Author Topic: New team based Jump Map|Half Completed  (Read 2418 times)

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
New team based Jump Map|Half Completed
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »

One day i was bored and thought to myself, yea, jump maps are fun, but what if it could be team based?  So I decided to make a jump|team map.  Each team is rewarded for every time they can reach the top.  The top acts as the "base" and when you spawn there is a flag hidden behind the barels.  In order to score pts, you must jump yourself up.  Also the very top is see-through, so as you can see the opposing team coming, but they can't see you. Rather like a one-way window. You'l understand if you play it ;).   
Enjoy :)

http://www15.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=2418 

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: New team based Jump Map|Half Completed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »
For anyone who has a crazy grudge against all DL sites other than arena-zone, or doesn't have adblock:
http://upload.arena-zone.com/854610

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:46:33 PM »
For anyone who has a crazy grudge against all DL sites other than arena-zone, or doesn't have adblock:
http://upload.arena-zone.com/854610
Thats basically what i said...why delete posts of mine!

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:02:26 PM »
Mine was more of a mock of yours, and it was more productive.  :)

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
So is anyone even going to comment on my map or just make more useless (other than Tinman's first) posts?  ;)

Pimp

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 07:19:04 AM »
I like the idea of a team-based map. its really cool. I thought also at another thing. team based, means, that you need your team. Ex: a high place you can only reach if another is helping you. the player who jumps up, can then press a trigger to help the other. so you can go up and up. thats what I thought. but its also nice as you made it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:02:49 PM »
Thats basically what i said...why delete posts of mine!
No, you just ridiculed him for the idea and for not using arenazone.  TinMan was actually helpful for mirroring the file.

As for a team-based jump map.  I suppose it's better than just a plain old jump map since there's actually an objective and a way to earn points.  I don't personally feel jump maps belong here, though, since there are 2 or 3 entire mods dedicated to quake2 jumping.  It just doesn't make sense to take a paintball mod and use it for that.  I'd suggest putting the flag at the top of the jumps, though, instead of the bottom, so that whoever reaches it can grab, instead of having somebody who can't jump grab the flag and be stuck at the bottom.

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 09:18:57 PM »
Hey Jits, why don't you stop hating on jump maps?! You yourself stated (on your site, was it?) that you played DPPB2 and then Quake2 and realized how much better Paintball was. Some of us don't have Quake2, and some prefer Paintball2 for the plain and obvious reason that it's better. If people like to play (or make) jump maps for Paintball2, I don't see why you would discourage people from doing it using YOUR mod.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 07:26:56 AM »
So take the paintball2 client and play on a q2jump server.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
I make jump maps using DP2 textures because the q2 jump textures are always missing....
this way everyone has the textures.