Author Topic: We have speedball.....  (Read 2286 times)

tyromaniac

• PGP
We have speedball.....
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »
....but we don't have the opposite: snipers

If you ask me, it would be a good idea to implement snipers into the game because the game would then vary into two different groups: snipers and speed ballers (change the names if you'd like, they aren't really important). This way, if you aren't that good with say as a "speed baller", you could try and see how good you could be as a sniper, and vice versa.
Snipers are more typical in real paintball than say a paint bazooka  ::) , so the line of real paintball would not be crossed. Even better, the only thing that we'd have to alter would be the accuracy, speed, and reload time of the sniper (at least 2 seconds) (a bind function with zoom could be used as a scope if needed). This could be helpful  when playing in wide fields where speed ballers are at a disadvantage. The same could be said when snipers are in a smaller, more covered area than the speed ballers. Also, what's better than hearing "headshot" over and over again? It's music to your ears.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: We have speedball.....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »
Trracer + steel barrel + low FOV = sniper.

tyromaniac

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:41:47 PM »
That's not exactly that fast though, considering that people jump at speeds of over 50km/hr! And that's only average. And usually you'd have to go looking around for that on any given map....but then again....we'd then have to put the sniper into its map again.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »
You say you wand a reload time of 2 seconds then say the Trracer isn't fast enough?

tyromaniac

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:50:25 PM »
I meant fast as in the speed of the paintball,and if the paintballs shot move faster, then the time between shots should be greater, thus creating more of a "sniper"

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »
Ah. You seem to be suggesting a hitscan weapon, I can't think of anything else that would be remotely useful. Anyway, you'd have to compensate for lag, and with the speed that players move in this game it wouldn't be easy. I don't think it would be worth adding, the selections of guns now is fine.
I swear, we get someone who suggests this every 4 months or so.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »
i don't like that idea... pball guns only avg around 200-250 fps stock, so why implement a gun that would cost a fortune unlike the other cheap guns in this game. not proportional, even though that is only MY opinion

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »
It's more than cost.  A gun that shoots well over 300fps wouldn't be allowed on most fields as it could seriously injure somebody.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 02:04:02 PM »
There are no "sniper" paintball guns. Unless you have a tipman 98 with all that stupid woodball crap on it to make it look like a sniper rifle. Most fields only allow a max fps of 200. Anything above 200 can usually draw blood from a certain distance, especially if you're bunkered. Even if you have a gun maxed out at like say 300 fps the accuracy and curve of it changes drastically. It's basically impossible.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 03:37:59 PM »
airsoft games (if there are any?) would have the variety of guns, paintball is too standard on semi-auto and some full-auto guns that shoot under 250 fps.

shofixti

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »
Thats what I've always wished was part of paintball... a larger variety of guns. I don't really understand that statement about some full autos shooting under 250 FPS, i currently have a PCS US5 and it fires the same speed on semi as full, it really makes no difference.

There ARE a few specialty guns out there (aka RAP4) but they are few and far between.

as far as sniping goes, in real paintball it can be defined as those who hide and wait for an opportunity, technically you could have paintball "snipers" using full auto guns firing at 30BPS.
but as far as the traditional definition of snipers goes, in real paintball they do exist, but it really does not work very well. as the paint only fires so far without losing accuracy.

However this IS a game, and you have already lost all semblance of realism (average speed of 50 kmh!) so high powered sniper guns. however unrealistic, could exist given you can increase the speed of the balls drastically.
I'm still against it all the same, in DP2 sniping would just not work

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 05:35:07 PM »
Most field, if not all, do not allow full auto if its over 15bps. Ramping lets you hit the trigger like 3 times a second and it bounces the bps up to 15. Most tournaments are capped 15 bps anyways, the guns in this game can not shoot anywhere as near as fast as they do in the game. That autococker is from 1997-1998. Carbines arent even made anymore, that automag is so outdated I dont even know about it. The spyder SE is basically the same as every other mechanical spyder. But anyways, paintball doesnt have a limited type of guns. There are different guns with different firemodes and different internals. They also make upgraded boards for electronic guns for diff modes of fire.

shotfixi - what do you mean a larger variety? There are over 1000 different models of paintball guns, lol. Are you looking for stupid ass 32 inched barrel sniper rifle paintball buns? Pball is not your sport then.