Author Topic: Official Feature Vote of 2007  (Read 230212 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Official Feature Vote of 2007
« Reply #940 on: October 09, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »
is it that hard to check the player count bars at the bottom? i mean, i'm just saying ... that feature is already there in a slightly different form.
It is for those people who use cl_hudscale 1 at high resolutions so everything is microscopic. ;)

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #941 on: October 09, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »
I use cl_hudscale 1 while using 1680x1050 and it is still very easy to see.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #942 on: October 09, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »
wow spook, i understand your high fov now. At that resolution I have to use fov 140 to replicate what it looks like on my resolution at fov 112

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #943 on: October 09, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
Off topic but yeah, when i ran 1050x768 i used fov 130

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #944 on: October 09, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »
+1 for tie map generator.

^Everybody vote for it.  I know you want to.^

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #945 on: October 09, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »
i would add a negative to this one. i think they're perfect as-is.
14: Increase paintball visibility - S8NSSON, PiCaSSo, oli887, Dirty_Taco, nightryder, Playah, Spook, Gold_Leader, Nitroboy, Blitz, MosheD, DaRkNeSS, nopyo, capo

also add me to:
9: Team autobalance - ch40s, TinMan, magalhaes, eiii, KiLo, ^$hooter^, capo, Corporal Perez, T3RR0R15T, KoreMagna
7: Better bot AI - P!nk, jitspoe, ViciouZ, QueeNiE, sk89q, Apocalypse, Fred187
6: Server-side/multi-view demo support where you can view the demo from different player views - TargY, magalhaes, Apocalypse, eiii, Zorchenhimer, T3RR0R15T
5: Server browser player search feature - SmackWaters, T3RR0R15T, Apocalypse, Flame, KoreMagna
4: say_person feature - postmortem, Corporal Perez, Cobo, T3RR0R15T
4: Welcome e-mail with links/tips for new dplogin accounts - flip, ViciouZ, Cobo, Apocalypse
4: Tie map generator. - Olbaid, Bix, Moe_Lester, Razr
4: New menu format - Cobo, wade, Zorchenhimer, y00tz
4: Add (something like) DPGet to the official release - Zorchenhimer, y00tz, ViciouZ, Chef-Killer
4: Speedhacker observer mode that shows you changing to it as a disconnect - y00tz, Apocalypse, Fullmetal_Steeb, Garret
3: Option to display name changes. - y00tz, loial21 (I think?), Krizdo4, T3RR0R15T
3: Display map name and game mode at the beginning of the match - Zorchenhimer, T3RR0R15T, KoreMagna
3: Ability to select and copy text. - kNoC, TinMan, Chef-Killer
2: Store the server name, ip, and date in demos (to help with cheater reports). - jitspoe, T3RR0R15T
2: Menu to select crosshairs - JuCa, Playah
2: Make character limit for text fields Funname warning for 30+ character names (clan tags not working, etc.) - y00tz, Apocalypse
2: Include Zorch's menus - kNoC, wade
2: Display topspeed on the scoreboard. - lekky, Termin8oR
2: Expert Random (everyone gets a random weapon each round). - BountyGirl, lekky
2: Have Leaders, Co-Leaders, members and in-training members in the GLS clan section - Mag1C, lekky
1: Structured map development/release system - Apocalypse
1: Serveroption to allow only users with right names on the server. No empty names, no noname..., no newbie... - T3RR0R15T
1: Require one master name for each account that cannot be removed - y00tz
1: Fix players spawning inside of each other - T3RR0R15T
1: Add sk89q's DP Resource Site to website links - y00tz
1: Add a variable like funsounds 0/1 to turn off the round begin/death/flag grab sounds. - ViciouZ
1: Prone - Bling
1: Ingame ban option to ban global login ids - T3RR015T

and these are duplicates:
5: Server browser player search feature - SmackWaters, T3RR0R15T, Apocalypse, Flame, KoreMagna
3: Option to search players in the server browser - T3RR0R15T, Zorchenhimer, eradicator
-and-
9: In-game voice communication (VoIP) - SkateR, Clipz, ch40s, Termin8oR, wade, DaRkNeSS, nopyo, bctrainers, skitzo
1: In game mic chat - Bling

and regarding this one:
8: Client-side demo auto-recording - Zorchenhimer, XtremeBain, magalhaes, Spook, {appy Hamper, TinMan, atmays, Apocalypse
i dunno why, but now my game auto-records when i either (1) start a new game locally, or (2) join a server that's passworded. why is that? i have several auto-generated dm2 files building up in my demos folder.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #946 on: October 10, 2007, 02:33:38 PM »
I knew that ingame mic was already there but I couldn't find it so I just stuck it in there also it would make it much easier if you (everyone) voted with as close to what it says in the current list so say I wanted to vote for having leaders, co-leaders, members, and in-training members I should put in this Have Leaders, Co-Leaders, members and in-training members in the GLS clan section or part of that so that I can just ctrl f and find it on the list and add it.
Thanks,
Apocalypse

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #947 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:33 PM »
is it that hard to check the player count bars at the bottom? i mean, i'm just saying ... that feature is already there in a slightly different form.

obviously it is if i had the thought to post it. problem? didn't know this was a thread about shutting out good ideas. if seen plenty of people complain about not being able to see this and that, not knowing they were the last ones alive, i just thought this could help out the matching scene some. it's really useful while playing warsow why wouldn't it be here?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #948 on: October 10, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »
obviously it is if i had the thought to post it. problem? didn't know this was a thread about shutting out good ideas.
easy, easy, no need to get so defensive. you put a thought out there, and so did i. i'm not "shutting out" any ideas, i'd have to be an admin/mod to do that.

so would you say that you might like to replace the existing bars with numbers? or at least have a momentary message pop up in the middle of the screen that says something like "You're the last person on your team!"? cuz i can see that being helpful, now that i revisit the idea.

+1 for a text alert like this in the middle of the screen.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #949 on: October 10, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
Yeah I always find it hard to look at it out of the corner of my eye while playing especially in the midst of a race to  their flag (when there flag has to be at there base to cap) when I'm rushing and watching for campers or in the middle of fighting someone( for lack of a better term). Add me to this also
how about an indicator to let you know when you are the last one of your team alive. something like 1v4, 1v3, 1v2, 1v1. kinda like warsow. maybe have this feature only for match servers? maybe have it popup in the middle of the screen or in a corner somewhere.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #950 on: October 10, 2007, 06:43:49 PM »
i dunno why, but now my game auto-records when i either (1) start a new game locally, or (2) join a server that's passworded. why is that? i have several auto-generated dm2 files building up in my demos folder.
The autorecord feature is set by default to automatically record when a password is set.  It's a server-side setting.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #951 on: October 10, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »
thanks, jits. :D (like my new avatar?)

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:21 PM »
so would you say that you might like to replace the existing bars with numbers? or at least have a momentary message pop up in the middle of the screen that says something like "You're the last person on your team!"? cuz i can see that being helpful, now that i revisit the idea.

im not asking for some obnoxious text to flash in the middle of your screen. i am saying something like 3v1, 2v1, 1v1(depending on the size of the match) to show up somewhere around the crosshair in some extremely visible color.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #953 on: October 11, 2007, 11:45:32 PM »
So you mean something like what happens in Warsow?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #954 on: October 11, 2007, 11:49:23 PM »
... it's really useful while playing warsow ...
yes, that's the idea. :)

im not asking for some obnoxious text to flash in the middle of your screen. i am saying something like 3v1, 2v1, 1v1(depending on the size of the match) to show up somewhere around the crosshair in some extremely visible color.
like something that would always be visible, or that would just appear momentarily when the numbers change?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #955 on: October 11, 2007, 11:52:32 PM »
Doh. Not paying attention.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #956 on: October 12, 2007, 05:15:07 AM »
12: Hardware bans
10: Some method to prevent people from disconnecting to stop flag captures
9: External PHP/MySQL feature voting page with +/- voting
8: Indicator for password-protected servers
8: Don't require mouse to be over edit fields to type
8: Client-side demo auto-recording
6: Sort buttons on (in-game) server list
6: Tie global login accounts to forum accounts
6: Server-side/multi-view demo support where you can view the demo from different player views
5: Ragdoll death animations
4: say_person feature
4: New menu format
4: Get rid of player model in first-person chase cam view.
4: Add (something like) DPGet to the official release
3: Player mute option / Better way to control who can and can't talk during matches (for pbcup admins)
3: More cheat detection
3: More DSM options for entities (so I can finish pbcup/arctic_dsm)
3: Download textures required by rscripts.
3: Don't try to download textures if an rscript exists for that texture name.
2: Include Zorch's menus
2: Racist filter
1: Stop downloading the previous map if the server changes maps
1: Show tips at the loading screen, such as how to throw a grenade, how to get on IRC, etc.
1: Optimize water code for better framerates
1: New screenshots for site
1: Grass flag for textures that renders 3D grass
1: Ability to record demos from a demo
add me to that

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #957 on: October 12, 2007, 05:57:30 AM »
add me to: Warm up mode, and Don't require mouse to be over edit fields to type

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #958 on: October 12, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
2: Include Zorch's menus - kNoC, wade

How did I miss that one? Add me to that.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #959 on: October 12, 2007, 02:50:27 PM »
Add me to "2: Include Zorch's menus - kNoC, wade" also.