better than his?
Not at all. Saying he is afraid, which clearly he is not (how could he be?) was my attempt at a well intended taunt. Nothing personal or factual about that. Matter of fact I owe him an apology. That is not my way.

Also, you're saying that the only way to prevent other people making crappy remakes is to remake it yourself.
By George I think you are getting the gist of it. Yes one way to prevent the next Shaz from being crap would be to have an excellent map maker create it. That is about as logical as I can summate. ;)

I'm trying to figure out what the intercourse you're thinking here.
You are? With that in mind....
"...I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me care, right now, you like me care!"  :-*

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2006, 11:29:15 PM »
Also, you're saying that the only way to prevent other people making crappy remakes is to remake it yourself.
By George I think you are getting the gist of it. Yes one way to prevent the next Shaz from being crap would be to have an excellent map maker create it. That is about as logical as I can summate. ;)

So then the mappers will say, 'Wow, that map is good. We shouldn't make any more clones of it.'

Right?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2006, 01:20:44 AM »
Clone? Look some of the examples below, hardly clones.

Well it seems as though the trend has now turned from sandtrap,Arctic,in-dune (from 2002-03) to airtime and airtime duex, shaz33, pp1 (at present).

Notice the growth from 1 level 1/  path maps to multilevel trick jumping maps? I have, its hard to miss the migration of tastes lately.

Sadly classics like Midnight 1&2, Palmtree Series even Antioch 1,2 and 3 never get the time nor attention they deserve.

Thus we have maps with quick action and less thinking, being used as Public requests and match maps. I am personally ok with any type of map. Some people have issues, i can respect that. But to discount something that has not even been made is not a very informed opinion.

All I am asking is to make one that is balanced for all tastes without overcomplicating, try to make it familiar looking and tag it with shaz.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2006, 01:35:40 AM »
Clone? Look some of the examples below, hardly clones.

Well it seems as though the trend has now turned from sandtrap,Arctic,in-dune (from 2002-03) to airtime and airtime duex, shaz33, pp1 (at present).

Notice the growth from 1 level 1/  path maps to multilevel trick jumping maps? I have, its hard to miss the migration of tastes lately.

Sadly classics like Midnight 1&2, Palmtree Series even Antioch 1,2 and 3 never get the time nor attention they deserve.

Thus we have maps with quick action and less thinking, being used as Public requests and match maps. I am personally ok with any type of map. Some people have issues, i can respect that. But to discount something that has not even been made is not a very informed opinion.

All I am asking is to make one that is balanced for all tastes without overcomplicating, try to make it familiar looking and tag it with shaz.

I don't know the history, but certainly maps with multiple paths and some tricks to them are more fun than one path maps.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2006, 01:52:11 AM »
I would not disagree with that logic.

Fun is dictated with amount of players playing, are there enough to support or to much (I personally believe 8v8 should be max for any map). It also depends on the flavor you are craving, do you want sprayfest orange mixed with wildberry camp or rushing red with trickjump tropical?

To bad other players don't have the attention span of more than 12 seconds. That is why shaz maps are so successful.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2006, 03:18:34 AM »
The most fun I ever had in a first person shooter was playing against my brother when neither of us knew camping was a bad thing. We would find all kinds of ways to get the drop on each other .

Sometimes we complicate by set rules.

In any case I like the large maps. But I like Shaz33 too. It is quick, yes, and sometimes you sit for a long time because your dead in a second, but there are some strategic options, even at the fast pace once the initial wave of death happens.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2006, 07:45:02 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much debate over a new shazam map. Why remake a map that has been modified 3 times since its original. I have a better idea, HOW ABOUT MAKING A NEW MAP? Why do you people want a remake of a map that has been overplayed so much over the past 5 years, as well as being remade several times. And don't say "because the shazam maps are fun", because then you can just keep playing the current ones. The more you modify it, the less it looks like Shazam and should just be given a new name, and put something lame like "inspired by Shazam".

Oh and Loial, I'm pretty sure the reason DirtyTaco doesn't want to make a new Shazam map are as follows: He couldn't care less about DP anymore. Also with the lack of a community, the time and effort that would go into actually making a good map would be wasted. It would also most likely look nothing like Shazam and therefore should not be called Shazam4. This is because he would actually make a good map that all the pubbers wouldn't like because they would get lost and start spraying walls and complaining "Go to Airtime" and "Shazam33 is so much better than this remake". If I'm wrong, correct me Pierce, but I'm pretty sure that almost covers it.

That is all.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2006, 12:08:14 PM »
3 times?  Hm...
shazam
kablam
shazam22
shazamr
shazam33

And don't forget the training spinoffs: shaztrain, shazamtt, etc.

I wouldn't mind a shazam remake if it replaced the existing shazams, but what will most likely happen is that server admins will have 5 shazam maps in rotation instead of 4.

As for DT, he has a nice new map in the works that has nothing to do with shazam: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=3718.0

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
Forgot about kablam.

And yes, from my argument Shazam was remade 3 times. Shazam22, Shazamr and Shazam33. That's 3 times modified since the original.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2006, 07:14:12 AM »
Isn't shazamr like the original shazam with some lighting changes?
But everything else than that is the same? Like size, routes, etc.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2006, 05:49:55 PM »
Isn't shazamr like the original shazam with some lighting changes?

...and MASSIVE MARBLE WALLS.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
Uh, it uses the standard grey rock wall that most outdoor maps do.  All it really does is clean up the brush and texture work and add excessive colored lighting (though not as excessive as kablam).

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2006, 06:04:11 PM »
...huh. Just checked that out, I remembered wrong apparently.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »
I don't think Shazamr is the exact same size as the original.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »
airtimeoi is old, and possibly the worst of the airtimes.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Who are you talking to, TinMan? ;)

Hehe, I deleted his post while you were replying.