Author Topic: Suggestion: Small gun icon in HUD, for hand 2 folk  (Read 2486 times)

Fryth

• VM-68
Suggestion: Small gun icon in HUD, for hand 2 folk
« on: April 27, 2004, 05:02:22 PM »
I much prefer shooting from the centre, but then I can't tell what gun I have. I think an icon in the hud (a la Q2) would be an excellent idea.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Suggestion: Small gun icon in HUD, for hand 2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 06:24:04 PM »

// default in config.cfg: bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
alias +specialfire "+attack;set hand 2"
alias -specialfire "-attack;set hand 3"
bind "MOUSE1" "+specialfire"

Causes your gun to go to "Center" (disappear), and also fires pballs from center. Helps aiming accuracy and gets the pball gat out of the way while shooting... seems weird at first, but very useful. Hax.

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 05:25:22 PM »
That's a neat idea, but I don't like the way it looks. I think a hud icon would be much cooler. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »
it would take up room, but i think it's a good idea concidering that someone can make some good pics...mabe a rotating model of the gun? i don't know.

until then, this is the closest we can come to that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 05:56:44 PM »
I'll have to check, but I think we maxed out all the HUD slots already.  I guess I could do a clientside hack that checks the modelindex of the viewweapon or something, though.

tomvendetta

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 02:08:23 PM »
I would match rather have a gun icon then have those little squares telling me how many people are left, even though it can come in handy sometime

tomvendetta

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 05:44:44 PM »
Jitspoe, you said that you maxed out the hud slots, in q2 and in the q2 mod DDAY there is a 2d image of the gun to the bottom right, whats in this spot?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »
They probably don't have as much other stuff on the hud.  PB2 has:
ammo count, mask icon, 4 different team icons, 4 different team scores, lots of CO2 images, kills, streak, alive counters for each team, all the different items, time remaining, etc., etc.  The limit is only 32.  The good news is, I've made a customized client-side hud and could implement something that draws a pic depending on which weapon model you have.  Won't make it in build 11 since I don't have the time to make the graphics, but eventually it can be done...

TOT_HybRiD

• PGP
Re: Suggestion: Small gun icon in HUD, for hand 2 folk
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 07:58:03 AM »
Why not just mod the code so no matter whether its left or right hand, u shoot center? I believe thats done in several other games, including q3a...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 12:30:32 PM »
Because some people actually use left/right hand to shoot around corners better.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 04:27:29 AM »
Weirdos. So, anyway, that's possible?

TOT_HybRiD

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2005, 10:11:56 PM »
Just got done watching a friend play bf:vietnam (think that was the game). Its got an option where you can bring the gun up to the center and look through its crosshairs. Be an awesome thing to implement in pb, just make a new command to do that, i believe all u gotta do is mod the gun_x and gun_y positions for that.