Author Topic: Official Feature Vote of 2007  (Read 229794 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Official Feature Vote of 2007
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2007, 12:06:12 PM »
4. New game : Spider paint - add the lithium/osp +hook feature for server-side toggle. This would be way off paintball, but ridiculously fun as well. One of my favorite things about quake2, haha

That feature has been aroudn since quakeworld and Fembo+ is the king in requesting that feater in DP. :D

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »
Here is a thoguht, I don't nkow if it has been brought up yet.
When connecting to a server, it lists the Server, the map, amount of people and the ping.  If possible it would be nice to have a screen shot of the map, so people can view the map before entering the game. <--Do you understand?  You could make it just a link, or have a thumbnail, just something that gives people an idea of what the map looks like.

Well, if Jits decides to let me use variables in menus, I could do that. :)

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2007, 01:20:10 PM »
When connecting to a server, it lists the Server, the map, amount of people and the ping.  If possible it would be nice to have a screen shot of the map, so people can view the map before entering the game. <--Do you understand?  You could make it just a link, or have a thumbnail, just something that gives people an idea of what the map looks like.

Implement pk3 map format and then its simple.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2007, 02:29:42 PM »
Thank you for that explanation jitspoe. I guess i thought it was due to voting because funname newbies will spam 'shaz33' when the map ends it will magically go to shaz33. However, I'm fairly sure the map i've voted for has never gone through. Maybe Snipen changed some setting in his server where mapinfo files are disregarded when selecting the next map (if this is even possible).

l1g

• Stingray
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »

Implement pk3 map format and then its simple.
Uh...It would be easy, if I knew what you were talking about. :| . What is pk3 map format?

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
Thank you for that explanation jitspoe. I guess i thought it was due to voting because funname newbies will spam 'shaz33' when the map ends it will magically go to shaz33. However, I'm fairly sure the map i've voted for has never gone through. Maybe Snipen changed some setting in his server where mapinfo files are disregarded when selecting the next map (if this is even possible).

I am unaware of any special setting and just have the standard voteing system turned on the GRaFFiTi servers.   I often wonder myself if the voting thing even works all the time.   

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »
I havent read to much but i have a few new ideas.

1. New guns.. angels to be specific.

2. With the global login, we should have an administration staff. Ex.. maybe the leaders from all the clans can login to all servers and be able to set them up for matches. Might sound stupid to server owners but i think it would be a cool feature.

3. I agree with dump the funnames/color text it just gets annoying and grabs your eyes attention and pulls them off game play.

4. Have a command for some of these jump servers so you cant be blocked by other players. I know thats what q2 jump is for, but im talking for the majority of people who dont have q2. I could careless i have q2. Just thought it would be cool for them.

5. Quicker in-game downloading on maps would be great. I like smokeys in-game HTTP idea too.

6. I dont know if this is possible but if you could make it so it auto takes ss's then a few set people can look at them. Would be a cool way to catch hackers.

7. The models could youse some work but there fine, only cool thing would be to have clan models with your tag on the front/back.

8. One way to get rid of the hacked models is to have them accessable, NO i dont mean the spikes. I mean being able to choose the other teams color when joining up. I dont know about everyone else but i have trouble seeing some colors.

Theres my 2 cents.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2007, 08:16:29 PM »
I dont know about everyone else but i have trouble seeing some colors.

I am mostly blind in one eye, so my vision of red is going in my other "good" eye. so i like that idea

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2007, 06:19:06 AM »
1. Change the main menu screen to somthing more new and fresh.
2. Update graphics.
3. Implement in game auto screen shots that get sent directly to you. (Helpfull in matches)
4. Perhaps make map downlads faster? Or are the servers just crap.
5. Fix the water bug that cause massive fps loss.
6. In-game 'Vote to kick feature would be nice'.
7. Remove the VM and Terracer, Their kinda pointless.
8. One barrel pick up would be nice, instead of different types. (Since it is a fun game)
9. To be continued...

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »
...PAINTBALL VISIBILITY...
Jitspoe, have you addressed the visibility of paintballs in B17 at all?
I don't know about the rest of the community, but I've never been able to track my shots very well. Might just be my old ass eyes and failing sight as I fast approach my senior years.
You discussed adding a slight elongated blur trailing effect a while back.

I really think you should address making the paintball more visible. I'm not even talking about the paintballs from the other players, just those exiting your marker. In real paintball I never had a problem seeing my own "rope" of paint exiting my gun, and these are still supposed to be paintball guns, right?

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
Crosshair gets in the way, if you use left or right hand then you can see it. But with center hand it gets blocked by the crosshair...

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »
I really think you should address making the paintball more visible.
This has been voted for in the build 17 "official vote thread". I can't really say if jits has made them any bigger, very hard to say. But i can remember him posting a screenshot with bigger-size paintballs and it looked great! Greatly visible.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2007, 11:18:55 AM »
I hope so.
I hate not being able to see my balls.
Maybe a diet might help? ;)

How do I have -2 on my rating?
What's that all about?
It's bias...people hate the superior.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:05 AM »
Maybe mappers are obsessed with making bases same colour as the team , the balls just get camo'd
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:42:20 AM by Sharp »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »
Definately agree about S8N's balls.. They need to be bigger so that we can see them comin...   Seriously, the paintballs need to be more visible.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »
I mean really.
They put tracer rounds in guns so you can see where your rounds are landing.
Some of you have, and I know Jitspoe has, shot a real paintball gun before. When you let loose a rapid volley, even as low as 3 to 5 BPS, you can plainly see a stream (or rope as they call it) from the tip of your barrel to where the paintballs hit, or leave your line of sight.

In DP I see jack. Maybe, just maybe, I catch a glimpse of a ball now and then. And the goo inside the paintball is often much brighter than the ball itself. So splats should really pop out, but that's another issue.

As for the enemy's fire, it should be considerably less visible. On the paintball field I can see my opponents paint streams, but not nearly as well as my own. Maybe the problem with Jitspoe increasing ball visibility is if he increases your ball visibility it would increase you ability to see the enemy's balls as well.

A solution would be to make the paintball very visible even with a blur trail, then fade with distance. This would make your fire easy to track initially out of the barrel. Because you have track on it so clearly out of the barrel, by the time it fades from view you will have already determined trajectory and target solution. On the opposite, if you are in close proximity to an enemy you will be able to see their paint stream pretty clearly. But, as the enemy becomes farther away you are less able to track the stream emitting from their barrel, and therefore lose track of their fire. This effect would happen automatically through the ball fading with distance.

I like it...make it so!
You can code that up in an hour or two.
If not just brighten everything and implement the fading next release.

oli887

• Stingray
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »
I Agree with you S8NSSON. I'm playing real paintball and you can't aim without your rope... And maybe it would be nice to see the ennemy balls coming... So we can have the time to dodge...

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »
Notice how Jitspoe has made 39.675 posts on the forums since I posted this, yet he ignores it like it's the plague.

What's up with that Jitzy?

Why you wanna keep us blinded?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »
yeah agreed s8n. I have a horrible time tracking my shots or seeing shots, especially when they're long distance. However, i think its more the shading on the pball skins than the ball size. Fixes to both would be nice.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »
Oh and I think this has already been said, but supporting widescreen resolutions. We have clan members that refuse to play DP because they cant play fullscreen on their widescreen monitors.