Author Topic: How far would you travel...  (Read 4886 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
How far would you travel...
« on: July 10, 2004, 11:03:24 AM »
for another DPcon?

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
Re: How far would you travel...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 05:26:50 PM »
depends on when and if i have a job and a way down there. but if i had those things i would say as far as texes and north of that i prob wouldn't go to the east coast.

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 01:49:58 PM »
I would only travel to New York.. I live in ottawa and don't have much time to myself to leave the city. I could however get a couple people to come with me that have played paintball..that should count for something.  ::)

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 03:42:36 PM »
I'd be up for a road trip.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 05:41:02 PM »
If I were to host it, it would have to be in/near Charlotte (NC), probably.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 05:44:19 PM »
well right now i would have no way to get up there but in like 6 months i would maybe if i can get out of classes for a week or so.

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 06:57:18 PM »
hmm Charlotte...that's not TOO far passed my original limit. Quite possible. Setting a date is another thing, many people would need advanced notice. I would probly travel with two other people that used to play DP if it were to happen.

Skyhawk

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 11:41:09 PM »
id get on a plane and go to the US, just gimme the details :D

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 06:41:36 AM »
I'm sure FourthX would give me a ride.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 12:21:43 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:21:37 AM by Dirty_Taco »

emp1re

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 08:52:08 PM »
I'd travel the whole half an hour to get to Charlotte...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 11:29:09 PM »
Ok, I'm looking at some different LAN stuff in the area:

http://www.thehubnc.com/ - 10 computers, and you can't bring your own.  Boo. $6/hr is pretty expensive, too.
http://www.carolinagaming.com/news.asp - They run big LAN parties at a hotel.  Maybe we could get in on that (so we don't have to worrry about networking hardware and such).
http://www.networkinvasion.com/ - Another BYOC LAN party group that we might be able to partner up with.
http://netplaycafe.com/ - Lots of computers provided.  Not sure if they let you bring your own.
http://www.atlantisgamingcenter.com/ - Looks to be perfect.  Computers provided as well as the ability to set up your own.  I need to contact them for pricing of a private LAN party.

So... another question with this is: How much would you be willing to pay?  Going to one of the nice facilities might cost like $40 / person, but it would mean less time dealing with networking issues and let people who can't/don't want to bring their computers to play.

Element

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 07:36:46 AM »
Fryth... You still don't have a car? Oh and I uhh could probly drive there from FL.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 10:31:47 AM »
$40 a person thats not to bad how long would it last? cause driving up there for the day from where i live will just be stupid. but if we had it for a few days then it would be better. cause it will take me like 3 days driving up there so driving for 3 days paying gas paying the $40 for 1 day then driving back. thats something i will only do for a theme park.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 12:45:11 PM »
Well, I was thinking we could have the LAN party one day - maybe run a couple tournaments, then the next day go out and play real paintball.  Other suggestions are welcome, but it's going to be hard to do more than two days because people have work and stuff to go to... it's probably just going to have to be a weekend thing.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 04:42:15 PM »
that would be better weekend thing. and real paintball the next day really sounds good just dont make it like one day is going out to drink cause im 19 and my bro is only 15 so that will take a whole day away from anyone under 21. how much does it cost for real paintball over there cause here i can get a whole day for about $39 that comes with a gun paintballs and co2

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 07:23:27 PM »
Nah, we wouldn't have anything like a "going out to drink" day.  People can do that whenever they want.  This will be geared toward doing something that's actually fun. ;)

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 07:40:09 PM »
Ok well it all depends on when and how much it will cost, if its $40 a person like you said maybe we (me and my brother) can be up there how much does it cost for a game of paintball up there (real paintball)? Cause that’s another thing if its $40 a person then another $40 the next day for paintball (if you don’t have your own stuff)(that’s how much it is here if you don’t have your own stuff) I will probably take a train up there if I go cause it would be cheaper then driving cheaper then flying you would get there faster then driving. Only down side is you would have to rent a car (unless one of you nice peeps up there rent a bus to taxi us to and fro (might not be a bad thing to run like a big van as a taxi and everyone who uses it pays like X number of cash) and maybe we (anyone traveling can split up the cost of a big hotel room like if we can get say 10 people or so splitting one hotel room that would save tons of cash. just pay more if you want a bed. (They probably have roll out beds or whatever.) Hey if anyone likes what I’m saying here and don’t mind doing some of that stuff post it here maybe if we get enough people that are willing to do it we can do it. Only thing is if we do the van taxi thing is there would be limitations such as if you want to go the bar after playing paintball (game or real) you would (1) have to drive yourself (2) would need someone to go with you to be a designated driver. (Don’t want to crash in a rental car) and (3) they would have to pay the gas to go there (split it with whoever else wants to go there.

I should be a travel agent. Maybe not.

*NEW* after looking at it closer and talking with my parents about it they say taking a train would be a 3 day or more trip not the day 1/2 that i thoight it would be, and that it would cost about $400 when you count food for those 3 days. when i plane will be a 3 hour or so trip so i wont have to buy food but it would cost $500 or so (thats 2 round trip tickets for me and my brother if he goes) so train is out of it. but if i do go i would still be intreseted in that van taxi thing and the spliting the cost of a hotel room. (take note when i say hotel room i mean a nice one not 5 star but not 1/2 star if i can get say 8 or more to take me up on the hotel thing then we can prob swing for a suite for the added room.)

*NEW* i might not be able to make it up there at all i would really like to go but to go up there would cost me $1000 and for 2 days and only maybe 10 people going it just dont sound like its worth $1k so unless we can get 50+ to go i  wont be going up there. *why it would cost 1k* ok if i fly its $500 for 2 round trip tickets then 150 for food when im up there $40 for the turny + prob another $40 for the real paintball games, then 150 for a motel room and another $200 for a rental car, when you add all that up it comes to =$1080  thats just a round number. (if i drive) if i drive it will be a 3 day trip or so. ok $200 (cost $60 each time i fill up my tank) for gas, $300 for food (for the trip up there and when we are there and the on the way back) $150 for motel room, $40 +$40 that comes out to =$730
now thats alot for a 2 day paintball turny with maybe 10 or so other guys. but if we had say 50 or so guys maybe we can work somthing out like anyone thats on my way up there i can pick up and we split the cost of gas and stuff like that (motel room for the night things like that) then it would be much cheaper maybe more like $500 all together less if there are 4 or so guys on my way up there (my truck holds 6 not counting the room in the bed of my truck but cant ride back there unless its a short trip) so if I could fill my truck up with guys on the way that will split the cost all around then it would come around to more like $300 or so a person. thats alot better then $1k or $750. but even then like i said it depends on when it will be. WOW i think this is my longest post ever.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 01:21:31 PM by Excalibur »

tomvendetta

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 11:32:45 PM »
I would love to go and I probally would be allowed to go to... Excal, where do you live if you live on the way im sure someone would be glad to maybe stop off an exit just to pick you and your brother up. Oh one more thing excal, what is it with you and drinking :)

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 05:49:17 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:05:30 PM by IronFist »