Author Topic: WTF  (Read 3854 times)

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
WTF
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »
well i played the game a while back bought a better computer and started playing bf/2 and now that i am trying to get into maping and b/c this game is so simple and BALLER i thought this would be the place to start i have been trying to get this excrement to work ALL GOD darn NIGHT then i saw something saying read the zip file thing and i did i am even more lost so wtf do i make with this ???This is a quick and simple BSP installation.  Unzip the files to c:\BSP.

If you do not have paintball2 installed to c:\paintball2, you must edit c:\bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\runmap.bat.

If you wish to install somewhere besides c:\bsp, you will need to edit the following files:
bsp\pball2\game.ini
bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat

NEW: Arghrad 3.00 is out, but it's a test version and cannot be redistributed.  Download it from http://forums.gamedesign.net/viewtopic.php?t=49129 and place arghrad.exe in c:\bsp\quake2\util,
then delete all the echos from c:\bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat.

http://www.planetquake.com/digitalpaint/ for more information and updates.

uhhh ENGLISH??? b/c i am still a major computer n00b.. by far so could u make sence with this and tell me why the intercourse the bsp won't load my textures??? i have found them on my computer but the member of a socially disadvantaged class ass software sais that it can't find them??? WTF!!! so i could use some help thanks.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:38:04 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:35:09 PM by IronFist »

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
Re: WTF
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:02:48 AM »
thank you that is very helpfull

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:39 AM »
ENGLISH
Hehe, kind of ironic.  Did the spell checker not come up for you?

Anyway, a few things:
1) I just (as in, earlier tonight) released a new BSP pack, so you'll want to grab that.  Check this thread out for more details: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=3816.0
2) This is a topic about mapping, so I'm moving it to the appropriate forum.
3) As the text file states, you need to have bsp installed to c:\bsp and paintball2 installed to c:\paintball2.  If you don't, you need to make changes to the files specified (it should be pretty obvious, just replace c:\paintball2 with wherever paintball2 is installed, etc.).  The new BSP pack assumes paintball2 is installed in c:\games\paintball2 (the default paintball2 install directory).

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
please help this time
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 12:10:51 AM »
i can't seem to get anything to work while maping. I've watched one of the tutorials but i did EXACTLY what he did but on the 2nd step my LD computer wouldn't load the techtures as shown. I have also looked around the forum (there is way too much to read) and looked at the bsp file i down laoded adn noticed read the zip read me. And i did and i have no idea what that means, or what to download. I am not a computer nerd but i have always been interested in game making, modling and map especially. I play bf/2 w00t and tryed to map some lvls... didn't turn out so good. I thought to my self and remembered Dp and i thought i should start simple and i still suck... huh... the last post i did some smart ass just constantly insulted me and i would really like help

THANK YOU

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:24:03 AM »
wtf i renamed it and sent it to the different file and now i can't even get into bsp thanks

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:30:44 AM »
You renamed what?

Have you installed the new BSP pack yet?

Edit: Merged your other topic with this one, since it's the same thing.  Also, don't assume that because a number of maps released for paintball2 are simple and crappy that the editing is any easier than it is for other games.  BF2 editing is probably nothing like making maps for paintball, though, so I don't know that making maps here will help you any if that is your ultimate goal.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:47:53 AM »
yes i have downloaded the one on digitalpaint.org and everyhting worked except when your first start the program i had found the whatever pak file thing and put that in found no .ini or .qc files so jsut pressed cancel and cancel. BAM! everything worked except sprites... textures... well it was just retarded b/c the guns i knew how to make a spawn point for them or somthing (b/c my computer nerd friend came over for a lil bit) work but b/c the bsp thinks that i don't have the the gun but surely enough when i want into my files i found them an dthe textures and the smoke sprites and the people modle things but can't get them into the software and yes i know it won't be easy and it may not help me with battlefield 2 but its on a MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller scale i don't kno if you've played battlefield but the lvls are very big and i kno you've played dp the lvls aren't quiet so big

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
... this is easier
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »
i need help and have been placing comments and replys everywhere then forget where and when i did what so... IM me at flingelf66 the best sn since 3rd grade w00t

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
uhg
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 02:20:12 AM »
jitspoe i downloaded your new thing and then i tryed to run the software and paintball2 didn't show up... and yes i've downloaded it. if thers any way you could help i'd appricieate it (i can not spell) you seem to be the one in charge around here thanks man

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 02:47:13 AM »
The one off of the digitalpaint.org files page isn't the latest.  Get the new one here: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=3816.0

If you're getting prompted for ini files, then you installed it in the wrong directory.  It needs to be in c:\bsp.

Also, use the spell check.  Your posts are full of typos and are difficult to read.

Edit: Merged your threads together.  Please stop making new threads.  With the new version, you should be able to simply open bsp and be in the editor.  It automatically selects the paintball2 game type.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
i am still a major computer n00b.

they what on earth are you doing mapping?

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »
i already downloaded that one and paintball 2 still isn't showing up and when you say C:\bsp dose that mean wich file i save it into???

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
It means bsp.exe should be in c:\bsp.  c:\bsp\bsp.exe.

Btw, what browser are you using?  Is it blocking the spell check popup or something?

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »
i am using mozila fire fox and to get it in that file do i  re-download it then when it asks what file to save it to i type in C:\bsp ???  :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 11:48:35 AM »
It doesn't matter where you save it to when you download it.  It matters where you extract the .zip file to.  Not to be mean, but if you can't even figure out how to extract a zip to a particular directory, then mapping probably isn't an ideal career for you.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 12:01:03 PM »
i bet that he is trying to show off to some of his friends that actually know what they are doing. only, in a different game. the reason he is here is beyond me.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
thanks thats what i wanted to know from the beginning but didn't know how to say it and no i am not trying to show off my friends excrement you darn n00b besides he plays halflife 2 I'm pretty sure that some of his complex levels fro the 007 mod on halflife ain't supported in this game  :D

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
ok, just making sure.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
THANKS
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 04:03:26 PM »
thanks jitspoe I'm getting my first level off the ground with the help of my friend and am getting back into the one and only best fps that brought me to love fps and now mapping fps levels thanks