Author Topic: New tournament starting 12th March  (Read 11870 times)

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: New tournament starting 12th March
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 01:35:00 AM »
I'm not completely sure about that, but was there observerblackout on the GT servers? If not, please change that.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:21:10 AM by Dirty_Taco »

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 04:36:44 AM »
Even if you don't believe me, I'm pretty sure the outcome of razzle wouldn't have changed.

I agree, and it was not my intention to "accuse" you of obs reconning at all.  I just think the matchservers should have it turned on.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 06:53:21 AM »
I know some people play matches without obsblackout, and mostly not having any observers, that's fine, but shouldn't, IF obsblackout is the norm for tournaments, all matches and match servers be default with obsblackout set to on?

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
I am really sorry that this incident occured DT.

I am also very sorry to announce that the most important thing in this tournament is gone, the ch1ll server. I got to know about it in friday. I was also lazy and moron enough not to set up a OTB server, I am sorry, I cant lead a tournament. I dont have time, either will or even no idea how to solve this problem..

Oh wait, yes i do! The group phase is extended until all matches are played (this also means that we wait until ch1lls are back up). USA vs USA games can still be played (go to GT website, get a server, pick a map from the *maplist* and play), same with euro servers (get memi or otb).

Oh, and mz I told you to write I or II :D

Indeed you are very unorganized.

Our tournament server is/was READY to go and takes one command to start but you need to learn a little respect instead of ignoring my PM, complaining about a login access which was a result of your inability to answer my questions to you in the first tournament and lastly acting like you don't know who to contact to get a GT server when you know full well I was the one who went to the trouble of setting up the first one for you.

I responded to you in PM about using the GRaFFiTi servers AGAIN.  I also explained to you that the reason I didn't give you a higher level login was because you couln't/didn't wish to tell me what access commands you needed a full access login for in the first tournament.  I would have made those commands accessible to you if you had.

Looks like you really dropped the ball on this one...

To those asking about obsblackout:

I set the last tournament server up according to the configurations blaa requested and instructed him to make sure that ALL the tournament servers were setup the same using the identical config settings. 

I turned obsblackout OFF a long time ago on the GRaFFiTi match servers because everybody complained about it when I had it on.  It's an easy thing to turn on but there seems to be a definate communication problem where blaa is concerned.

I'm more than happy to help by lending our servers for tournaments but the people who are arranging the tournaments need to be organized, be specific about what you want and make sure all the server settings match.

ALSO, keep the lines of communication open in case any changes need to be made.

Lastly, if you start something, make sure you finish it. 

Good Luck...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
http://www.graffiti-taggerz.com/~dpaintball/index-MatchTool.shtml  - to get GT server
and for european servers:[OTB] 3v3 Tourny - 85.214.56.218:44444
pw 3action, login 3action

Please finish group matches within this week!

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
Rotflmao!! You didn't listen to a word I said...

How convenient for you to volunteer our match servers for your tournament without first asking!!  How do you know if our match server configs are set up exactly as the original tournament servers were.  How fair is that to all those who have entered into the tournament you started and now "don't have the time to run?"

Not only can you NOT run a tournament, you're just plain RUDE!

Have a nice day!

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 03:47:54 PM »
I dont have time...
May be some kind of excuse

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »
I'm still confused. When and who do we match?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 06:40:28 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:21:04 AM by Dirty_Taco »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
I wasnt doing excuses. Uh or maybe I was, Im sorry. Im sorry I tried to bring some competition in.
You see, I wasnt trying to start some sort of fancy uber-e-sports league, just a small little tournament. These small little tournaments felt so fun in 1 another game (although I just played 1 oneweek long 1v1 tournament [1map was used]).

But, where Ive went so wrong then? I had ch1ll, why I needed GT? Not my bad ch1lls went down..

iEATnoobs, yes you have to match all the people in your group - http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/dpcup/?q=node/1 - please study that page, full information there.

Just to point out, after I made the groups last thursday I pasted that link to every team thatjoined in, I spoke to most of the teams in person aswell, to make sure all teams understand the rules.

Now, my favourite part - PICASSO !!!1 You seem so pointless to me, I am sorry, I dont like you. Its my right not to like you. Most of your posts in this forum ive seen are empty, useless, meaningless, annoying. Or maybe is it just me. For example in that cheat forum you asked  jitspoe what was the cheat, when jits forgot to add the cheat: line. Like who the intercourse cares? And like why the intercourse would you care? You wouldnt care, youre just dumb. So now I need your permission to use that web? Great, I wont come to ask it.

There's no need for attacks here.  Try again in 2 days.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 11:47:39 AM by jitspoe »

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 12:19:06 PM »
Wow blaa, All I did for you is waste my time trying to help you by setting up a special server for your first tournament and then YOU yourself asked how to get a hold of a GT admin in this very thread for the second tournament...

You claim you had ch|11 servers and then asked "why I needed GT"

Well, first of all you asked, and even if you didn't need our server then, the fact that ch|11 servers went down would have been reason enough for you to need our server.

Had you handled yourself in a respectful manner by communicating with me as you did when you requested the first server from me I would have been glad to help you by restarting our tournament server for you again.  All you needed to do is communicate with me in a respectful manner letting me know precisely what you needed and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's NOT my fault you were unable to organize this tournament and take the necessary steps to see it to it's completion. 

READ YOUR OWN WORDS:  "I am also very sorry to announce that the most important thing in this tournament is gone, the ch1ll server. I got to know about it in friday. I was also lazy and moron enough not to set up a OTB server, I am sorry, I cant lead a tournament. I dont have time, either will or even no idea how to solve this problem.."

"POINTLESS" would be the fact that you basically wasted a lot of people's time with your unorganized approach.

Personally, I don't care how you feel about me and how you feel about my presence on this forum as well as the content of my replies to other threads has nothing to do with this thread or the facts I've mentioned above.

Your problems could have been solved with great ease with a little respectful communication.

DISCLAIMER: All statements above are intended to be constructive, factual, and noninflammatory.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2007, 01:04:40 PM »
DISCLAIMER: All statements above are intended to be constructive, factual, and noninflammatory.

The way you put it makes you sound like you're on moral high ground. I think that your post was as much a flame as blaa was. Now, let's get this thread (and the tournament) back on track. PiCaSSo, my we please use GT servers? I'll pm you the config if you reply in the positive. Thanks!

*note to blaa: cut down on the booze*

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »
You're of course entitled to your opinion. 

I'll be glad too...

Is it the same config as the first tournament or have you changed something for the second tournament.  Also, to address the comments of the participants concerning obsblackout, do you guys want it ON or OFF for the tournament?

If you have a revised config you would like me to use, go ahead and PM it or email it to me at the address in my profile along with anything else you need.  Oh, also let me know what commands you need access too if any for a login.   

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »
Okay ViciouZ...

The 3vs3Cup Tournament server is ONLINE and ready for use:

GRaFFiTi PainT ={Tournament}=
        69.93.11.66:27910

password: 3v3cup  -  login: mapchange

If you need an admin login email me and I'll set YOU ONLY up with a password.   Make sure to test the server to make sure it meets your needs and email me if you have any other concerns.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »
45% of group matches played so far, pick up the pace please, group phase ends in sunday.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 02:03:54 AM »
Playoffs:
A finals (1-4)
cD vs Starz
CC vs 20ID
B finals (5-8)
- vs MeMi
Qehs vs aT
C final (9-10)
LC vs -

Was an intense group phase. Im sorry that Ij and the nubbins left the cup so the group II had only 3 teams. Had a long discussion with muffdiver this morning about the future cups and i am sure with his help i can organize a perfect tournament. Now to all of those who say this is a badly run tournament: a tournament is about the game and about the played playing the game, a perfect tournament is a tournament where no directors, referees are needed.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 05:40:59 AM »
OMG...the only match we really wanted to do is the only we didnt(20ID)...
GG all and ty blaa for the iniciative!

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2007, 07:03:34 AM »
I really wished we could participate. We sat around just about everynight and asked every clan to match, except the germans, because none were on irc. The only clan that asked us to match was aT, but it was a school day. Next cup would be much more organized and fair if matches had a set time.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2007, 08:42:11 AM »
could someone explain to me why the group phase was ended after 3 of 4 matches have been played?  MeMi has not had the chance to play against AllStarz, which would be the decider for #2, and obviously LC has not played against 20ID yet.