Author Topic: Is an orgy scene in your latest map really the impression you want to make?  (Read 20863 times)

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: Is an orgy scene in your latest map really the impression you want to make?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »
Quote from: P!nk
Or vote mute, which means no one could hear him/her, whether they want to or not.

That would not be a bad idea. A filter in game would work, or even a customizable one as we discussed before. But for those who evade filters the mute would be helpful.

Or some sort of function, and I don't really know if it is possible, that would report to admins a questionable line of discussion and would automatically save the consol logs. Maybe they are already saved, I am not sure.

As for the maps that is really Jitspoe's call of what he allows.

iv got an idea!

*gets to a coding a test version!*

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »
lmao loial, you take a quote from one of my posts that isn't relevant to this thread. Using your highly refined loial-logic you try and use it to call me a hypocrite. I'll repeat myself:

You people make me laugh.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 11:20:10 PM »
If I may quote you " in political/moral debates, it's critically think about their views" How is this not a morality debate?

If you don't agree then at least provide some substance other then 'its loial logic, nuf said'. Is that all you have to stand on? MY LOGIC?

Like I said before you used to be cool and I haven't changed. Whats your basic malfunction these days?

IRC 11/10/06
[17:41] <l21> one thing people don't want to do in political/moral debates, it's critically think about their views, does this apply to you? :) thanks lord taco....
[17:46] <l21> sorry to rush I will be back and give you more time to figure it out. Thanks.

Just let me know when you wish to debate this in private like gentlemen. We will start with your statement of hypocrisy. I will be waiting. Thank you.

I am not laughing just curious at the hypocrisy.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
I read the first 2 pages to this thread, only to see the same thing repeated by 4-5 people over and over again so I stopped there.

DT's sex scenes have been in a few of his maps, so I don't know why it is suddenly wrong to do it now. Oh well.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
lunatic its always been wrong. m7feettall just only saw this one. i have only seen 1 and i dont even remember the map. the scenes are no big deal because like DT did say they are hidden and Jit is working on getting rid of them. the main problem is the cussing and the language used in the game.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »
Given my limited jumping ability I didn't see the crime think one.

But the other I stumbled across in about 10 minutes of practicing on the map.

I agree that as a general rule the language in game is a bigger issue. But both are related to the lack of any rules in this regard.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »
Welcome to the Jungle.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »
Thanks, I had already experienced the jungle. Games are to get away from the jungle.

Now if this had been a game that featured sex, theft, violence etc. then I would expect that and not bother to play.  But since this was a paintball game, I expect a paintball game.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »
what we could do is have a chat filter in game (i think its good no matter what) then have the main irc channel that does not allow such talk. then have a channel for adults or those that want to hear that talk #paintballadult anyone?

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2006, 05:03:47 PM »
You've got it all wrong. We need the Kindergarden Zone!

A special sub-serverlist, servers that don't allow chatting, they are limited to a specific subset of maps, and nobody can have a name other than "newbie1", "newbie2", etc.

Letting children play online games is a bad idea to begin with. If you are easily offended, you shouldn't play online games, because people will say/do whatever they want.

You should especially not play online games if they promote custom content, because you're going to see something that offends you or something that removes the wholesomeness from your child's mind at some point.

This doesn't mean that swearing and humping sticks is necessarily good, but it does mean that you should reconsider your continued use of the Internet.

Also, you need to complain to server owners, if anybody. You could also get together and rent a server from Jitspoe, called "The morally right server", which would be quite the morally correct place to play. You could just keep heathens banned and run maps fit for Jesus himself!

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »
So where is this orgy scene?

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2006, 12:06:50 PM »
So where is this orgy scene?
lmao, no clip the map.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2006, 12:51:02 PM »
Quote from: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp
Online Rating Notice

Online games that include user-generated content (e.g., chat, maps, skins) carry the notice "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" to warn consumers that content created by players of the game has not been rated by the ESRB.

Put that on a splash page when you try to download the game.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Excalibur
then have a channel for adults or those that want to hear that talk #paintballadult anyone?

Or they could just go to a real sex-chat room instead of a paintball game. Then they might actually talk to a woman instead of sex chatting teenage boys.

As to bug's comment, which was apparently deleted, If I am  perceived as trying to impose my view, are not you doing the same? You say that everyone should have to put up with anything that anyone does--harmful to others or not. And if I don't like that I should leave (or Loial, or others).

That is in fact imposing your view. Although in this case your standard also does the following:

a. offends those who have been raped, since that term is used all the time in-game
b. offends those who don't come here for a sex chat room
c. might be illegal in certain locations if it involves adults talking to under-age kids in a sexual manner.
d. Would not be allowed in most public settings.

So I don't feel at all bad for suggesting a different standard than that. Everyone wants to impose, you might as well at least impose something that does not offend people needlessly. That was the point of my question--is this the impression you want to give?

And if it is then you are limiting the game.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
I'd personally rather talk to young teenage boys.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »
I'd personally rather talk to young teenage boys.

Then check in game, I am sure on of them  can find you a sex chat room for little boys.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
I just read the whole thing, and I agree with m7feettall.  The language is terrible (I'm part of that problem) and the sex scenes are totally uncalled for.  Why would you waste time making little stick figures having sex so you can put them in a map?  DT says everyone thinks it's funny but it seems to me the only people who are laughing are er33t or er33t suck-ups (SkateR, Smokey, etc).

Can you please express your points without attacking/name calling/inappropriate comments?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:07:18 PM by jitspoe »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
Why did my post get deleted? It wasn't offending anyone. This is like a new level of Na.zi ism

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »
Why did my post get deleted? It wasn't offending anyone. This is like a new level of Na.zi ism
Pointless off-topic posts have been deleted on a regular basis.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2006, 03:05:32 PM »
It had a point, it was indirectly showing loial and everyone else in this post that i was completely ignoring them.