Author Topic: New Map: Anubis  (Read 27837 times)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Anubis
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
I have tested now different things with downloads, gamemodes, playability (with many people) and i also tried to find any mistakes or problems. I couldn't found anything, should be all ok.

- Anyone else found any mistakes or problems?

- Should the map longer tested?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2007, 02:46:27 PM »
I think it's probably good to go.  You've been running it on the speed server, right?  It probably has plenty of play testing by now.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »
stick a skip brush over the top of the water  that if this game support skip brushes
also  a map should never take Compiling  couple of days.  not even 3hours

opps sorry i meant a hint brush
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:30:16 PM by stigma »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »
What does putting a skip brush over the water do?

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
Hints /skip brushes

Helps determine the Vis portals. During the Vis phase, when the world is subdivided. compile time Generally speaking,

They are used to correct Vis problems, effect seen during game play.  Lag; long compile time, Vis errors and so on these can often be corrected by careful placement of a hint/skip brush. If you fill the volume where the error is seen or the volume adjacent to it, the problem  is fixed

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »
Hint and skip do completely different things.  Hint splits the brushes and generates portals.  Skip... I'm not sure what skip does, but it causes funky things to happen when I've played around with it.  It does "skip" the face sometimes, but it also tends to make the other faces do really funky things, like extend a non-solid plane until it intersects another plane.

In any case, the hint brush might help the framerates/r_speeds with reflective water, but may also cause portions of the reflection not to draw because they aren't visible from the surface of the water.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2007, 08:30:32 PM »
opps sorry i meant a hint brush.. instead of skip

i find it better to use hint brushes instead of skip they do wired things to maps sometimes 

a skip brush basicily skip that area of map when compileing they need be put in right places to work right

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2007, 07:15:14 AM »
Oh sorry, to much english for me :D

I didn't need a couple of days for compiling, just almost 15 hours :P

Should i use a hint brush or not?
If yes, please post a screenshot where (complete water, also "apply bush"?).

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2007, 07:23:04 AM »
 'A new bus'!   Sweet downloading....

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2007, 08:38:24 AM »
I like the map quiet well except for the OTB's above the base flags which in my opinion takes away from the quality of the map.   Also the latest rar file extracts the flame textures to C:\Paintball2\pball\textures\pall instead of pball.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »
Thanks PiCaSSo, i have fixed the .rar file.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
As a UT player, I gotta say Chef-Killer I'm impressed, great work mate

Cheers,
y00tz

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »
I dicided now to do the final release of this map. The map and all the other things are uploaded on the OTB server yet.

Here is the map (anubis.bsp):
ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/anubis.bsp

Here is the file with all things for the map (anubis.rar):
ftp://otb-server.de/daniel/anubis.rar

Serveradmins, please upload the map, mapinfo, script and textures on your servers.

A least i have to say: Thanks for all the help i got to finish this map as (i hope :)) a good map.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »
I've uploaded the map to dplogin.com.  A few things, though:

- The map is a bit large for 1v1, so a minplayers of 0 isn't really realistic.  It should probably be more like 6 or 8.  I think anything less than a 3v3 on that map would be kind of lonely.
- You list DM on the supported list, but there are no additional DM spawns.  Players are stuck respawning in the spawn rooms, so much of the map doesn't get utilized and spawn camping becomes an issue.
- In KOTH mode, there is no hill defined, just the flag.  I guess that's fine since it's a secondary mode that will probably never be played, but it would be better to have a slightly larger area defined so the person controlling the hill can be in more than one spot.
- In CTF mode, the center flag still spawns.

If you go about tweaking any entities, it would be cool to make the area outside the spawn rooms jails.  They already have the bars.  Maybe have a way to teleport between them or something.  Just an idea.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 03:12:31 PM »
Tweaking with rename the final or with an .ent file?

Shouldn't it be so?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
I've uploaded the map to dplogin.com.  A few things, though:

- The map is a bit large for 1v1, so a minplayers of 0 isn't really realistic.  It should probably be more like 6 or 8.  I think anything less than a 3v3 on that map would be kind of lonely.
- You list DM on the supported list, but there are no additional DM spawns.  Players are stuck respawning in the spawn rooms, so much of the map doesn't get utilized and spawn camping becomes an issue.
- In KOTH mode, there is no hill defined, just the flag.  I guess that's fine since it's a secondary mode that will probably never be played, but it would be better to have a slightly larger area defined so the person controlling the hill can be in more than one spot.

If you go about tweaking any entities, it would be cool to make the area outside the spawn rooms jails.  They already have the bars.  Maybe have a way to teleport between them or something.  Just an idea.
Good idea Jits until a little while ago I thought there was some way to get in there. Why is it there?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
There was never a way to get in, it should be for a nice look out of the map ;)

ART-MEN

• Stingray
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2007, 03:42:12 PM »
good screnshot!!!

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2007, 05:32:24 AM »
COOLZ MAPZ.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »
Chef-Killer fixed a few things and i want compile it, but now i have white lights. Anyone has an idea how to change it back?

Old map version: good lighting.
New map version: bad lighting.