Author Topic: New Forum Moderators  (Read 9850 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
New Forum Moderators
« on: February 20, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
I've added KnacK and Supermercado to the global moderators, since they appear to be responsible and knowledgeable of forum administration.

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: New Forum Moderators
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 08:04:30 PM »
uhm...supermercado lmfao. What a bad mistake.

Edit: you would have been better off picking picasso and loial.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 08:21:06 PM »
uhm...supermercado lmfao. What a bad mistake.
Bad for you, maybe.  Just keep yourself in check, and you'll be all right.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »
in check? I hardly said excrement on his stupid ass forums and the guy banned me every three seconds.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »
Is Eiii still around? Bob needs mod.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:23:32 AM by P!nk »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
I think Supermercado and Knack are both very good choices.  The only ones who will have problems with that are those that constantly insult people, are habitual troublemakers and are simply too immature to be on any forum.

I certainly hope they are very strict against anyone who can't get the basic message of ACT RIGHT OR GO ELSEWHERE

Kudos to jitspoe on his excellent choices and congratulations to Knackerz and Supermercado!!

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »
I think Supermercado and Knack are both very good choices.  The only ones who will have problems with that are those that constantly insult people, are habitual troublemakers and are simply too immature to be on any forum.

I certainly hope they are very strict against anyone who can't get the basic message of ACT RIGHT OR GO ELSEWHERE

Kudos to jitspoe on his excellent choices and congratulations to Knackerz and Supermercado!!
+2/-5
Apparently you have bad Karma.  :P

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »
Probably so...  I think that Karma doo hickey is worse than any avatar LOL  BTW Hi metalman... Your's isn't too good either :(

Gremlin

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 10:54:14 PM »
yup i second that, congrats to knack and super. i think they will do a fine job, it'll be nice to have some help huh jits?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »
yep, now we should have some proper bans for them rowdy boys

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 11:17:06 PM »
Congrats KnacK and Super :)
*slaps KnacKs' ass

:)

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 04:06:30 AM »
what about picasso, seeing as he doesnt get banned for any of his flaming, mine as well just give him all the power he deserves for being such a great contributor to this community.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 05:55:25 AM »
Thanks guys

in check? I hardly said excrement on his stupid ass forums and the guy banned me every three seconds.

SkateR, attitude makes a world of difference of how you are percieved in the community.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »
Flaming = Creating threads or making replies for the sole purpose of complaining about another person or clan through put downs and insults or doing the same for some other form of self gratification.

Defending yourself = The guy/gal on the recieving end of the put downs or insults being forced to respond to the flame you started in an effort to defend his/herself.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 08:51:51 AM »
i dont think supermercado should be a gm either...hes a fine moderator but in thiese forums i think u should choose someone who have some knowledge of this game like zorch or loial.
knack is a good choice  ;)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 09:09:55 AM »
You don't have to know a thing about any game to moderate a public forum for BAD BEHAVIOR.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »
i know but still its easy to judge about BAD behavior in game if u know the game..thats my opinion

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »
Is Eiii still around? Bob needs mod.

Thawhanow?

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
True but this is NOT "in game"  This is in a Public Forum...

"in game" issues are dealt with by the ADMINISTRATION of the servers as far as behaviors are concerned and jitspoe takes care of the global bans.

Moderating against rude attacks, insults and bad behavior towards others on a forum doesn't require a vast knowledge of DP.  

The old way of bringing complaints about players, clans or administration of servers to a public forum has served absolutely NO PURPOSE other than to start flamefests.  This practice needs to be stopped for good.

The ONLY exception would be reporting cheats or hacks  WITHOUT NEEDLESS INSULTS OR ATTACKS.

I agree Zorch seems like he would be an excellent moderator.  I know he is one of the most helpful assets to this community and I've yet to see him demonstrate any kind of bad behavior. 

I'm sure Knack and Supermercado can get the job done but if needed, Zorch would definately have my vote.