Author Topic: Official Feature Vote of 2007  (Read 230103 times)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Official Feature Vote of 2007
« Reply #800 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:35 AM »
true, all kinds of things could be done with feed capabilities in the new menu system, and that's where Zorch can take over!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #801 on: August 17, 2007, 11:25:25 AM »
Here's a general suggestion to help new players. You know when you sign up for an email acct and it sends you that first email you usually just delete that is in all acctuality a welcome letter? The community should have a welcome email for new players. It could have alot of helpful hints in it. Names of staff, Game setup suggestions, list of simple commands, servers and players that will be willing to help. If it sounds like a good idea I'm sure you could think of the right stuff to put in it.
kid

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #802 on: August 17, 2007, 12:02:09 PM »
Here's a general suggestion to help new players. You know when you sign up for an email acct and it sends you that first email you usually just delete that is in all acctuality a welcome letter? The community should have a welcome email for new players. It could have alot of helpful hints in it. Names of staff, Game setup suggestions, list of simple commands, servers and players that will be willing to help. If it sounds like a good idea I'm sure you could think of the right stuff to put in it.
kid

Very nice idea. I just replied to that in another thread. I'd be happy to help people out if there is a helper-outer position free.
(That's a +1)

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #803 on: August 17, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
kid

1: Show tips at the loading screen, such as how to throw a grenade, how to get on IRC, etc. - Cobo

I think doing that in there would be much better.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #804 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:34 PM »
kid

Very nice idea. I just replied to that in another thread. I'd be happy to help people out if there is a helper-outer position free.
(That's a +1)
Doubled.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #805 on: August 17, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »
1: Show tips at the loading screen, such as how to throw a grenade, how to get on IRC, etc. - Cobo
I think doing that in there would be much better.

How long is the loading screen, though?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #806 on: August 17, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »
Well, depends on how long it takes to load the map.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #807 on: August 17, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
Not very long, was my point. It's not really long enough to display a full message. You could have a 'Click to enter game' thing I guess.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #808 on: August 17, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »
Well, in my computer it takes a good 3-5 seconds to load.

Enough to put a message like:
"Join the community"
"Respect the other players"
"Dont cheat"
"Drop your gun and walk over another one to pick it up"
"Cobo is the best person in the world"
"Have a question? Search the forums or ask it directly"
"Have a suggestion for the game? Share it with us in the forums"

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #809 on: August 18, 2007, 12:28:31 AM »
Add my vote to serverbrowser player search function.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #810 on: August 18, 2007, 06:12:22 AM »
me 2

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #811 on: August 18, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #812 on: August 18, 2007, 11:05:58 AM »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #813 on: August 18, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »
- Serveroption to allow only users with right names on the server. No empty names, no noname..., no newbie...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #814 on: August 20, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
- Serveroption to allow only users with right names on the server. No empty names, no noname..., no newbie...
sv_login 2

On that subject, it might be nice to have a feature that forces names to be unique by assigning random numbers, like "newbie26472", making it easier to search logs.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #815 on: August 20, 2007, 10:54:16 PM »
Ooo, add me!!! That's a great feature.

omg... I think the game should just ban the use of noname and newbie... it's annoying and lack creativity in names... very annoying when you have noname, noname(1) etc... ack!

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #816 on: August 20, 2007, 11:28:22 PM »
Add me to these in-game features :)

10: Vote kick - that be perfect for players who's spoiling the fun
9: Server setting to adjust maxclients based on map size (controlled by mapinfo files) - yes, dont want to see 1 on 1 on maps like anubis or rome. lol
8: Leaning - yes!
7: Female player model - that would be nice :) no flowers please. lol... but not important... but female voice for jumping is a nice feature
7: Team autobalance - and prevent people switching teams when the teams are even...
6: Round countdown timer for siege maps
5: Customizable word filter
4: Wall jumping
4: Wave animation - add more like salute or taunt. lol

4: Support for left and right mouse wheel
4: Weapon and item autoswitching
- these 2 are not important if you can only hold one weapon at a time...

3: Scroll bar in the console
2: Grapple
2: Melee attack (barrel tag? paintbrush?) - hahaha, i LOVE the idea of reading "player A was killed by player B's paintbrush"
2: Display map name and game mode at the beginning of the match - helpful when it's new map

2: "Best of" page to display the most popular maps / best players
- this reminds me of the LMCTF mod where at the end of a match, it will display MVP for offense (most caps of course) and MVP for defense (i think for killing flag carrier)

2: Free for all game mode where a player gets points for holding a flag - isn't that like Capture the Chicken Q2 mod??
1: More cheat detection - will help rather then people guessing... isn't it possible to just do some kinda of detector where if the server detects any modification to maps, texture, etc that is not original to the program then they'd be banned?

1: Allow maps to be voted down if one starts that people don't want. i.e. it would then end that map and take votes again, like normal when maps are over (votenextmap?)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #817 on: August 21, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »
Noname happens when your name is to long and newbie is when you haven't set a name (except in y00tz's newbie(99) case lol.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #818 on: August 21, 2007, 08:18:54 AM »

I think it means, if you're holding a Spyder SE and you run over an Autococker, it'll automatically drop the SpyderSE and you'll pickup the Autococker.  The same thing with brass/steel barrels or 100/200 hoppers.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #819 on: August 21, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »

I think it means, if you're holding a Spyder SE and you run over an Autococker, it'll automatically drop the SpyderSE and you'll pickup the Autococker.  The same thing with brass/steel barrels or 100/200 hoppers.

Who voted for that! Thats horrible for team matching.