23 (56.1%)
WTF is TruePaint?
10 (24.4%)
Maybe
1 (2.4%)
I can play Digital Paint and TruePaint
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Competition Arises  (Read 4662 times)

Darkburger

• PGP
Competition Arises
« on: March 02, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
So, I saw this the other day: www.truepaint.net

I must say, it has swayed me, when the release of this comes out, I will be moving to it.

For those of you who don't follow the mod community (something I do alot), you wont know what the hell it is, to be more informed, check it here: http://www.truepaint.net/about.html

Based upon the Quake3 engine, it has a bazillion features, graphics, maps, guns, customizable parts, customizable characters *drools* So I was wondering, how many of you would try it? If you liked it, would you give up this? Or play both? Or not play TruePaint at all?

Me, I will be moving on to TruePaint, though I will keep DP on my HD, and still play...

Please don't think this is a...Ummm, how do you say....like a recruitment, all I want to know is, does this look appealing to you guys?

Screenies: http://www.truepaint.net/gallery/

Kaos

• VM-68
Re: Competition Arises
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »
thats jus like the halflife mod of dp jus go ahead and buy halflife and play that instead

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:56:43 AM »
Yeah. That's like real paintball. This is a surreal twist on it. If you want to play that, go ahead.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:58:39 AM »
I don't really see it as competition -- not any more so than any other FPS game.  The basic premise may be the same, but the gameplay will be completely different.  It's kind of like comparing BF2 to Quake, since they both have rocket launchers and shotguns.   TruePaint is geared more toward realism.  If you play paintball in real life, you might enjoy it.  Personally I feel the paintball sim games tend to be kind of boring.  I prefer the faster-paced gameplay to sitting behind a bunker spraying all round.

Also, you have to keep in mind that the game doesn't even "exist" yet.  It might be another Maximum Velocity Paintball.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:27:54 AM »
to be honest i hate real-life paintball, would hate to play a paintball sim.

This game is cool because i can fly around maps killing people with my amazing 1-shot kills gun.

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
Darkburger in your other thread you made you were complaining about camping and lining. As i looked at that website it reminds me of real life paintball were they just sit back and line.

Darkburger

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 10:22:48 AM »
Darkburger in your other thread you made you were complaining about camping and lining. As i looked at that website it reminds me of real life paintball were they just sit back and line.

Umm, line? Sorry I'm not very good with real life paintball terms....

l1g

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »
Good point Moe, but it is his chose to play that other game.  Darkburger this new game is just lining and camping, exactly what Moe said, so I don't see the interest in it. I do like the idea of twist and maybe, hopefully, Jitspoe will be able to include that in Build 18.  I personally won't go play this new game, I don't think it looks like much fun.  I like our Digital Paintball.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 03:19:01 AM »
um, didnt this guy just get caught hacking?

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:52:55 AM »
True dat.

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 09:58:20 AM »
hahah....Digital paint fo life!

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:22:56 AM by Dirty_Taco »

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:08 PM »
That's going to be a totally different game compared to this. Probably like 500 more newbies there whining about spray.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »
:P speed ball paintball games suck.. paintbrawl 2 ftw...

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
Ill give it a shot, we can all speculate. But till its released, Who knows =] might be the css version of PB.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 06:11:55 AM »
Let me now quote from what Darkburger put on the ModDB entry for this game:
Lame. I helped support this game for years, and get banned for "Cheating" dont bother getting this game. They hve NO updates, poor gameplay, and totally crap-ass community, and the only people who play are ass-tards.

My suggestion? Wait for this Quake 3 paintball game to come out: http://truepaint.net

It has way more to offer then this load of bullexcrement.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 07:42:38 AM »
I helped support this game for years
LOL

Sn1p3r [slayer]

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
I think I will stay with Digital Paint. I like its community and I like the gameplay the game offers. I will however give Truepaint a try to see if it's good.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
Let me now quote from what Darkburger put on the ModDB entry for this game:
Lame. I helped support this game for years, and get banned for "Cheating" dont bother getting this game. They hve NO updates, bad gameplay, and totally crap-ass community, and the only people who play are ass-tards.

My suggestion? Wait for this Quake 3 paintball game to come out: http://truepaint.net

It has way more to offer then this load of bullexcrement.

I think I speak for everyone when I say: if you don't like this game, don't play it. I've never even seen you before, don't know how you've been promoting this "load of bullexcrement" for years.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »
Indeed...  He has 3 posts to this forum and he's been supporting this game for years??  In what way?  Never heard of him either and I've been here forever.

Personally, I think he's a figment of his own imagination or a legend in his own mind.