Author Topic: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)  (Read 42798 times)

[cP]CRASH

• PGP
New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »
Just started on the next propaint, going with a warsow type theme since that game rocks :P Instead of Automags and autocockers its carbines and autocockers. I might put an automag somewhere in the map not sure. Keeping the same spawn room idea except you start out with ammo/co2 already. Heres the first sneak peak!

Spook

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Propaint 3 - Warpaint (Beta Stage)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 11:00:32 PM »
so that's what that ss was in our priv lmao

keep up the good work, make this one suck less that pp2

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »
Go Crash Hurry Up Son!

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:25:19 PM »
For some reason I am not seeing the screenshot but I believe it is the one showing the red spawn room?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »
you would be right...

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »
Lol,  I forgot to message you about my idea I had for a new propaint.
Next time I see you on IRC I'll message you and tell you about it.
The layout design I drew up on a sketch pad in about 5 minutes so it isn't that in depth but it has a solid layout.

Looks pretty cool.  Like the warsow design idea.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 11:12:41 AM »
Looks good, except for the textures... I know your going for a warsow theme, but its too bland for dpball.  Add some more DP textures to it and many players who have no idea what warsow is will enjoy it also. ;)

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »
Yeah, throw some more colored metal textures in there or something. The all metal looks horrible. But I'm guessing thast just the spawn room.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:10:01 PM »
Just started on the next propaint, going with a warsow type theme since that game rocks :P Instead of Automags and autocockers its carbines and autocockers. I might put an automag somewhere in the map not sure. Keeping the same spawn room idea except you start out with ammo/co2 already. Heres the first sneak peak!

GO COLTEN GO

ALSO DONT LET BLING TAINT YOUR BRILLIAN IDEAS.

[cP]CRASH

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:36:14 PM »
I do textures/lighting/detail last. Dont worry about how the textures look :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »
Looks interesting, but the spawn rooms were one thing I didn't really care for in propaint.  Why have a room packed with equipment when you can just spawn with it directly in the map?  It also makes it difficult to identify and kill idlers.

I'm not sure if you're using any warp surfaces in that area, but be sure to test your map with r_reflectivewater 1.  Propaint2 had some serious issues because of all the warp/water surfaces in one area.

It's actually a lot easier if you texture as you go along.  It's easier to align the brushes with the textures than the other way around.  That also helps a lot if you mirror the bases.  You don't have to realign every texture for the other side.  You also probably want to make the texture theme as complete as possible and make sure everything is aligned before posting a screenshot so you can get better feedback.

[cP]CRASH

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »
The idea of the spawnroom is so that both teams get the exact same start, not to mention its cool :P The textures im using are very basic, like solid gray and solid black to go with the whole warsow theme. If anytime i need to use a 128x128 texture on a wall i adjust accordingly =]

Ill make sure to fix the water reflective stuff this time around. The screenshots i put on here are just beta, to give people a taste, not the real thing :P

And of course im gonna mirror the map =] Wouldnt be balanced otherwise. I love u.

Looks interesting, but the spawn rooms were one thing I didn't really care for in propaint.  Why have a room packed with equipment when you can just spawn with it directly in the map?  It also makes it difficult to identify and kill idlers.

I'm not sure if you're using any warp surfaces in that area, but be sure to test your map with r_reflectivewater 1.  Propaint2 had some serious issues because of all the warp/water surfaces in one area.

It's actually a lot easier if you texture as you go along.  It's easier to align the brushes with the textures than the other way around.  That also helps a lot if you mirror the bases.  You don't have to realign every texture for the other side.  You also probably want to make the texture theme as complete as possible and make sure everything is aligned before posting a screenshot so you can get better feedback.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
The idea of the spawnroom is so that both teams get the exact same start, not to mention its cool :P The textures im using are very basic, like solid gray and solid black to go with the whole warsow theme. If anytime i need to use a 128x128 texture on a wall i adjust accordingly =]

If the map is symmetrical, and the spawnpoints are all in the same general area, then each team will have an equal start each round. I really don't like the spawn room- I prefer the traditional method. ;) It would be nice if there was a way to have a spawn point be only applicable to respawns, or just the start of the map, so that people won't appear in front of some one after waiting 60 seconds.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 01:02:15 AM »
Not spawning in front of somebody is one up side to spawn rooms.  You can decide when to jump into the battle.  Downside is that there are only 2 locations you can enter at (on propaint 1) and a spawn camper could just spray across both of them after somebody respawns.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 01:45:03 AM »
Oh sure sure a pro paint but not a shaz.  each one of you suck. :)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
wow Crash, the corners on the gun case looks nice. wont that kill fps by 5-15?
the map looks great so far.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »
...thread revival much?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 07:37:06 AM »
work revival much, PLEASE! :)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 06:57:15 PM »
Lately I was asked by cuso if he could finish the pp3 map crash and I have started and I rejected his proposal.

I'm tired of getting pm'd about this so i'm on here to clear it up, this whole idea was a rumor and the map is not going to be finished. I'm sorry to shatter peoples dreams of a propaint 3 being released.

- Clipz

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:14 AM »
Propaint 2 ruined in. There's nothing PP3 could have done to save it anyways.