Author Topic: KZ's Rant of the Moment  (Read 2451 times)

KrayZie

• PGP
KZ's Rant of the Moment
« on: May 18, 2004, 08:50:57 AM »
well, i've watched this mod grow from the very beginning and it amazes me to see just how much it has progressed along the way thanks to people like Calrathan and Jitspoe.

now that I've got that excrement out of the way, lets get down to business.

what ever happened to the arc in the paint stream? it's like when you're firing at someone across a map... you're holding a meddling railgun or something. idk... there might be an arc, i could be wrong but I haven't noticed one. the aim in DP just seems so foreign to me now... it seems to be more luck now because you don't have to compensate for anything.

secondly, wtf is with all the trash talking whiny meddling 2 year olds playing the game now? i can't seem to play for 5 meddling minutes without some intercoursetard talking excrement or saying "I AM GOD! I OWNT YOU ALL!" or something of that sorts.... wtf? i guess online gaming will always be this way but if I recall correctly, back in the days (omg i feel old) it wasn't like this... well, not as often. sure there were a few bad seeds but geez, it seems the tables have turned, the ratio of excretory openings to moral players is now 20:1... wtf? grow up children. who gives a flying intercourse if you are good. you may be good, but how many people actually like/respect you? 0! meddling losers...

anyways, to close this meddling rant i say.... jits, FIX THE GD AIM! :) and to all you meddling newbs... be quiet, grow up. thank you, have a nice meddling day.

KrayZie

• PGP
Re: KZ's Rant of the Moment
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 08:52:30 AM »
omfg jits... take off the darn word filter...

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 10:11:35 AM »
Well, kids will be kids. There's nothing you can do about the newbies. I agree it is annoying.

As for the arc, I think messing with the arc again will just piss off everyone again as people adjust. It's not perfect, and the ball flight does lack arc, I agree, but it does make long-range maps a hell of a lot more fun, and it makes certain maps more playable too. And it's still a really fun game. I don't feel like I'm railgunning people when I play paintball.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 01:46:40 PM »
The balls have the same arc they used to but more velocity.  The velocity now reflects the velocity of real pballs (in real pball, balls don't hit the ground 10 feet in front of you).  It's been that way for years.  I guess it's been a while since you've played. :)

There are several reasons for doing this:
- Players move extremely fast.  Slow moving projectiles are too easy to dodge and it requires a lot more spray in order to hit someone.
- It's easier for new players to adapt -- they can actually hit people where their crosshair is instead of having to aim up at the sky the whole time.
- Allows for more strategic methods of attack -- ie: shooting UNDER things instead of having to constanly arc OVER everything.
- More realistic.

KrayZie

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 12:33:22 AM »
yeah i guess it's been a while since i played, but i dont remember it being this screwy. anyways, i find it a lot easier to walk through paint now though... might be wrong. oh well.

btw, Fryth, how do u think players felt when it was changed in the first place? :)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 09:05:42 PM »
Most players dont really care about whats best for the game, they are mostly concerned with what makes them play the best (or at least what they think is actually playing good  ;))  So of course most of them female doged and threatened to never play again. But you know what, most of them did play and got used to it and are doing just fine.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 03:12:56 PM »
there could be an option for slow players and a big arc...jits, impliment a test of that. now.

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 12:49:34 PM »
The problem with making optional settings is that they don't get used. Or in the absolute worst case scenario, they do get used & cause a split in the community, with half the servers running one setting and half running another setting.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 05:50:53 PM »
oh well. i just wanted to see what it was like.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 08:09:18 PM »
The ball speed can be adjusted with a cvar (ball_speed, I think).  The player speed can't be adjusted so easily, though you could have everyone shut off always run. :)

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2004, 08:22:32 PM »
A little off subject butttt.....what's with all the newb-bashing? You were all newbs once too remember...just think about it  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 08:23:28 PM by Fyre »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 08:24:39 PM »
noobs should be treated with respect and honor... wait a min what im i saying T|-| 3   R/-\B|T  O\/\/ |\| 5   Y0\_/  |\|00B!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 08:24:57 PM by Excalibur »