Author Topic: I can't change maps on server  (Read 1369 times)

Francisco

• PGP
I can't change maps on server
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »
  Hi, is there anyone that can help me with this? Recently, everytime my mate and I try to change a map on server, it redirects us to a new game ( in the map we just tried to put ) with bots... And the server remains the same!

I am opped to it, i'm admin of it, so are two more people but only one of them can change maps... Me and Magalhães ( more specific ) go straight to a new private game!

We think its some problems in the configs, once recently we installed the ''For those with 400+ maps (v4)'' that  Zorchenhimer made!

So my question is, is someone else with the same problem? Or someone who knows how can this be solved?? Cuz its really boring changing maps by crashing the server and re-open it quickly after with the map we want  :(

Thank you for any help!

Vouvos_Apeida

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Re: I can't change maps on server
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:20:47 AM »
It sounds like you're typeing map mapnamhere instead of newmap mapnamehere.  Always use newmap mapnamehere on a server.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »
There was an bug with Zorch's map menu release, which is supposedly fixed.  Get the new version here:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5169.0

Found a bug in my maps menu. It would disconnect from the server and start a new game with the map you just selected. But I fixed it now.

I also updated the 'all menus' zip to include this fix.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:37:59 AM »
Hrmmm I stand corrected...

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
There was an bug with Zorch's map menu release, which is supposedly fixed.  Get the new version here:

Yea, sorry about that. I was playing with my roommate and tried to change the map, but his didn't change. But its fixed now.

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:16:53 AM »
Thanks gosh i read this post because I would have posted the same question...i was admin of a server lastnight but when i would go to change maps it would redirect me to *My own Server* (that is blocked by a port so it doesn't work at the moment) and run it off of the Person's computer who has server i was on. Weird...so we need to d/l those menu's again to fix that error or what?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »
Just the "mapsV5.zip".