Author Topic: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)  (Read 42790 times)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »
I dont know what the technical name is for the jump, but on pp1 where you jump along the catwalk and fly across, well on the other side (in pp3) it's too easy to get there from the other side. that little place where people lined on pp1 and became annoying is too easy to get to - it used to be harder (I know you're gonna put some hardness back into jumps - but i wasnt sure about this one). the only other jump is the speed jump - i can fly over that 75% of the time easily. Otherwise, i really like it.. oh and the low is too open :D
And in my opinion, the spawn rooms are NICE - I've never felt more excited to enter the proper playing arena - and i dont mind having 1 spawn room (not sure what it does for gameplay)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
The map looks really nice, but i hate playing on it... I'm not sure what it is, but it just makes me hate pp3.

@pirate: I think there is 2 spawn rooms now.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
is it more or does everyone thinks its weird 2 have 8 guns in a room made for 4 spawns?

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »
is it more or does everyone thinks its weird 2 have 8 guns in a room made for 4 spawns?

Gives each person an option to which gun they want.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:56:12 PM by Dirty_Taco »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »

its just more

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:02 AM »
Can you upload a new version? It´s bad if there is beta 2 and you didn´t put it here yet.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
Cuso hasn't been doing a very good job uploading new betas and editing them in. Although beta/propaint3_beta2 and beta/propaint3_beta2a are both on the eR33ts.  I went through the map with him last night and beta3 was being made last night. Most of the changes involve small changes that will make the game play better. Oh and for all those people mad, the ice jump over the window has been changed so it isn't hard, for the qq.

Here is beta2 (could just get an eR33t ---> 'newmap beta/propaint3_beta2'

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?odvdgtyyqty

Finally, here are some changes to look for before release (stuff on the agenda).

-Flag one will move slightly so it is not in the open with spots to jump down all around it. Being in the open allowed for too many caps too easily. Therefore it is going to be pushed back a bit and we'll see if it makes a positive gameplay change.
-Due to flag two being moved across...that ladder and catwalk will be MOVED. A ladder cannot be the fastest way from one to two. With this change the fastest will be the triple barrel jump then the second fastest will be the double jump. Although, the ladder will still be there but the path will be the slowest and easiest from one to two.
-Ice has had a new path added so you aren't forced to go up the 'clear tunnel' if you miss the jump (sounds bad but once seen I think most people will understand).
-Going to revert back to the original pp3 by crash and try to have more of that 'techno' dark light in some places.
-New jump out on grass to get up to catwalk.

With these changes we'll hope to see better gameplay overall to suit the comments that people have made.

*Note: All changes are not final and please not treat them that way.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »
About the beta2 and beta2a, these have some decently large differences between beta3, mostly involving r_speeds.
Beta2a is a good representation of what beta3 will be, but beta2a is a fastvisrad compile, whereas the final should not yield r_speeds above 2000.  Keep that in mind while playing :)

-Cusoman

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
can someone upload the fie to this topic (not the mediafire)? I cant download it for some reason - have tried many times.
thanks

Byz

• 68 Carbine

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
Wait what's the difference in beta2....?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
BETA 3 !!!!

Beta 3 features almost everything people have asked for, and i fixed almost every thing mentioned to me except for the texture errors.  Everyone in the 3iob Pub really enjoyed this map and I hope everyone that hasn't seen it can enjoy its awesomeness.  Download Attached.

-Cusoman

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2009, 07:23:07 PM »
I've played each versions of this map, and wasn't all that amazed about the gameplay. But after playing beta3 in a pub it changed my mind on the map, it was really fun. There are still a few things i dislike, but it would just be little picky things. Overall i actually really like it and hopefully eR33t upload's it soon.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
Propaint3_beta3 is definitely a good stage in this map. Most of the changes were made to accomodate match gameplay and they did do their job. STILL NEED MY WISH CUSO.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »
Make the sky a little higher please. You hit it when you do the speed jump trough the window.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:10:27 AM by magalhaes »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
Your sentence was neither proper nor understandable. What are you pointing at?

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2009, 01:04:09 AM »
I think he's referring to making the hbd area just about every time you make speed jump.  Not quite sure though. 

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2009, 02:06:33 AM »
Make the sky a little higher please. You hit it when you do the speed jump trough the window.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2009, 03:56:04 AM »
i still dont like the barrels in the low :( maybe u should make the outside of the base a bit longer