Author Topic: map organizing  (Read 1355 times)

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
map organizing
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:39 PM »
I realize that Zorch has given us a menu for starting maps, but I still have several in each letter.  I dumped a bunch in, and removed a bunch, and put more in... So now in each category they are out of order.  What I'm asking is: How do I re-install with all my maps, so that they are completely alphabetical?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: map organizing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:37:43 AM »
Try this:  From explorer (just open "my computer") go to your maps directory (c:\games\paintball2\pball\maps by default), right click and arrange by name.  I think the order they show up in game is whatever sorting order is used for that directory.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
I thought he tried that before. Either way this doesn't happen to me, everything organizes itself.

Maybe its because {appy just added 500 jump maps. ;)

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »
actually it was more like 1400.  I cleaned them out though, and that has left my directory out of order.

Arranging by name doesn't work.  The game reads them in the order they were downloaded or something.

- I since had the rather obvious idea of removing all the maps into a diff. file, starting the game, quitting, moving all the maps back in after sorting, and then starting.  I haven't tried that yet, but it should work if I'm not mistaken.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »
They sort by name for me, but I've seen it go both ways.  I always assumed it had something to do with the way your folder view was set up in windows.  You might want to throw list sorting on the feature vote thread if it bugs you that much.

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 07:19:14 PM »
I tried removing all maps, and then plugging them back in, and that worked.  I'm not sure what the difference is on the folders thing though.  I think I might have tried it last time on build 15, so maybe that was why it didn't work.